BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

fletcher would be a big ask, doubt he'd come here, dingle too, but I wouldn't hold that against him if he did come here (which he will not) as he'd be a top player at this level

Think if we gave Stokes a 3 year deal, we could have used that money on a 1 or 2 year deal for Fletcher to partner with Graham. But i dont know if we want a chance at promotion, when we waste so much money on just anybody who asks for a deal. Its scary to think how much money we have spent on so many players and agents, when we could have brought in a few quality players.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think if we gave Stokes a 3 year deal, we could have used that money on a 1 or 2 year deal for Fletcher to partner with Graham. But i dont know if we want a chance at promotion, when we waste so much money on just anybody who asks for a deal. Its scary to think how much money we have spent on so many players and agents, when we could have brought in a few quality players.

Never going to get near Fletcher he was on 70k at S'land and wants a move to Celtic.

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/anthony-stokes-3145810.aspx

All rosy in the garden then - and Owen was the catalyst!!

Any more news on Graham/the loanee?

Offer made to Graham. He is talking to other clubs about offers. Only time will tell where he will sign.

Massive No to Fletcher. Him and Graham would be awful. For me, Fletcher is too slow now pace wise

Offer made to Graham. He is talking to other clubs about offers. Only time will tell where he will sign.

Massive No to Fletcher. Him and Graham would be awful. For me, Fletcher is too slow now pace wise

Give Fletcher the ball, and tell him to put it into the back of the net. Thats all, he doesnt need pace. Can find him a pair of legs in midfield to run for him.

Whether Fletcher will sign or not is something I don't know. However if he lacks pace but can score goals surely a good manager comes up with a system to get the best out of his players.

No reason why a forward line of Fletcher and Graham couldn't get you goals if you play to their strengths.

• Moderation Lead

We don't need a striker. Remember? We were told once that rotten apple Rhodes was sold the rest of the team would florish and crack in goal after goal after goal.

No it wasn't.

People said if Rhodes was sold and the proceeds were used on the team it could improve us. As it turns out, they weren't and we've got a paper thin squad....

No it wasn't.

People said if Rhodes was sold and the proceeds were used on the team it could improve us. As it turns out, they weren't and we've got a paper thin squad....

The proceeds were never going to ever go on the team

No it wasn't.

The money from the sale of Rhodes is this season's parachute payment which will be used to offset losses. I do wonder if this was one of the main reasons for Lambert leaving.

We don't need a striker. Remember? We were told once that rotten apple Rhodes was sold the rest of the team would flourish and crack in goal after goal after goal.

Yeah. It did, without spending any of it.

No it wasn't.

Not true. Some wanted Rhodes dropped because he was holding the team back.

• Backroom

Matt Derbyshire has joined Cypriot side Omonia Nicosia after turning down a new deal with Rotherham.

If that's the best he could do, probably a good thing we didn't sign him.

Yeah. It did, without spending any of it.

I think our 'goals for' column would disagree with you there, den, but I for one can't be arsed with another Rhodes debate.

Regardless of what we thought, the money wasn't invested (as me and plenty said would happen) and here we are. Not as if any of us had any bearing on JR leaving or Venky's pocketing the cash so no use arguing over it.

Matt Derbyshire has joined Cypriot side Omonia Nicosia after turning down a new deal with Rotherham.

Whilst I like Derbs, I don't think he's a good enough signing for any Championship team with hopes beyond fighting a relegation battle so I'm not bothered we've missed out. He's made a good decision though. Poor quality league, decent money, great weather and ultimately no pressure. Enjoy yourself Matty.

Don't know If true but he didn't want to come back to be 3rd or 4th choice , which is understandable , but it reality if we did get Graham along with Stokes and maybe a no.10 type forward I couldn't see Derbyshire being anything else

How is that us missing out though?

ooooooh you are awful

Still would like to see us go for Fletcher and Graham. Play them up front with Stokes in behind, Conway and Marshall on the wings, and Evans sitting deep. Why not hey. :D attack attack attack

Steele

Henley Duffy Hanley LB

Evans

Marshall Conway

Stokes

Fletcher Graham

If that's the best he could do, probably a good thing we didn't sign him.

Although he's a local lad he hasn't got the quality. Would have been ok as a squadie but strikes me as the type that would want to play at this stage of his career. No loss.

Archived