BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Anthony Stokes

Tom

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marquee signing. That should help shift another few thousand season tickets. I am waiting for Coyle's interview where he eulogises about him and insults our intelligence by expressing a few superlatives.

Hopefully he will keep any of his contraversial views away from the club and out of the public eye in his stay here. Tough one to look postively on given his baggage. Best we can hope is that he shuts up and performs.

61 games in the English leagues - 4 goals. Proven goalscorer my backside.

No but he's used to winning things albeit at a great advantage. Something our current crop of players lack.

61 games in the English leagues - 4 goals. Proven goalscorer my backside.

Played on the wing allot at sunderland.

One player in and it's a solid signing.

No but he's used to winning things albeit at a great advantage. Something our current crop of players lack.

Good strikers don't get moved to the wing.

Anyhow, I'm just picking up on the rovers official site about him being a proven goalscorer. If he's proven with 4 goals, what does that make Chris Brown who got 19 in his last season at Doncaster?

Winning things is something 'Coyley' lacks too. Lest you forget he has been sacked from his last three jobs. Now our previous manager knew about winning things but as I recall you had a real downer on him.

Contradictory from you.

From Bowyer fanboy, to Lambert hater, to Coyle fanboy.

You're an odd one.

To gauge whether or not the Stokes signing is a good one you have to be honest with your assessment of just where you expect us to finish at the end of the season.

If you think we're looking to get promoted, or in the play offs this is a very poor signing of the face of it.

If like me you think we're trying to just stay in this league he could be useful, he could score 10 goals this season and help to achieve our survival goal.

Looking at the Scottish media we beat Rotherham to his signature and he was on £20k a week at Celtic, we've matched those wages apparently :rock:

Winning things is something 'Coyley' lacks too. Lest you forget he has been sacked from his last three jobs. Now our previous manager knew about winning things but as I recall you had a real downer on him.

Contradictory from you.

Where did i suggest "Coyley" did?

I think Lambert had a real downer on himself, but the stats don't lie he was marginally better than Gaz.

Been a few vacancies already this summer and his name bar the Celtic post is nowhere even near.

Good strikers don't get moved to the wing.

Anyhow, I'm just picking up on the rovers official site about him being a proven goalscorer. If he's proven with 4 goals, what does that make Chris Brown who got 19 in his last season at Doncaster?

Bellamy played out wide many times for us, so did Kev Gally, and Bellamy was our best striker since Shearer in my opinion.

To gauge whether or not the Stokes signing is a good one you have to be honest with your assessment of just where you expect us to finish at the end of the season.

If you think we're looking to get promoted, or in the play offs this is a very poor signing of the face of it.

If like me you think we're trying to just stay in this league he could be useful, he could score 10 goals this season and help to achieve our survival goal.

Looking at the Scottish media we beat Rotherham to his signature and he was on £20k a week at Celtic, we've matched those wages apparently :rock:

We are absolutely borassic and we can afford to spend £20k per week on Stokes?

Football has gone mad.

Archived