BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Anthony Stokes

Tom

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bellamy played out wide many times for us, so did Kev Gally, and Bellamy was our best striker since Shearer in my opinion.

Bellamy could play anywhere Gav. I doubt Stokes was moved out wide at Sunderland because he was just as effective.

36 games for Sunderland - 3 goals. He's only scored one other goal in England in the other 25 games.

Where did i suggest "Coyley" did?

I think Lambert had a real downer on himself, but the stats don't lie he was marginally better than Gaz.

Been a few vacancies already this summer and his name bar the Celtic post is nowhere even near.

The inspiration to win things comes from the manager, surely you understand that. The appointment of a pretty much serial (but enthusiastic) loser as manager just about sums Blackburn Rovers under Venkys up.

We are absolutely borassic and we can afford to spend £20k per week on Stokes?

Football has gone mad.

Must say id have expected half that much Stuart, it's all speculation so we'll never know.

Notice that the article didn't touch on his goal scoring exploits in England.

As long as he's not on stupid wages - and 20k/week based on his previous performance is stupid though I doubt we're paying him that - it's a meh from me. Not a dolloper but not a top class signing or proven goal scorer either.

If he's one of a range of forwards then he may be ok bit if he's one of our marquee signings we're even further in the brown stuff.

Bellamy could play anywhere Gav. I doubt Stokes was moved out wide at Sunderland because he was just as effective.

36 games for Sunderland - 3 goals. He's only scored one other goal in England in the other 25 games.

I don't see why his goalscoring record in Scotland counts for anything. The quality of defenders is on par with League Two. Put me up top for Celtic and I'll bag a few.

Telegraph reporting we beat a host of Champ clubs to his signature. As in, Rotherham? If we have given him a 3 year deal on £20k a week, that's an absolute joke. Likely a mate of Coyle's so getting a nice earner as a favour.

EDIT: according to his interview they've only met a couple of times. Still a touch uncomfortable with the deal but let's hope he can hit the ground running.

"proven goalscorer"-brcf official site. not in this country he isn't, but we'll see, I hope this signing is to compliment Graham and not instead of him.

*complement

Second time I've seen this mistake in a minute.

"proven goalscorer"-brcf official site. not in this country he isn't, but we'll see, I hope this signing is to compliment Graham and not instead of him.

'Complement'

It's the second time I've seen this mistake in um, maybe 10 minutes.

Cheers toppers!

Good strikers don't get moved to the wing.

Not comparing our latest signing to him - but Thierry Henry was moved to the wing prior to Arsenal - and if I remember correctly his early career at Arsenal was also on the wing. So personally wouldn't view that as a reflection on his ability as a striker.

congratulations, i hope pointing that irrelevant mistake out made you feel superior.

It did. But only because I was able to steal Topmans thunder after his post got deleted.

Believe me Tj, I've never had any complements when it comes to my spelling ability.

It did. But only because I was able to steal Topmans thunder after his post got deleted.

Believe me Tj, I've never had any complements when it comes to my spelling ability.

Toppers is the King of Pedentry so it's fair game.

🎣

Archived