BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Anthony Stokes

Tom

There is no way we are paying 20k a week IMO. Maybe 10!

If Stubbs wanted him at Rotherham then there's no way he'll have been offered more than 10k, Probably less actually. He'll be on 10k tops here, surely to comply with FFP.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Stubbs wanted him at Rotherham then there's no way he'll have been offered more than 10k, Probably less actually. He'll be on 10k tops here, surely to comply with FFP.

10k with various appearance and goal bonuses I reckon.

Which would be reasonably sensible given our history.

30k a week it is then :lol:

In our current state, I don't think we can ask for more.

He's a talented footballler, but a bit of a prat.

But I'd certainly have Stokes trying to score than Brown or Koita or Delfonso.

Get Graham in and that would be interesting.

Not a fan of our new manager, but if Lambert would have signed Stokes it would hailed as an astute signing.

To gauge whether or not the Stokes signing is a good one you have to be honest with your assessment of just where you expect us to finish at the end of the season.

If you think we're looking to get promoted, or in the play offs this is a very poor signing of the face of it.

If like me you think we're trying to just stay in this league he could be useful, he could score 10 goals this season and help to achieve our survival goal.

Looking at the Scottish media we beat Rotherham to his signature and he was on £20k a week at Celtic, we've matched those wages apparently :rock:

No idea how much Rovers are paying him but no way he was on 20k at Celtic.

No idea how much Rovers are paying him but no way he was on 20k at Celtic.

Looking around the usual media sites, when he signed his new contract in 2013 at Celtic only Scott Brown earned more, £25k a week.

The Celtic independent forum says he was on £18-20k a week when he went on lean to Hibs, but we'll never know for sure Ryan.

One thing I'll say for him is that he was bloody brilliant in the cup final for Hibs v Rangers. I know it's a one off but he ripped them to shreds all game.

Hibs fans really took to him, but obviously this is a step up from the Scottish Championship.

One thing I'll say for him is that he was bloody brilliant in the cup final for Hibs v Rangers. I know it's a one off but he ripped them to shreds all game.

Hibs fans really took to him, but obviously this is a step up from the Scottish Championship.

He had a good game in the final, no doubt about that, but Hibs missed out on promotion and Stokes was poor for most of his time at Hibs according to the fans.

Doesn't mean he'll be poor here though.

Goes to show it means sod all.

David Bentley, amazing for us, poor for Spurs. Santa Cruz similar at City.

For me, everyone deserves the chance to fail and I only care about what they do in blue and white.

So Jerome Anderson's son deserved his chance?

Oh for God's sake, we get it!

Jerome Anderson, Kean, Venky's, all those useless players we've had since Venky's took over and all the useless players we will have in the future..

We get what's happened in the past, we get what's going on in the club right now but when it comes down to it we all have a decision to make.

Do we boycott the team or support them because no matter who's in charge, who owns the club or who plays for us a team is going to put on those blue and white halves and get on the pitch.

Are you going to support them or blast them before they've even kicked a ball for us?

When you think back, this really is just mind boggling. Really incredible. How was this not more of a story? It's unbelievable that this chump got given the opportunity. In another thread someone said players were laughing at Rhodes. Well Jesus H Christ, they must've been wetting themselves watching young Myles.

Just seen a press picture of Stokes at his unveiling, scruffy swine has holes in his pants.

If you can afford a weave on top you can afford some hole free pants you scruffy git!

We've made our marquee signing now so apart from maybe an exciting loan it'll be more along the lines of Feeney.

Big Grants outgoing fee will cover the agents % for the incoming loans and freebies so don't worry people, the club will continue to serve it's purpose for those running it whilst they maintain a squad good enough to just stay up :blink:

Hahaha..Love it!

When you think back, this really is just mind boggling. Really incredible. How was this not more of a story? It's unbelievable that this chump got given the opportunity. In another thread someone said players were laughing at Rhodes. Well Jesus H Christ, they must've been wetting themselves watching young Myles.

Absolutely. The arrogance/impunity of that decision!.No shame. How dare they!....And where was that in the news?

Absolutely. The arrogance/impunity of that decision!.No shame. How dare they!....And where was that in the news?

And that Agent Orange was actually allowed 25 minutes uninterrupted airtime to defend the decision.

Just seen a press picture of Stokes at his unveiling, scruffy swine has holes in his pants.

If you can afford a weave on top you can afford some hole free pants you scruffy git!

Shocking wasn't it. Scruffy get could have at least put a new trackie on for his first day in a new job. Standards please.

He was superb, looked well overweight though and didn't do much apart from the final. Needs to get fit between now and August.

Hahaha..Love it!

Your so right about the nerve to do that to a once proud Football Club. Bloody 'tackle'. They should of been arrested for fraud.

SEM,Coyle, Rao's Out of OUR Club.

Nevermind THAT tackle, what about THIS goal?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbLhgKiS2vE

Looks like the players were really chuffed for him. Proper team spirit there.

Career statistics[edit] As of 5 February 2016 Club Season League Cup League Cup Other Total Apps Goals Apps Goals Apps Goals Apps Goals Apps Goals Aberdeen 201011[15] 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 Blackburn Rovers 201112[16] 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 201213[17] 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Total 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Aldershot Town (loan) 201213[17] 5 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 7 0 Exeter City 201213[17] 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 Monza 201314[2] 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 8 0 201415[2] 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Total 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 8 0 Pro Patria (loan) 201415[2] 15 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 15 1 L'Aquila 201516[2] 9 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 11 0 Lupa Castelli Romani (loan) 201516[2] 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Career total 39 1 2 0 0 0 2 0 43 1

Bloody hell, I'd need R2D2 to help me make any sense of that.

Yes. He was similar to Chris Smalling didn't you know?

Archived