BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Anthony Stokes

Tom

He was overwieght at the start of the season and didn't rip up any trees in Scottish Div 2 so I'm not expecting miracles. He sounds an average player with a bad attitude. 5/10 signing for me but I wasn't overly impressed when we signed Rudy.

I said I'd wait and see on recruitment before I judged Coyle. Jury still out.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see why his goalscoring record in Scotland counts for anything. The quality of defenders is on par with League Two. Put me up top for Celtic and I'll bag a few.

Telegraph reporting we beat a host of Champ clubs to his signature. As in, Rotherham? If we have given him a 3 year deal on £20k a week, that's an absolute joke. Likely a mate of Coyle's so getting a nice earner as a favour.

EDIT: according to his interview they've only met a couple of times. Still a touch uncomfortable with the deal but let's hope he can hit the ground running.

Ah but if he WAS a striker from League Two with the same goals im damn sure everyone would be saying hmm ..yeah worth a punt ..decent aquisition .

I seem to remember Windass at Accy getting bandied about as someone worth looking at ..

Ah but if he WAS a striker from League Two with the same goals im damn sure everyone would be saying hmm ..yeah worth a punt ..decent aquisition .

I seem to remember Windass at Accy getting bandied about as someone worth looking at ..

That's forgetting the resources Celtic have in comparison to their rivals. As I said, stick me up top and I'll bag a few for 'em. Can't say I'd do the same for Kilmarnock or someone though.

To gauge whether or not the Stokes signing is a good one you have to be honest with your assessment of just where you expect us to finish at the end of the season.

If you think we're looking to get promoted, or in the play offs this is a very poor signing of the face of it.

If like me you think we're trying to just stay in this league he could be useful, he could score 10 goals this season and help to achieve our survival goal.

Looking at the Scottish media we beat Rotherham to his signature and he was on £20k a week at Celtic, we've matched those wages apparently :rock:

Correct Gav but i find these days its better to have no expectations at all.

Compliment/complement

Actually it's not irrelevant because it is an actual word that means something completely different and changes the sense of your post. If we want someone to say nice things about Graham and boost his ego, I'll do that for much less than 20k a week.

Compliment/complement

Actually it's not irrelevant because it is an actual word that means something completely different and changes the sense of your post. If we want someone to say nice things about Graham and boost his ego, I'll do that for much less than 20k a week.

Don't let Mr gumboots hear you say that.

An improvement on brown and delfonsoe, but no where near as good as danny graham! Still need to get graham signed up....

Some reckon Graham is in the bag but there can't be an announcement till the end of the month when his contract expires. Don't buy into that myself

I saw him play for Hibs last season and he looked overweight and lazy. On saying that he was superb in the cup final. Scored a load of goals before he moved down to England but never really established himself at Shelec. For an IRA supporter that should be quite easy do so not sure what to make of him.

Poor man's Jordan Rhodes would be a good description I think.

A massive upgrade on Brown or Delfonzo though.

Bellamy could play anywhere Gav. I doubt Stokes was moved out wide at Sunderland because he was just as effective.

36 games for Sunderland - 3 goals. He's only scored one other goal in England in the other 25 games.

Better than Graham ' s Sunderland record and I'm a big fan of his.

I'll judge the fella after he's played.

Better than Graham ' s Sunderland record and I'm a big fan of his.

I'll judge the fella after he's played.

Chris Brown scored 9 in 66 games for Sunderland - a better strike rate than Stokes when he was there.

Chris Brown scored 9 in 66 games for Sunderland - a better strike rate than Stokes when he was there.

Goes to show it means sod all.

David Bentley, amazing for us, poor for Spurs. Santa Cruz similar at City.

For me, everyone deserves the chance to fail and I only care about what they do in blue and white.

Archived