BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Anthony Stokes

Tom

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't James Beattie kicked out of the club for alleged assault on Darwen Street? Example of falling standards.

Knowing what went on with James that evening and where he stood within the Rovers pecking order of the day, all round it was the most sensible and correct decision for Beatty to move on. Jonathan Walters was the only one that was pushed from my recollection of that era.

Re Stokes shouldn't we be supportive until the outcome is delivered.

Up the RA ! (The Rovers Army ) incase anyone wondered.

• 1 month later...

His absence from the squad yesterday made me wonder whether he had been sent down at his sentence hearing on the 20 December and rovers had kept it quiet!

Anyway the link below confirms his sentence hearing has been adjourned until next year following application from his solicitor on the basis that his Mrs is expecting first child and 'he is working full time over the Xmas period!' Worked very hard yesterday!

I actually think he should be getting a look in and is a decent impact player.

http://courtsnewsireland.ie/category/dublin-circuit-criminal-court/page/3/

His absence from the squad yesterday made me wonder whether he had been sent down at his sentence hearing on the 20 December and rovers had kept it quiet!

Anyway the link below confirms his sentence hearing has been adjourned until next year following application from his solicitor on the basis that his Mrs is expecting first child and 'he is working full time over the Xmas period!' Worked very hard yesterday!

I actually think he should be getting a look in and is a decent impact player.

http://courtsnewsireland.ie/category/dublin-circuit-criminal-court/page/3/

He worked has hard as some on the field of play yesterday... Never been so downhearted for a long while watching football

He worked has hard as some on the field of play yesterday... Never been so downhearted for a long while watching football

Glad I didn't go in the end.

I know your Scottish team is the Hibees - surely Stokes had something to offer if he had been on the bench yesterday?! We have lost the last 3, about to lose a 4th and the strikers playing haven't scored. Why wasn't he on the bench as an option to throw on to try and get a goal?

That's exactly what he did against Norwich in the opening game of the season and then scored twice against Mansfield. Apart from him falling out with Coyle after being subbed at Cardiff, and a fleeting cameo at Preston on the left wing, I can't recall him playing!

With the prospect of a loan striker maybe going back next month surely the emphasis recently should have been on getting this guy fit and involved again. An odd signing again and plenty rumours swirling about him on the lash back home ever since he signed here as well as other questionable stuff.

Hard to judge the guy as a player though when he appears sidelined. Just why did that balloon actually sign this fella ? Who were we doing a favour this time ?

Coyle out NOW.

Glad I didn't go in the end.

I know your Scottish team is the Hibees - surely Stokes had something to offer if he had been on the bench yesterday?! We have lost the last 3, about to lose a 4th and the strikers playing haven't scored. Why wasn't he on the bench as an option to throw on to try and get a goal?

That's exactly what he did against Norwich in the opening game of the season and then scored twice against Mansfield. Apart from him falling out with Coyle after being subbed at Cardiff, and a fleeting cameo at Preston on the left wing, I can't recall him playing!

Dunno unless he really has fell out with Coyle but personal feelings shouldn't come Into it

Personal feeling do come into it with Coyle. You only need to look at the comments made by Dave Wheelan, when sacking him.

I also happen to know the former club Doctor at Bolton, when he was there and he has a few stories to tell on the subject.

Problem with a Stokes as an impact sub is that he is probably totally out of shape. I saw 1 of his early games at Easter Riad last year and he looked as out of shape as anyone I've seen. That was in january but by the end of the season he was ripping The Huns a new one in the cup final. We don't have that kind of time to get him back into shape unfortunately so we have yet again wasted a fortune on a player who has delivered nowt.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived