BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Anthony Stokes

Tom

Any ITK's able to do some digging about this chaps absence yesterday? I'm not buying the 'food poisoning' excuse that was given yesterday! The squad presumably had an overnight stay on Friday and so he would have eaten the same as everybody else!

Stokes is a liability and has been in bother at every club he has ever played at. The sad thing is I think he has some talent. He should have come on certainly against Ipswich and arguably against Forest; he will be angry and my guess is something has gone on.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any ITK's able to do some digging about this chaps absence yesterday? I'm not buying the 'food poisoning' excuse that was given yesterday! The squad presumably had an overnight stay on Friday and so he would have eaten the same as everybody else!

Stokes is a liability and has been in bother at every club he has ever played at. The sad thing is I think he has some talent. He should have come on certainly against Ipswich and arguably against Forest; he will be angry and my guess is something has gone on.

Allegedly, an acquaintance has recently been 'completely violated', perhaps he's on compassionate leave comforting her.

This is beginning to look like another, suspicious signing !

It looked like one from the off, trouble maker, questionable attitude and connections. Club needs him off the books but can't get rid as no one will match his contract ? Just call the partners of BRFC and they'll tell their stooge manager to sort it. Throw in an injury prone ageing player as well. Hand out the %, job sorted !

We'll be paying this lad off before long probably :blink:

Due up in court in Dublin in November on charges of....and I'm not making this up .....assaulting an Elvis impersonator

Maybe he's not so bad after all then :)

Don't worry, he's only on our books for another 2.5 years.

But but we can't afford to hand full time contracts out we can only loan in ? ... unless it's through the right contacts and suits the right 3rd parties though !

Due up in court in Dublin in November on charges of....and I'm not making this up .....assaulting an Elvis impersonator

Hopefully the Ellvis impersonator wasn't all shook up, and Stokes is not feeling lonesome tonight in Ireland. I guess growing up in the ghetto makes you quite an angry person and not a teddy bear. Shame he's not on loan really as if he goes down we can't return to sender.

And Waggy76, if chimp head read your post he'd tell you that we can't build our dreams together with suspicious minds.

Hopefully the Ellvis impersonator wasn't all shook up, and Stokes is not feeling lonesome tonight in Ireland. I guess growing up in the ghetto makes you quite an angry person and not a teddy bear. Shame he's not on loan really as if he goes down we can't return to sender.

And Waggy76, if chimp head read your post he'd tell you that we can't build our dreams together with suspicious minds.

Elvis impersonators need killing off because there are now at least 85,000 Elvis Impersonators around the world, compared to only 170 in 1977 when Elvis died. At this rate of growth, experts predict that by 2040, Elvis Impersonators will make up a third of the world population!

I could well be joining him in court very soon, accused of assaulting a few people dressed in full blue and white halved kits, impersonating footballers.

Elvis impersonators need killing off because there are now at least 85,000 Elvis Impersonators around the world, compared to only 170 in 1977 when Elvis died. At this rate of growth, experts predict that by 2040, Elvis Impersonators will make up a third of the world population!

So we're caught in a trap then? You just reminded me of an Alexei Sayle sketch from the Merry go round series where Milton Keynes introduces jazz groups to enliven the town centre, but they over populate. They introduce a mariachi band to kill them of, but they end up cross breeding.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37940205

More shame brought on our club.

Presumably, we knew about this issue when signing him on a three year deal.

Pleading guilty to a criminal act such as assault should, IMV, result in immediate termination of an employee's contract. If he gets a custodial sentence, I don't see any other option for Rovers.

It all depends on whether Rovers knew he was guilty or not, if they hired him believing him to be not guilty then terminantion may be applicable. If they hired him knowing he was guilty then more fool them. It happened in 2013 after all, its not like they haven't had time to do their homework.

Its highly unlikely he will be getting a custodial.

Another brought from Scotland who has proceedings hanging over him and immediately put on a good contract. Someone who no one else would likely touch with a full time deal.

Surprise surprise.

Actually think when he's fully fit he offers something in front of goal but the oddness again surrounding this makes me think he'll be back up north soon with us ending up paying him off or something.

Presumably, we knew about this issue when signing him on a three year deal.

Pleading guilty to a criminal act such as assault should, IMV, result in immediate termination of an employee's contract. If he gets a custodial sentence, I don't see any other option for Rovers.

Wasn't James Beattie kicked out of the club for alleged assault on Darwen Street? Example of falling standards.

Archived