BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] England's Next Manager?

First half of his first season is probably some of the best I've seen but when we stalled he'd no idea how to put in right. We still finished high up but we stuttered there and a lot of that squad were league winners. Allegedly didn't get on with Sherwood but Tim still called him a football scientist at a fans forum.

He definitely inherited some unrest but his answer was throwing millions down the drain on some ridiculous signings. He seems to have done better in his career when he's not had many options top work with, Swiss team, Fulham, WBA etc.

For me though for a man of his experience his handling of the previous two tournaments has been very poor after a good start in each one.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the sacked Sam Allardyce may now end up England manager whilst his replacement manages a minnow in a part time league akin to Brig or someone.

Any wonder people find it hard to shake off the contempt of the loons.

They just never learn though do they, if it wasn't Neville it would be Southgate if he hadn't ruled himself out. I think the term we are looking for is 'yes men'. They just love failures as long as they doff the cap to the old tie brigade and say the right things.

If they want an English manager with bags of experience of fighting relegation battles and getting the best out of average players then Alladyce is the man, no doubt about that.

But if they want the best man for the job they need to laugh that dinosaur out of the interview and appoint Guss Hiddink.

Can you imagine the likes of Sterling, Ali, Dier, Wilshire and Llanna training week in week out with top notch coaches and managers to have all the good work left at the door when coming to England,

"Get it into the box"

Hoof!

Guus Hiddink? Didnt he failed with Holland before he got the Chelsea job.

I dont think Sam Allardyce will play long ball as Plan A.

I think he will play different system like playing 3-5-2.

I think Plan A will be 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 formation under Sam Allardyce

Hodgson was great in his first season here i thought, some great football, some very good players, but once he'd lost the dressing room he lost the plot and was eventually sacked as we all know.

Jack famously went into the dressing room and b0llocked the players once he'd sacked him, he laid the blame firmly at the doorstep of the players.

The good old days :tu:

It's a pity Jack didn't bollock Hodgson and say"I'm not paying X million quid for that pile of @#/?"!

If they want an English manager with bags of experience of fighting relegation battles and getting the best out of average players then Alladyce is the man, no doubt about that.

But if they want the best man for the job they need to laugh that dinosaur out of the interview and appoint Guss Hiddink.

Can you imagine the likes of Sterling, Ali, Dier, Wilshire and Llanna training week in week out with top notch coaches and managers to have all the good work left at the door when coming to England,

"Get it into the box"

Hoof!

Tad unfair that Gav, Allardyce has made lemonade out lemons his whole career... Give him chance to see what he does with "better players". This is the chance to prove his worth working with that type of player, if he plays the same football then it answers all questions of him.

"Get it into the box"

Hoof!

We are rubbish and we need to try something different. Hoof the dam thing, who cares about Sterling, Ali and so on egos. Get some big lads in there and hoof it.

"Get it into the box"

Hoof!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/30/jose-mourinho-19th-century-football-west-ham-allardyce

Do we need to keep going over this recycled Mourinho opinion?

The best man for the job Guus Hiddink... Based on what? Roy Hodgson was apparently the "best man for the job" based on his background in international football..

We lack quality at international level because of a number of problems in our league systems. It is my opinion, a manager of the Big Sam ilk will get more out of them than those who don't have that respect. Hodgson, Sven, McLaren - did you see them getting that level of effort? Nah.

Don't let personal feelings towards something blind you from obvious facts. Big Sam gets more out of his teams, this is fact. Whether you like his face, his over the top big headed interviews or his often robust, designed to win at all cost style - it's impossible to ignore that he's been a success as a manager.

Will he make it as Eng manager? Difficult question to answer but this "hoof" thing is just a banal way of righting someone off.

Tad unfair that Gav, Allardyce has made lemonade out lemons his whole career... Give him chance to see what he does with "better players". This is the chance to prove his worth working with that type of player, if he plays the same football then it answers all questions of him.

I agree, but if we win games and a World Cup, we could play 8 at the back for all I care.

Football is about winning!

Now he will get the chance to work with a load of puddings

Its not unfair at all, but I agree with the lemonade v lemons analogy, he's very good at getting more out of average players, but when he's managed better players he's fallen flat on his arse time and time again.

But it doesn't matter what I think, or what I witnessed week in week out whilst he was here, its down to the FA, if they want that crock Andy Carroll running the front line and the ball being punted into the box at every opportunity then great, get the deal done.

You made a good shout a few weeks back Neal, Eddie Howe, attacking football, young and innovative, head and shoulders a better candidate than Allardyce.

Do we need to keep going over this recycled Mourinho opinion?

No, you don't have to post on this thread if you don't want to jbizzle, its not compulsory.

Gav, Eddie Howe is far too young to become an international manager in my opinion.

If you're good enough you're old enough, Klinsmann springs to mind.

I agree we need something different, Eddie Howe would give us that, but the FA don't have, and have never had the balls to do it.

Gav, Eddie Howe is far too young to become an international manager in my opinion.

I think Howe is roughly the same age as Hoddle was when he got the England gig and actually has more managerial experience than Hoddle had at that time too. Hoddle was one of our better managers, and only lost the job because of his bat sh1t crazy opinions on non footballing matters.

Employing the older brigade has hardly worked out well has it chaddy?

"Get it into the box"

Hoof!

Sam is literally the opposite of a footballing dinosaur.

Have the balls to do it?

We are going to an experience manager with excellent man management and tactical skills. What the issue Gav?

The balls to break tradition chaddy.

Allardyce offers nothing different to Hodgson or MacClaren, in fact his CV and record is worse than both of them, its a recipe that just doesn't work.

Thats the issue.

Sam has a poor reputation because he is English, was an old fashioned centre half who played for 'unfashionable' clubs and has predominantly managed at 'unfashionable' clubs. He's a symptom of the Sky Sports disease that is killing English football and English coaches. We're now in 2016 and only 3 Englishmen manage in our top division and a large portion of fans and media want a Frenchman or German to manage England rather than an Englishman.

Sky are to blame. Their relentless coverage and glorifying of the foreign route makes it impossible for an Englishman to rise above perception and be given a chance managing one of the top clubs. Rather than following in the Sky League's footsteps the FA should be leading from the front, setting an example and trying to boost the number of English managers in top jobs. Not just handing the keys to Wembley over to a Frenchman. Embarrassing.

Its also another myth that Allardyce's limit is taking over struggling teams and keeping them up. In 14 seasons in the Premier League his average finish has been 10th and his average points total 49. Nobody else can stand up to that.

Archived