BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] England's Next Manager?

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking like a possible Big Sam for England and the Dingle Croaker to Sunderland, lovely if that happens:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/next-england-manager-fa-to-interview-jurgen-klinsmann-but-sam-allardyce-is-england-job-front-runner-a7135201.html

If Big Sam doesn't get it I would be ok with Klinsmann.

Dingle croaker, that is absolutely brilliant!

I've never used an emoji in my life but I feel that laughing crying one would fit superbly right now.

only on here can allardyce be mentioned in the breath as cloughie

Compared with the @#/? managers we've had to suffer since he went, he's a bit of a messiah. I'd had enough at the time, but he was a bit like that girlfriend everyone has had at some point, maybe not the prettiest but got the job done with little fuss. :lol:

https://youtu.be/qD16GiR4W3M

Allardyce and Clough 😂 Ones never won a bean the others one of the most successful managers in English football history with pots to prove it, who compared them?

Allardyce offers nothing more than Hodgson or MacClaren in my opinion, they're cut from the same cloth, we need a different approach and new ideas, someone the players can relate to.

That man is Eddie Howe.

Allardyce and Clough Ones never won a bean the others one of the most successful managers in English football history with pots to prove it, who compared them?

Allardyce offers nothing more than Hodgson or MacClaren in my opinion, they're cut from the same cloth, we need a different approach and new ideas, someone the players can relate to.

That man is Eddie Howe.

Needs one more job after Bournemouth - his next move is a big one for him. If it's a good solid prem side and he manages to do well with them then I imagine he'll be a front runner. Should be just enough time for Allardyce to win the World Cup and the Euros by then :- )

Guus Hiddink? The man who failed to get Holland to the Euro's.

Ranieri, failed with Greece before Leicester.

Hughes is a great shout there Abbey. Credit for that. Nobody has mention him even tho he got international experience as a manager.

But I still feel that Allardyce will suit international football and he will play attacking football but in a control manner. Very good with Tactical and man management skills. Those are crucial in my opinion for international football

Hughes is a good shout but I think the circumstances will be better for Big Sam.

We can all have opinions on who we "like" as a manager, but I think that Big Sam has enough achievements to warrant a shot. I also think he'd suprise many.

I think we should go British though, and I'm not against a younger lad getting it providing he's got the international playing experience like Neville or Shearer.

Allardyce and Clough Ones never won a bean the others one of the most successful managers in English football history with pots to prove it, who compared them?

That man is Eddie Howe.

What has Eddie Howe won?

Howe won The Championship title (tier 2)

Big Sam won The League of Ireland First Division (tier 2) and what is now League 2 (tier 4)

Howe wins

Sulky. It's not my fault Allardyce is at last being recognised for his excellence. ;) Bet they are happy bunnies on Roverstalk. Not.

Howe won The Championship title (tier 2)

Big Sam won The League of Ireland First Division (tier 2) and what is now League 2 (tier 4)

Howe wins

Hmm, how many teams has Big Sam overachieved with for how long...

Howe has potential to be great but let's see how he does over 20 years of top flight.

Its absolutely astounding that posters see Premiership survival as some sort of badge of honor, a great achievement, when its not at all, its dumbing down of fans expectations on a grand scale, we deserve better.

Ranieri has now bucked that trend, won the league with a very unfashionable club on a relatively shoe string budget, Allardyce and his ilk never set out to achieve that, they look to survive, to just do enough, and fans and chairman lap it up!

Don't get me wrong here, what Allardyce did at Sunderland last season was tremendous, all credit to him for that, but give me a manager that wants to win things rather than someone who just wants to survive and the height of his ambition is to finish mid table.

But as always it make no difference what I want, the FA will decide, and it does seem they're opting for the tried and tested method of appointing someone that got experience over someone thats progressive, innovative or successful.

Its absolutely astounding that posters see Premiership survival as some sort of badge of honor, a great achievement, when its not at all, its dumbing down of fans expectations on a grand scale, we deserve better.

Ranieri has now bucked that trend, won the league with a very unfashionable club on a relatively shoe string budget, Allardyce and his ilk never set out to achieve that, they look to survive, to just do enough, and fans and chairman lap it up!

Don't get me wrong here, what Allardyce did at Sunderland last season was tremendous, all credit to him for that, but give me a manager that wants to win things rather than someone who just wants to survive and the height of his ambition is to finish mid table.

But as always it make no difference what I want, the FA will decide, and it does seem they're opting for the tried and tested method of appointing someone that got experience over someone thats progressive, innovative or successful.

Seasons Allardyce has completed (not necesarily started) in the Prem;

16th

17th

8th

6th

8th

7th

15th (Kept Rovers Up)

10th

10th

13th

12th

17th (Huge achievement keeping Sunderland Up)

That's not just surviving, Gav so I think it's unfair to taint him with that, whether it suits your argument or not. Let's be reminded here that the three main clubs in that list are Bolton Wanderers, Blackburn Rovers and West Ham United (in the Champ when he took over).

Ranieri was one in a million - a remarkable achievement the like of we'll probably never see again. If you're going to point to him as something to aspire to then pretty much everyone that has ever managed in the Prem has completely failed...

Whether you like it or not, Allardyce has been one of the most consistent performers of anyone in the last 15 - 20 years. Not just surviving, but building a solid foundation wherever he has been.

Gav, when I first wrote"Big Sam for England" you thought that I'd posted to wind up the message board! That's how far away you are from recognising his genuine talents.

I really hope he gets it, he deserves the chance. I think you will eat your words.

Archived