BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] England's Next Manager?

Poster seem to be mixing up managing England and managing Blackburn Rovers.

That's not what this threads about, it's about Allardyces suitability to manage the national side and I can see no reason why he gets the job other than everyone else is untested or worse than that loser.

I'm stunned that Mike says he's suited to tournament football, that's got to be a windup surely? 25yrs+ and never won 1 tournment?

Bunkum!

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poster seem to be mixing up managing England and managing Blackburn Rovers.

That's not what this threads about, it's about Allardyces suitability to manage the national side and I can see no reason why he gets the job other than everyone else is untested or worse than that loser.

I'm stunned that Mike says he's suited to tournament football, that's got to be a windup surely? 25yrs+ and never won 1 tournment?

Bunkum!

Given that the thread is about the next England manager who is an Ex Blackburn Rovers manager, the postings are probably pretty apt. Comparing the last one to the new one too, is appropriate and by pure quirk of fate, he is our ex manager too. I full agree with your comment suggesting you are stunnedwith the statement about tournament football. The 25 years in football and never won a thing, says it all.

Granted this was Swedish football not the premier league, but this success is considered to be on a par with Leicster winning the premier league last season. Not bad for someone considered to be clueless!.

Hodgson started his managerial career in 1976 at Allsvenskan side Halmstads BK, having been recommended by then-Malmö FF manager Bob Houghton. Hodgson spent five years at Halmstad, winning the league championship in 1976 and 1979. His success with Halmstad in 1976 is considered one of the biggest surprises of all time in Swedish football

Big Sams rovers beat Burnley, (home and AWAY!)...

Should be knighted, never mind England manager just for that.

Edit - just remembered the lasso dance vs Pool in last seconds Emerton... Iconic.

Chemistry could come into play, with Robson there was a bit of this "we're all in this together" mentality and being like one of the boys.

It's not all about stats when one is managing teams like Blackburn, Sunderland and Bolton. And just like with Clough at Leeds, one can almost check off the Newcastle experience. It happened, it was never a good fit.

So, I think this can work, whatever is the right fit at the time, foreign or domestic.

No I am no doing that at al, no need to have a pop a anyonel. If you think Allardyce is as good a manager as Hodgson, that is up to you. I know what I saw a Ewood with my own eyes and Hodgsons record speaks for itself.

https://tomkinstimes.com/2010/11/roys-hodgsons-managerial-record/

If you read through the reports available from that era and talk to the fans who are old enough to know, you will find that most fans thought a lot of Hodgson and certainly admired. his style of play. I am supposed to have had pop at someone for calling him clueless, believe me he isn't.

Hodgson moved Wilcox and Ripley up the field. Kenny had played them defensively, apart from swift break-outs, at which they were devastating, they didn't move beyond the halfway line.

Worked well for the first half of the season and we scored loads of goals but other teams worked us out, exploited the space behind them and sent us spiralling down the table.

Hodgson didn't respond, couldn't set the team up defensively, wasted millions on poor transfers and, in the end, had us heading for relegation hence the "Hodgson for England" chants from our fans.

Nice bloke but couldn't cut it at the top level.

No England boss has ever previously been appointed with such an unimpressive CV – 22 years in management, no major trophies, no Champions League involvement and precious little joy or affection....quote

Its exactly what Gav has said .What has done to warrant such a high profile job.

Look at the jobs he did at Bolton and rebuilding West Ham and getting them back at the 1st attempt and then finish 10th(I think) in their 1st season back in the PL.

Also look how poor that the teams have gone like Bolton, Blackburn and Newcastle after he left

Look at what most players have said about him and rated him highly.

SAF and Mourinho have endorsed this appointment.

The Mirror article by Dave KIdd is just typical tabloid rag article and nothing more.

Look at the jobs he did at Bolton and rebuilding West Ham and getting them back at the 1st attempt and then finish 10th(I think) in their 1st season back in the PL.

Also look how poor that the teams have gone like Bolton, Blackburn and Newcastle after he left

The Mirror article by Dave KIdd is just typical tabloid rag article and nothing more.

Allardyce would have won major trophys and managed in the Champions League if any of the top 5/6 PL clubs had the bottle to have appoint him.

would have happened with or without him under the slumdogs.

would have happened with or without him under the slumdogs.

No chance. If we'd kept him and John Williams we'd have been still premier league, I'd stake my house on that.

No chance. If we'd kept him and John Williams we'd have been still premier league, I'd stake my house on that.

I agree.

If we had got owners who would have invested in the team and just let Sam Allardyce manage the club and back him money wise we would have still be top 10 PL club

Archived