BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] England's Next Manager?

EXCLUSIVE: Sam Allardyce to be named new England manager in the next 24 hours https://t.co/eOXCA1RPLVhttps://t.co/A8OBBxwSP2

He would be an excellent appointment as England manager

The best English option was Eddie Howe in my opinion, but with the FA having decided to go down 'the tried and tested route' :blink: in a straight fight between 2 of the fattest heads in English football it would have to be Allardyce for me also.

We call for younger players to be given an chance, Roy did just that, we should expect younger managers with new ideas to be afforded the same, but no chance with the FA so set in its ways.

We need new ideas, new approaches from the grass routes up, and yet we appoint Allardyce, a manager thats been managing for 25yrs, he'll be full of new ideas........ and he's never won a bean either.

Maybe time to switch off the national side again until he's gone.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Allardyce's attitude is what we hope will rub off on the players. Never-say-die!

Allardyce has successfully managed the egos of Champions League and World Cup finalists and winners. Most players he manages regard him as their best or favourite to work for.

Included in that are Okocha, Djorkaeff, and our very own David Dunn! 'Hoofball', my arse!

Big Sam has experience in winning games, tactical awareness, good man management skills, will drop the big players if not performing.

Howe was too young for it. They were rumours that he even thought he was too young for it.

International football is for older manager. Look at the age of coaches who has won world cups and Euros have been in their 50's or 60's. Experience every time

• Backroom

Looking forward to seeing what Allardyce can do with England. After the disaster that was Hodgson we can only get better. At least Harry @#/? Kane won't be taking all of our set pieces going forward.

Big Sam has experience in winning games, tactical awareness, good man management skills, will drop the big players if not performing.

Howe was too young for it. They were rumours that he even thought he was too young for it.

International football is for older manager. Look at the age of coaches who has won world cups and Euros have been in their 50's or 60's. Experience every time

would like to see Howe as his number two with an eye on the future

Aaron Cresswell on Big Sam:-

I’ve a lot to credit him for,” Cresswell says. “He brought me to the club and I can’t speak any more highly of the year I worked under him. He was fantastic with me personally and, if you ask any of the other boys, they’ll say the same thing. His man-management skills were very good, top drawer, so I think, if he does get the job, he’ll do very well. It’s a good fit for England and we’ll see if he gets it. He had a fantastic coaching staff with him; you’d work on your weaknesses every day, trying to progress and improve as a player, and that’s what I think I did.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/18/aaron-cresswell-sam-allardyce-england-manager

Joachim Löw was 46 when he was made Germany Manager, and wasn't a vastly experienced manage prior to that.

Howe, with an experienced assistant manger would be the one to take England forward.

If the FA are going the Sam route, Howe should be brought into the set up in some form, even part time so he can continue with League management.

Edit: Had e nuff, beat me to it.

Hoof of it to Andy

Kick it long to Andy

Hoof it andy

He was incapable of winning away from home whilst he was here, tactically out thought, the team out played, it was pathetic for his entire time here.

I doubt the English media or fans will accept surrendering each and ever time we play away from home.

I feel a bit for Sunderland and once again the dithering FA are found wanting. It is now a few weeks since Hodgson resigned and an appointment could have been made within 48 hours as Allardyce has never made any secret of his desire to manage England. Now just over three weeks from the start of the season Sunderland will have to search for a new manager which could take some time. The FA will no doubt compensate Sunderland but a bad start could cost them dearly.

Good luck to Sam though.

Joachim Löw was 46 when he was made Germany Manager, and wasn't a vastly experienced manage prior to that.

Howe, with an experienced assistant manger would be the one to take England forward.

If the FA are going the Sam route, Howe should be brought into the set up in some form, even part time so he can continue with League management.

Edit: Had e nuff, beat me to it.

but won a tournament at 54 years old.

Howe should be part of the set up

but won a tournament at 54 years old.

Howe should be part of the set up

But he was 46 (actually 44 as assistant manager) when he was appointed and hadn't done much as a league manager. So there is an example of appointing a YOUNG manager.

Which makes my case for Howe, who is 39yrs and definitely has potential.

But he was 46 (actually 44 as assistant manager) when he was appointed and hadn't done much as a league manager. So there is an example of appointing a YOUNG manager.

Which makes my case for Howe, who is 39yrs and definitely has potential.

And you really think the English media and fans would put up with a manager for 8 years and not winning anything. Not a chance.

Howe should be involved in the set up but not as manager. Far too Young. Look at McClaren and his failure

• Backroom

And you really think the English media and fans would put up with a manager for 8 years and not winning anything. Not a chance.

Howe should be involved in the set up but not as manager. Far too Young. Look at McClaren and his failure

Hence, get a manager in there PT as Sam's understudy :)

For success, look at what Hughes (and later Speed after Toshack took them backwards) started with Wales.

Well, its been a lot longer than 8 years since we won owt, but there Chaddy you have identified the problem.

Thats precisely what we should be doing. Putting in a young manager and giving him the time to develop a system and an attitude that will have us winning tournaments for decades to come. Just like Germany.

Think it's a decent appointment tbh.

Problem is he won't be given a chance as he's unfashionable.

But the work he has done with Sunderland, Blackburn and Bolton, and to a certain extend West Ham, show he is the best English manager at the moment. He's managed many big names. and got lesser teams punching above their weight. England are a lesser team with lots of big names, so it should be a good fit. I think there are better managers out there but English ones? If that's the criteria he's clearly the best manager for the job.

I worry the press will hound him out and make it an impossible job from the start for him.

Archived