BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] England's Next Manager?

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We disagree Baz, nowt wrong with that surely.

Fair enough, except Im right and you're wrong. Wink & stick out tongue.

(Wish i knew how to do emojis on the ipad)

• Backroom

Allardyce is the type of manager who comes in and gets results quickly. Love him or hate him, his career shows he can get the job done in a limited time frame. Sounds perfect for a job where you sometimes only get a month or two at most with a group of players who mostly play at different clubs in totally different systems. He'll give them direction and clear instructions on how to play, which is vital at international level. If he's appointed I think he'll do a good job, and at this point I could not care less whether the football is attractive or not. I'm just tired of England being perennial losers at tournaments.

No its my opinion.

As I said before that an International manager should be late 50's or 60's in my opinion. end of his career

Sounds very ageist and also very limiting of you chaddy.

Sounds very ageist and also very limiting of you chaddy.

Not at all.

Look at the age of the coaches/managers of teams that have won the Euro's and World Cup recently they have been in the mid 50's and over.

Portugal coach Santos is 61

Germany coach Low is 56

Spain Coach Del Bosque is 66

All very experience managers.

Not at all.

Look at the age of the coaches/managers of teams that have won the Euro's and World Cup recently they have been in the mid 50's and over.

Portugal coach Santos is 61

Germany coach Low is 56

Spain Coach Del Bosque is 66

All very experience managers.

Low was appointed Assistant Manger to Germany in 2004 when he was aged 44 and became Manger in 2006 aged just 46 ............. perhaps if you are good enough then you're old enough also applies to Managers.

Go on Big Sam. Think Wenger is perfect for the role, but perhaps a tad French. More than happy with Sam having a go.

Can't get much worse really than the last fool earning millions for little return. Amazingly taking us backwards! Quite an achievement with a young squad.

They would be asking Eddie Howe on earth he got the job after achieving the square root of diddly squat.

Anyone wondering how Sterling and Llanana and Wiltshere etc might cope with fags and laughing gas banned, needn't fret or lose too much sleep. They won't make the squad till they grow up and don't mind getting their knees dirty.

Allardyce will be a breath of fresh air ridding us of Hodgsons stupidity and cowardice. Hodgson would have Samba taking corners. Gormless doesn't cut it.

How will Sam cope with aiming for the dashed line at the top rather than aiming to be above the dashed line at the bottom? The man makes Souness' pre-season Rovers targets seem adventurous.....even after finishing 6th

The FA have run out of ideas but who can blame them when the english managerial talent pool is so so poor even a serial defeatists and away day surrender monkey is considered the best option?

But he's the best option of a bad bad bad lot which reflects appaulingly badly on the inventors of the game.

Low was appointed Assistant Manger to Germany in 2004 when he was aged 44 and became Manger in 2006 aged just 46 ............. perhaps if you are good enough then you're old enough also applies to Managers.

But won the world cup aged 54

My points still stand

How will Sam cope with aiming for the dashed line at the top rather than aiming to be above the dashed line at the bottom? The man makes Souness' pre-season Rovers targets seem adventurous.....even after finishing 6th

The FA have run out of ideas but who can blame them when the english managerial talent pool is so so poor even a serial defeatists and away day surrender monkey is considered the best option?

But he's the best option of a bad bad bad lot which reflects appaulingly badly on the inventors of the game.

Nice to be talking about Allardyce again with you. England manager? Well, well, well, bet that is cheering you up :)

Irrespective of the supposed dearth of English managers, there remains a world-wide audience to choose from. Even though you dislike Big Sam so much, an over-rated foreigner totally taking the pee like Erikson, a new McLaren like Eddie Howe, or a timid cowardly manager like Hodgson would not cheer you up either.

I rate Hoddle, but he cooked his goose. Recognising we have younger players, need to keep the ball at the very highest level, ideally need a manager with experience at home and abroad, proven winner playing decent football then based on those factors my choice would be Wenger. If unavailable and recruiting from the UK then Allardyce remains a a very good option, although his detractors point out he didn't win the Premier League at either Rovers, Bolton, Newcastle or a really, really big club like West Ham. Three of those clubs astounding success in lower divisions since he left them must prove their point.

Used to love watching England but 40 years of underperformance has taught me my lesson. All those immediately bleeting about hoofball with regards to Big Sam can presumably clarify and explain how it has been so much better under all our other managers.

Sorry Baz but yes he did, but he didn't really have much option though, as the side was already more or less assembled.

50000 Newcastle fans know he plays hoofball

30000 West Ham fans know he plays hoofball

20000 Blackburn fans know he plays hoofball

20000 Bolton Fans know he plays hoofball

The odds are he plays hoofball, no conspiracy theories that its somehow sky TV's fault, all these fans witnessed it first hand.

Lets hope he another string to his bow for England.

What is "hoofball" anyway? Rovers under Dalglish got it up to Shearer as quickly as possible. The first pass Le Saux looked for was a 40 yard boot up to the strikers. Hendry couldn't do anything else. David May too. Henning Berg played for Norway. Anything under a 50 yard pass for them was sacrilege.

Allardyce does well with what he has. English players are technically inferior to a lot of the world's teams. Why play an expansive, pass happy, technical game? Play to English strengths. Up to the front man, then start playing.

Can't see us qualifying

Come off it. In this group;

Group F:

England

Lithuania

Malta

Scotland

Slovakia

Slovenia

Big Sam is the best English Manager going.

He gets players playing for him.

He knows when to take things back to basics.

He knows how to set teams up tactically (something Hodgson had no clue about).

This will be a different test than what he's used to. He'll have alot of good players at his disposal and I'm sure he's going to surprise a lot of people and be very successful.

Allardyce has been successful in every role he's been at. The only slight blot on his copybook (that any of his detractors can ever speak about, anyway) was Newcastle, when he was given about 5 months in charge. He was sacked because Ashley wanted to cause a stir by bringing Kevin 'Quit every Job' Keegan in, and promptly, 15 months later they went down. No surprise there.

He's consistently managed in the top division for 15 years, taking West Ham up at a first attempt and then solidifying them in the top half of the Prem. He walked on water at Bolton and did a damn good job here... We were in a complete mess under Ince and once again he saved us, took us 10th and was promptly sacked through complete idiocy and complete corruption of our football club. Remarkable how people can dislike a man so much after he did a very decent job here.

Spent about £11.3m here in 2 years at the club and had us comfortably in the prem. In fact, in his time here we made a profit of about £21m through transfers.

He's just done a fantastic job at Sunderland - his January business was absolutely remarkable and IF he stays at Sunderland I would expect them to be very comfortable next season.

This England role is a new challenge for him, but I'd have every faith in him to get that group playing far, far better than we have seen. Players love playing for him, he's tactically extremely astute and he builds a hell of a mentality within his squads.

Good luck to him I say. I do find it amusing that even 5 years on people refuse to accept that they were wrong - if it hadn't been such a ludicrously stupid situation it might have been amusing to read through the comments by a few regular posters on the night he was sacked..... same culprits are being very vocal on this thread now.

Who was it who said, "You can learn a lot from your mistakes, when you aren't busy denying them"?

Allardyce has been successful in every role he's been at. The only slight blot on his copybook (that any of his detractors can ever speak about, anyway) was Newcastle, when he was given about 5 months in charge. He was sacked because Ashley wanted to cause a stir by bringing Kevin 'Quit every Job' Keegan in, and promptly, 15 months later they went down. No surprise there.

He's consistently managed in the top division for 15 years, taking West Ham up at a first attempt and then solidifying them in the top half of the Prem. He walked on water at Bolton and did a damn good job here... We were in a complete mess under Ince and once again he saved us, took us 10th and was promptly sacked through complete idiocy and complete corruption of our football club. Remarkable how people can dislike a man so much after he did a very decent job here.

Spent about £11.3m here in 2 years at the club and had us comfortably in the prem. In fact, in his time here we made a profit of about £21m through transfers.

He's just done a fantastic job at Sunderland - his January business was absolutely remarkable and IF he stays at Sunderland I would expect them to be very comfortable next season.

This England role is a new challenge for him, but I'd have every faith in him to get that group playing far, far better than we have seen. Players love playing for him, he's tactically extremely astute and he builds a hell of a mentality within his squads.

Good luck to him I say. I do find it amusing that even 5 years on people refuse to accept that they were wrong - if it hadn't been such a ludicrously stupid situation it might have been amusing to read through the comments by a few regular posters on the night he was sacked..... same culprits are being very vocal on this thread now.

Who was it who said, "You can learn a lot from your mistakes, when you aren't busy denying them"?

Of course and well said. He didn't fail at the bar codes, they were 13th when he left.

Lambert is correctly protected by virtue of '20 weeks in charge'. How long is 5 months when it relates to Allardyce?

£21m profit. Wasn't £17.5m of that thanks to Santa Cruz who wasn't a Sam signing? Stats eh?!!!!

Doesn't Sam hold the Rovers premierleague biggest rear end rodding record? God help us going to Malta with 10 behind the ball

Haven't read any of these posts at all. So no idea what the general consensus is. But I'd love Big Sam. Don't care about the style over substance. Let's just have a side who know their respective jobs and do what we're good at. We've got some good players. Let's just start doing what we're good at.

Looking like a possible Big Sam for England and the Dingle Croaker to Sunderland, lovely if that happens:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/next-england-manager-fa-to-interview-jurgen-klinsmann-but-sam-allardyce-is-england-job-front-runner-a7135201.html

If Big Sam doesn't get it I would be ok with Klinsmann.

Archived