BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

50 minutes ago, Stuart said:

You clearly haven't been viewing for some years to come to that conclusion.

Sadly, this site is becoming overrun by the likes of you and those who 'liked' your obnoxious post. Goodbye.

You would know all about 'obnoxious', yes goodbye.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 4000Holes said:

Sorry guys but could we please get back to the purpose of this thread and discuss transfers instead of slagging each other off.  At the end of the day we are all on the same side, we may have views but we are all supporters of Blackburn Rovers.  Some of the recent posts are so depressing.

There, had my say.

Then let's stop antagonising posters to the point where they react and end warned, and then banned! Respect an opposing view and cut out the 'bunkum' crap.

4 hours ago, Dacky said:

I've been viewing for some years, and you are a unpleasant individual. That others have been banned ahead of yourself, accused of the usual 'trolling' default excuse from certain mods, is just wrong. You must be in with old nick or something.

He's the single worst poster on this board in my opinion.

11 minutes ago, meadows said:

Where else could you get one bloke agreeing with another about going on the matches likened to "a Nazi collaborator"? 

Incredible, it really is. 

Typical of certain people of the site and dislike of people who wanted to attend games. 

Its no wonder the fan base will not unite behind any thing

15 minutes ago, meadows said:

Where else could you get one bloke agreeing with another about going on the matches likened to "a Nazi collaborator"? 

Incredible, it really is. 

Staggering comment isn't it.  You really do wonder about the grasp of reality at times.  In a summer that has seen tragedy after tragedy unfold in this country I think a sense of perspective wouldn't be amiss at this point.

24 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

I guess based on this topic - we either aren't buying anyone - or Mowbray is keeping his cards close to his chest.

Looking like Samuel will sign tomorrow and Whether Caddis will be offer a deal now. 

Still need a striker and pacey winger. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Typical of certain people of the site and dislike of people who wanted to attend games. 

Its no wonder the fan base will not unite behind any thing

Once again the cart goes before the horse.

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

Staggering comment isn't it.  You really do wonder about the grasp of reality at times.  In a summer that has seen tragedy after tragedy unfold in this country I think a sense of perspective wouldn't be amiss at this point.

Genuinely concerned for 2017's complete disregard for tact.

12 hours ago, Athlete said:

somehow many on here thought you would agree with PB  your like a nazi collaborator chaddy..just look at your Mowbray comment it wasn't that long ago you wanted Mowbray nowhere near Ewood..if you was in France at the end of the war you'd have your head shaved like a true collabartor....although I agree with you on Mowbray taking us somewhere..HE TOOK US DOWN

Nothing to do with the fact that Lambert left us with about 12 senior pros, without a single under contract striker at the Club, the owners sold the central defence pre or early season Duffy was rattling in goals for the opposition, or Coyle's inability to organise a defence then?

Mowbray isn't Dalglish but I'd say he has done moderately well since He's been at the Club and comes across as a knowledgeable football man with a great deal of integrity which will do for me for the time being after witnessing Lambert rock up for a few months to boost his bank balance and Coyle  somehow slither into the manager's seat from absolutely nowhere.

As for chaddy agreeing with Parsons post then that's probably because it was a bloody good one which I also fully agree with. PB wasn't particularly showing support for the owners, more reflecting the reality of the situation we're in.

23 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Once again the cart goes before the horse.

Thought you'd flounced off in a huff last night never to return? I was about to post last night that id put my mortgage on you being back before lunchtime today.

Which im pleased to see btw.

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Nothing to do with the fact that Lambert left us with about 12 senior pros, without a single under contract striker at the Club, the owners sold the central defence pre or early season Duffy was rattling in goals for the opposition, or Coyle's inability to organise a defence then?

Mowbray isn't Dalglish but I'd say he has done moderately well since He's been at the Club and comes across as a knowledgeable football man with a great deal of integrity which will do for me for the time being after witnessing Lambert rock up for a few months to boost his bank balance and Coyle  somehow slither into the manager's seat from absolutely nowhere.

As for chaddy agreeing with Parsons post then that's probably because it was a bloody good one which I also fully agree with. PB wasn't particularly showing support for the owners, more reflecting the reality of the situation we're in.

What about the Wolves game away, Norwich away., the defence minded way against villa etc.. Remember we went down with two goals.. Mowbray came in we were third bottom we ended up third bottom.. Anyone thinking that's a improvement on Lambert or Coyle for that matter is very easily pleased just remember we went down and before anyone gets over optimistic about the coming season look at Mowbrays recent league one record 

Just now, Athlete said:

What about the Wolves game away, Norwich away., the defence minded way against villa etc.. Remember we went down with two goals.. Mowbray came in we were third bottom we ended up third bottom.. Anyone thinking that's a improvement on Lambert or Coyle for that matter is very easily pleased 

My only criticism of him would be that he went much too negative in that seven game spell we had without a win.  However when we had to go out and win and were a bit more positive in the last two games we Did and looked a lot better for it.

So yes, if you look at it in bald terms he did fail in his mission to keep us up but his overall stats from a poor starting position weren't too bad. 

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

My only criticism of him would be that he went much too negative in that seven game spell we had without a win.  However when we had to go out and win and were a bit more positive in the last two games we Did and looked a lot better for it.

So yes, if you look at it in bald terms he did fail in his mission to keep us up but his overall stats from a poor starting position weren't too bad. 

22 points from 15 games considering how many Coyle had got in 31 games. 

Plus Mowbray had a game plan and better tactical whilst under Coyle we didnt have this. 

15 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Thought you'd flounced off in a huff last night never to return? I was about to post last night that id put my mortgage on you being back before lunchtime today.

Which im pleased to see btw.

Why did you think that? I merely put yet another high noise rating poster on ignore. In the absence of better software that is about the best I can do.

16 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

So you actually agree he failed 

This is probably last chance saloon for Mowbray he has to get promoted at the first attempt its quite awhile since he has been successful anywhere.. Even the eternal optimistic chaddyrovers didn't want him anywhere near Ewood ha ha 

We went down Rev by two goals.. 

If some urgency at Wolves for one would have been shown we'd of stayed up btbh it wasn't just turning a draw into a win 

tactics towards the end Apart from Brentford were shocking we needed goals the tactics against a villa who may as well have been on Marbella Beach were particularly poor 

3 minutes ago, Athlete said:

We went down Rev by two goals.. 

If some urgency at Wolves for one would have been shown we'd of stayed up btbh it wasn't just turning a draw into a win 

tactics towards the end Apart from Brentford were shocking we needed goals the tactics against a villa who may as well have been on Marbella Beach were particularly poor 

Yes as I say we were far too negative at times. When we had to win in the last game we looked impressive. I didn't think we were bad against Villa either.

Different ball game entirely this season. We're the so called big cheeses who the bookies expect to romp to promotion so an entirely different mindset is required. We have to go out and win games from the off as opposed to trying to stay in them for an hour then maybe Nick a goal etc

23 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Why did you think that? I merely put yet another high noise rating poster on ignore. In the absence of better software that is about the best I can do.

You said "goodbye" so I thought that meant you were off!

I am quietly optimistic, so far, about the new season.

Think TM has made some decent signings for this level.

My big concern is the owners.  I would be very surprised if our our 'big three' (Mulgrew, Lenihan and Graham) are still with Rovers come 1 Sept..  Hope TM hasn't been led up the garden path!

Archived