BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

14 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

...for the few games they'll be fit enough to play together. We'll need Lenihan for the other 40.

But if they get £3m for Lenihan and re-invest in 3 or 4 talented young League 1'ers who can become good Championship players then it might be worth doing. One of them would have to be a new Lenihan though;)

Agreed, but what is this 're-invest' thing? It isn't part of the Venky Lexicon.

giphy.gif (No change here since last week)

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
9 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Don't be sorry. Bennett played well in a couple of games at the end of the season. Our midfield was awful all season. Lowe was the best of a very bad lot. It isn't an accolade.

I'll take that haha

44 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

...for the few games they'll be fit enough to play together. We'll need Lenihan for the other 40.

But if they get £3m for Lenihan and re-invest in 3 or 4 talented young League 1'ers who can become good Championship players then it might be worth doing. One of them would have to be a new Lenihan though;)

Ha! The annual refrain even though it never happens. Some people never learn and call it optimism.

10 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

....and you called my comment stupid. :rolleyes:

One could make a case for Bennett or Guthrie, but not a particularly convincing one. Unless you'd like to try, rather than just listing players? If not I stand by my original assessment with the caveat that the bar was very low...or Lowe.

Lowe was shocking all season, cowardly in fact, I can't remember one game where he played well. Bennett had at least a decent game every time he played for us, Guthrie was a huge cut above every central midfielder we had, I would much rather have Akpan in my midfield than Lowe (Akpan actually wants the ball), Conway scored some important goals and Feeney is effective at certain things (Lowe is effective at no things). Lowe is the worst starter I have ever seen play for Rovers, and I really mean that. One of the things I'm most looking forward to this season is not having to watch the buck passing coward any longer.

3 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Lowe was shocking all season, cowardly in fact, I can't remember one game where he played well. Bennett had at least a decent game every time he played for us, Guthrie was a huge cut above every central midfielder we had, I would much rather have Akpan in my midfield than Lowe (Akpan actually wants the ball), Conway scored some important goals and Feeney is effective at certain things (Lowe is effective at no things). Lowe is the worst starter I have ever seen play for Rovers, and I really mean that. One of the things I'm most looking forward to this season is not having to watch the buck passing coward any longer.

Beat me to it. Couldn't agree more

1 minute ago, had.e.nuff said:

Just as long as they came through the academy like a long list of other targets .

Easier to target one of our own I guess, though I think Steele will get his fair share if he plays. Hopefully he won't (play)...

39 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Lowe last season was arguably the worst player I have seen in a Rovers shirt for a long time. Various games he would literally just hoof the ball and it would go out of play, even though there was options to pass the ball on the floor. His passing is atrocious. People must have been watching different games than what I was.

Fans say that some fans are always looking for a scapegoat down at Ewood, true to some extent there does always seem to be a player who gets the majority of the fans frustration aimed towards them. However I think it's a case of someone watching Lowe, who looked like he wasn't even a footballer at times, and thinking, damn we are paying this fella £15k per week for this garbage.

10 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

just a quick thought who are people going to vent their spleen on now that Lowe has gone.

The first midfielder to play it sideways or backwards .......:o

13 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

just a quick thought who are people going to vent their spleen on now that Lowe has gone.

There does seem to be a Lowe obsession with some on here particularly from fans who just didn't like him as a player. He has gone now and hopefully gets himself fixed up soon with a decent club.

4 minutes ago, AAK said:

Lowe last season was arguably the worst player I have seen in a Rovers shirt for a long time. Various games he would literally just hoof the ball and it would go out of play, even though there was options to pass the ball on the floor. His passing is atrocious. People must have been watching different games than what I was.

Fans say that some fans are always looking for a scapegoat down at Ewood, true to some extent there does always seem to be a player who gets the majority of the fans frustration aimed towards them. However I think it's a case of someone watching Lowe, who looked like he wasn't even a footballer at times, and thinking, damn we are paying this fella £15k per week for this garbage.

I think in a relegation scrap, you have to also take into account the mental side of things. Nervousness comes into play, and good players can become mediocre ones almost over night. I'm no fan of Lowe, but it's difficult to place a good pass if there isn't good movement/runs infront of the ball to begin with.

• Backroom
19 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

Just as long as they came through the academy like a long list of other targets .

Richie Tinytodger may be a contender, he sounds effective but no frills, like Jason (although he wasn't very effective)

20 minutes ago, Tom said:

Richie Tinytodger may be a contender, he sounds effective but no frills, like Jason (although he wasn't very effective)

If he can receive the ball without taking unnecessary touches, pass it without it bobbling or going behind the man and actually track a runner or two from midfield then he will be an improvement.

54 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

Rubbish. People loathed Aaron Mokoena, Bruno Berner, Keith Andrews and bood MGP, neither from the academy.

if a player is pish then they'll get called out for it regardless of being home grown.

As for Nyambe he can't tackle, he can't cross, he can't position himself correctly and doesn't know in his own mind whether to go forward so ends up at halfway getting court out. He's young and quick but he lacks so many pre requisites to be a full back at the minute is why he gets critiqued and rightfully so.

3 minutes ago, Irishrover213 said:

Hanley had a "bad" groin strain in Austria last yr but hey presto offer accepted from Newcastle and he passes the medical with flying colours 

Didn't they stick an elasticated bandage on his knee when he was sat on the sidelines then next time he came out it was on his other knee or something ? :lol:

33 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Rubbish. People loathed Aaron Mokoena, Bruno Berner, Keith Andrews and bood MGP, neither from the academy.

if a player is pish then they'll get called out for it regardless of being home grown.

As for Nyambe he can't tackle, he can't cross, he can't position himself correctly and doesn't know in his own mind whether to go forward so ends up at halfway getting court out. He's young and quick but he lacks so many pre requisites to be a full back at the minute is why he gets critiqued and rightfully so.

All those things could have been aimed at Henley although he was super quick but made of glass whereas Nyambe is far more robust. Henley should have had a long loan out in the lower leagues to get him amongst the rough and tumble and keep his mind on the job.

Don't need to loan Nyambe there as here we are so time will tell, sink or swim same for Raya and probably Wharton. Interesting times ahead :o

11 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Didn't they stick an elasticated bandage on his knee when he was sat on the sidelines then next time he came out it was on his other knee or something ? :lol:

Ha ha yeah I remember that. I can picture Hanley demanding to go and coyle concocting a story about an injury by the end of the week he was a Newcastle player 

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Nyambe is inexperienced, and I wouldn't write him off yet. Next season should see whether he can make progress and eliminate some of the faults in his game. 

Foe me never a full back...but going forward if think he can help 

Archived