BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Just now, Biz said:

You'd play a slow CB as a full back? 

He's played RB before tbf. 

Lenny, Mulgrew, Ward, Wharton. Given Wharton is relatively untried and the appalling injury records of Ward and Mulgrew to date he maybe decent cover at CB too.

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

You'd take Steve Bruce before playing Nyambe!

I'd take an expericed player or a hole In the head before Nyambe, he's pish.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would take Given as back up to Raya all day. If we managed to sell Steele and got Given in, it would be some deal. 

I'd like Bruce as I don't see Evans staying. Haven't seen given in a few yrs but would be good back up for raya and would nature him as well

1 hour ago, Irishrover213 said:

I'd like Bruce as I don't see Evans staying. Haven't seen given in a few yrs but would be good back up for raya and would nature him as well

Bruce is a CB pal, Evans is a CM, have you got mixed up here pal?

• Backroom
2 hours ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Am i correct in thinking that we only have Ben Benson, our academy goalkeeping coach atm?

We also have Derek Derekson and Bobby Bobbyson

10 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Thread started so well then they saw him play http://www.wbaunofficial.org.uk/showthread.php?tid=7849&page=6

Just seen this quote on there a page or two back. Not sure this poster is completely accurate with this one....

He played in their last Prem season and has been a regular since. Real fans' favourite as he is local and gutsy

3 hours ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Am i correct in thinking that we only have Ben Benson, our academy goalkeeping coach atm?

Ben Benson is first team GK keeper. Was appointed permanent when Venus came in

3 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

I'd take Bruce and stick him at RB. Was linked to Bradford. 

Certainly Given and Brown and possibly Bruce live in Alderley Edge and Astley so not far from Mac.

Bruce isnt a right back? Why not just sign Caddis who on trial here???

3 hours ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

I think so and that would mean he could drop back down and let Given coach the senior keepers so it still makes financial sense. I wouldn't flog Steele then tie that money up in having Given as no2 only to be honest.

Anyway he'll probably play for nothing to be a starter in the lower or non leagues he's seems that kind of guy but a no 2 / coaching post might tempt him.

18 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Thread started so well then they saw him play http://www.wbaunofficial.org.uk/showthread.php?tid=7849&page=6

"Had a few pints with a Blackburn season ticket holder tonight. He really rates Lowe and is disappointed he is leaving. Said he would command a £7m fee in today's market and is a typical Pulis player."

Who the F was he having a pint with? ?

3 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

"Had a few pints with a Blackburn season ticket holder tonight. He really rates Lowe and is disappointed he is leaving. Said he would command a £7m fee in today's market and is a typical Pulis player."

A very clever Rovers fan?

6 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Jim MKII

Archived