SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Don't come round 'ere with yer glimmers of hope. You need to either start wallowing in the darkest recesses of human misery or be outed as a Venky-apologist.

Please accept my sincerest apologies. I Will climb back in my dark, depressing hole and begin watching The highlights of 94-95 on my vcr

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

In previous times those selling players have had a semblance of a plan and actually created teams capable of at least competing. People like Mark Hughes was able to keep his best players and add to them. Kenny did likewise, granted using owner money of a level not seen until Venkys rocked up, who of course decided not to spend any of theirs. Yes, he eventually lost his best player(s) but not until we were ready.

Conversely, this lot have sold everyone of value whilst producing less and less competitive teams, reducing quality to the point of failure for each division. This isn't directly due to the player sale but down to what Venkys allow to be done with the proceeds. And at each sign of a change of heart - Bowyer, Lambert, Mowbray - they sucker (the same) people into believing that sales are for 'the greater good' and then only sanctioning freebie cast offs and parent-club-funded loanees. Everything on the cheap.

With decent owners I'd expect Lenihan to be sold and funds used to improve the rest of the team - like should have happened when we sold Rhodes (our only antidote to relegation under this lot). Instead, is expect the money to go elsewhere (oddly our debt never seems to reduce) and a loan fee being sanctioned. Meanwhile we continue to struggle.

Wonder if an unprecedented League 2 'adventure' will wake anybody from their "part and parcel" slumber?

Stuart, what are you doing about it apart from strongly worded posts on a message board? Genuinely interested to know 

4 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

did you just sign up to insult Biz?

One of the pseudo crew. If you don't acknowledge it, you'll starve it of oxygen. Doesn't take Columbo to spot one.

1 hour ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Please accept my sincerest apologies. I Will climb back in my dark, depressing hole and begin watching The highlights of 94-95 on my vcr

One of the worst posts I have seen in many years. I look at your posts and feel sad.

23 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

One of the worst posts I have seen in many years. I look at your posts and feel sad.

Why be sad? Turn that frown upside down, and perhaps just perhaps have a little optimism about the season ahead. 

We all want the glory days back. We all want Venkys out.

We all support the team that TM sends out every week, so let's just get behind them. 

3 hours ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

A ball has not been kicked, not a player sold, the trash has been released and 4 additions made and I am seeing talk of league 2. Sort it out! This season is a chance to lift our spirits. A full season with TM at the helm, an opportunity to build this ship and let it sail again. 

This is what happens under the Indian scum-you always feel that things will go to crap no matter what happens.

41 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I'm sure some fans come with a CTRL + ALT + DEL function!

Forget everything they've done, reset all settings and let them do it again.

More like BEND + OVER.

So I take it you've not renewed your season ticket for this season.

36 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I'm sure some fans come with a CTRL + ALT + DEL function!

Forget everything they've done, reset all settings and let them do it again.

More like BEND + OVER.

Gratuitously nasty.

Out of interest, how can you 'let them do it again' when you have no control over their actions in the first place? Your only option is to withdraw your support or protest, neither of which you seem capable of doing.

BEND + OVER applies to you just as much as anybody else.

2 hours ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Why be sad? Turn that frown upside down, and perhaps just perhaps have a little optimism about the season ahead. 

We all want the glory days back. We all want Venkys out.

We all support the team that TM sends out every week, so let's just get behind them. 

You make me sad...not rovers. 

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

So I take it you've not renewed your season ticket for this season.

You really are a one, Mike. A completely irrelevant and stupid question in response to the point made.

When you have no answer you play the superfan card or just ignore the point completely. Or just provide another excuse. All part and parcel. The wonderful cycle, the ebb and flow of football.

If we are relegated to League 2, will you protest or even complain? Non-league? When is enough enough for you?

It's one thing being a through-thick-and-thin-person and not be driven away, I get that. I have similar feelings. But to look forward with optimism under Venkys remains foolhardy; to pretend they are going to splash the cash and be seen as the Big I Am's of League One is imbecilic.

Of course you will say you never said any of this. In which case my post wasn't aimed at you, so perhaps let one of those who do think Venkys could still be our salvation speak up instead, eh?

16 minutes ago, Stuart said:

You really are a one, Mike. A completely irrelevant and stupid question in response to the point made.

When you have no answer you play the superfan card or just ignore the point completely. Or just provide another excuse. All part and parcel. The wonderful cycle, the ebb and flow of football.

If we are relegated to League 2, will you protest or even complain? Non-league? When is enough enough for you?

It's one thing being a through-thick-and-thin-person and not be driven away, I get that. I have similar feelings. But to look forward with optimism under Venkys remains foolhardy; to pretend they are going to splash the cash and be seen as the Big I Am's of League One is imbecilic.

Of course you will say you never said any of this. In which case my post wasn't aimed at you, so perhaps let one of those who do think Venkys could still be our salvation speak up instead, eh?

it a very simple question Stuart about whether you have renewed your season ticket which you don't answer?

if we are relegated to league 2? what happens if Mowbray get us promote back to the championship will you celebrate?

I look forward to the season under Mowbray with optimism

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

it a very simple question Stuart about whether you have renewed your season ticket which you don't answer?

if we are relegated to league 2? what happens if Mowbray get us promote back to the championship will you celebrate?

I look forward to the season under Mowbray with optimism

Jeez, Chris, that's such a weak underarm throw and so far away from the stumps that I'll not even bother swinging. #airshotavoided

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

I'm not going to apologise Stuart for being optimistic.  If you can't be optimistic at the start of a season there really is no point going.  Of course I may be disappointed - won't be the first time.  As you say it's all part of the ebb and flow of football.  I think the fact that Venky's continue to prosper tells you everything you need to know about where they are coming from.  Blackburn Rovers is simply one part of a business empire that is prospering and clearly, although it does little to help the standing of the club, they have found away of making owning this club work for them in a business sense.  Are they interested in football? - no.  Are they going to put vast amounts of money into the club? - no.  Whatever we achieve next season will be due to the efforts of Mowbray, his staff and the players.  It will be achieved despite the owners not because of them.  I know all that before I renew my season ticket but continue to do so because I enjoy supporting and following this club.   Irrespective of the division my friends and I and many others will continue to support the club because its something we enjoy.  I assume you enjoy it too otherwise why bother going and why bother spending time on this forum.    

Do I think marching up and down Bolton Road shouting "Venky's Out" is going to change anything - no.  Do I think that the Venky empire is going to crumble if I hold up a red card - no.  Do I believe that walking in late and leaving a game early is going to drive them away - no.  Clearly you do, which is fair enough and good luck to you with that.  There are lots of different opinions about our present situation and responses to the owners vary from individual to individual.  I know folk who still believe that the owners are doing a decent job despite everything we have seen over the past seven years.  Others believe they will put it right.  I subscribe to neither view.  Personally, I believe that they are here simply because it is working for them financially in some way and that they will only leave when it doesn't.

As I've said before, the only decision I can make is whether to renew my season ticket or not and that is something I'm happy to do.  Yes, I'm looking forward to the pre-season games and the opener at Southend and I'm not going to apologise for that.  

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Jeez, Chris, that's such a weak underarm throw and so far away from the stumps that I'll not even bother swinging. #airshotavoided

^^^^

Has this guy ever been banned or even warned? He's the most obnoxious antagonistic poster on here. May be brown nosing somebody.

Archived