BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok then in transfer news it looks like our last seasons pairing of 2 International young centre halves will be replaced this season by 2 free transfer player with a combined age of 71. One of then not even playing a full seasons worth of games in the last 5 years.

There you go a bit of possible transfer news.

Any transfer news or just another thread detailing Venky's various howlers? Can we not just keep their multitude of bad decisions and potential impending doom to one thread?

No,there is no transfer news and that's because the club has no money to spend.

That's because of Venkys and that's why so many posts end up with argument about them.

We are really just marking time and making conversation.

That's because of Venkys and that's why so many posts end up with argument about them.

Yep The messageboard should be shut down in the close season and re opened two weeks before,save ourselves from ourselves.

• Backroom

McNair Blackett Wilson Keane and Peraira all been told they can leave Man Utd .. Shame .. We SHOULD be in for them

The same report suggested the same about Fosu-Mensah and Borthwick-Jackson

Better placed clubs will be in for them but you should at least try!

That's fine, if there is no transfer news then there need be no posts. What isn't needed is trawling through page after page of information we all know and have seen ad inifinitum. In the main we all agree Venky's are terrible, surely we can just keep this and the arguments to one thread. If that means there are no posts in other threads, fine, but at least people wont see the activity on threads and mistakenly believe it may actually relate to the topic in question. I dislike Venky's as much as the next man but we don't need to have 15 threads all saying the same thing, surely.

The same report suggested the same about Fosu-Mensah and Borthwick-Jackson

Better placed clubs will be in for them but you should at least try!

Somewhat ironically it would take us signing all of McNair, Blackett, Fosu-Mensah, Borthwick-Jackson, Wilson, Keane and Peraira for us to be in a position to put out a full squad this season.

That's fine, if there is no transfer news then there need be no posts. What isn't needed is trawling through page after page of information we all know and have seen ad inifinitum. In the main we all agree Venky's are terrible, surely we can just keep this and the arguments to one thread. If that means there are no posts in other threads, fine, but at least people wont see the activity on threads and mistakenly believe it may actually relate to the topic in question. I dislike Venky's as much as the next man but we don't need to have 15 threads all saying the same thing, surely.

I seriously doubt that the same thing is being endlessly repeated on 15 threads but hyperbole always has a good run on here.

Venting at Venkys is essential therapy anyway, at least we can feel we are among friends!

Just for reference, here is how light we currently are:

b252397849.png

So:

An injury or suspension to Steele or Raya means we are without a sub keeper.

We're having to play either a right winger or a central midfielder at right back - or risk Henley who's proved he isn't up to it.

An injury or suspension to Ward or Duffy means we're having to play the totally inexperienced Wharton. An injury or suspension to both of them and we're without a proven, recognised central defender.

We have one recognised left back - Hendrie, who has never played at this level before.

In central midfield we're very light - assuming Lowe is playing at right back (we all agree this is his best position, right?) - we're going to have to play one of Evans, Akpan or Guthrie alongside Lenihan. Evans hasn't once been brilliant in his career here, Akpan... still not convinced he's a genuine footballer, Guthrie isn't ever fit.

Lots of options right wing - assuming Marshall isn't at right back.

Bryne or bust in CAM, assuming Marshall is playing one of right back or right wing before CAM.

Conway back into the fold under Coyle at left wing. Also now have Stokes to play left wing.

Graham up front alone. Stokes an option too assuming he's not on the left wing.

So we need - for me:

3rd choice keeper

1st choice right back

2x central defenders to compete

1st choice left back

1x first choice central midfielder, 1x competing central midfielder

1x competing CAM

2x Strikers (in case we play 4-4-2)

Thats 9 players needed, no outgoings, with a week(ish) to go until the first game of the season. No time left for new players to fit into the squad.

right, who banned Chaddy? :D

Just for reference, here is how light we currently are:

b252397849.png

So:

An injury or suspension to Steele or Raya means we are without a sub keeper.

We're having to play either a right winger or a central midfielder at right back - or risk Henley who's proved he isn't up to it.

An injury or suspension to Ward or Duffy means we're having to play the totally inexperienced Wharton. An injury or suspension to both of them and we're without a proven, recognised central defender.

We have one recognised left back - Hendrie, who has never played at this level before.

In central midfield we're very light - assuming Lowe is playing at right back (we all agree this is his best position, right?) - we're going to have to play one of Evans, Akpan or Guthrie alongside Lenihan. Evans hasn't once been brilliant in his career here, Akpan... still not convinced he's a genuine footballer, Guthrie isn't ever fit.

Lots of options right wing - assuming Marshall isn't at right back.

Bryne or bust in CAM, assuming Marshall is playing one of right back or right wing before CAM.

Conway back into the fold under Coyle at left wing. Also now have Stokes to play left wing.

Graham up front alone. Stokes an option too assuming he's not on the left wing.

So we need - for me:

3rd choice keeper

1st choice right back

2x central defenders to compete

1st choice left back

1x first choice central midfielder, 1x competing central midfielder

1x competing CAM

2x Strikers (in case we play 4-4-2)

Thats 9 players needed, no outgoings, with a week(ish) to go until the first game of the season. No time left for new players to fit into the squad.

ouch

Simply, it's 5 million off the asking

Price to buy us. Team, manager irrelevant.

Bunkum. The asking price has to be zero with the debts we have.

As if this hasn't been spelled out already! The longer you support the club financially, the longer they will stay.

Don't ask me why though.

Rubbish. The contribution the supporters make is minimal. Makes no difference to the Loons. Why they continue to own us is a total mystery.

Rubbish. The contribution the supporters make is minimal. Makes no difference to the Loons. Why they continue to own us is a total mystery.

It isn't rubbish because it isn't about money. If you read what I wrote earlier you'd realise it's about face and respect(lack thereof).

The more people who go the more credibility the owners have. Follow?

Coyle's comments re. Duffy and Marshall are very similar to those he made about Hanley 10 days before he was sold.

I think Owen is beginning to realise what he's up against here. He can talk all day long about wanting to keep Marshall and Duffy but ultimately if the owners don't want to and the players don't get made decent offers then they won't be here. Coyle is a passenger, like all of us.

I'm slightly perplexed by his comments about being happy with the squad at his disposal. I can't believe any manager would be happy with a squad so short on numbers, options and experience. He'd be better being honest and saying 'we're well short and desperately need more bodies' but that probably doesn't fit the positivity remit he's trying to fulfil.

I could go through all the threads on here that descend into Venky argument and I bet they would account for about 80% of the sites traffic, not that I'm going to as I really can't be bothered arguing the toss.

It's the only game in town.

It isn't rubbish because it isn't about money. If you read what I wrote earlier you'd realise it's about face and respect(lack thereof).

The more people who go the more credibility the owners have. Follow?

Of course I follow but you are wrong. There must be a reason why they continue to own us but neither you nor I know what it is.

Coyle's comments re. Duffy and Marshall are very similar to those he made about Hanley 10 days before he was sold.

I think Owen is beginning to realise what he's up against here. He can talk all day long about wanting to keep Marshall and Duffy but ultimately if the owners don't want to and the players don't get made decent offers then they won't be here. Coyle is a passenger, like all of us.

I'm slightly perplexed by his comments about being happy with the squad at his disposal. I can't believe any manager would be happy with a squad so short on numbers, options and experience. He'd be better being honest and saying 'we're well short and desperately need more bodies' but that probably doesn't fit the positivity remit he's trying to fulfil.

He knew the all the risks, therefore he gets no sympathy from me. He'll be paid handsomely, even after a failure.

I'm slightly perplexed by his comments about being happy with the squad at his disposal. I can't believe any manager would be happy with a squad so short on numbers, options and experience. He'd be better being honest and saying 'we're well short and desperately need more bodies' but that probably doesn't fit the positivity remit he's trying to fulfil

Kind of answers the passenger point himself. If he took the job, youd think he'd know how to utilise his own skill set, contacts and, importantly , his focus (if he has any) to solve the squad strength problems.

I'm sure I read him saying(in his 1st interviews) he wanted the fans to be proud and was confident he could put together a squad that excites and entertains.

I wasn't convinced then, and I'm even less convinced now.

He knew the all the risks, therefore he gets no sympathy from me. He'll be paid handsomely, even after a failure.

I'm slightly perplexed by his comments about being happy with the squad at his disposal. I can't believe any manager would be happy with a squad so short on numbers, options and experience. He'd be better being honest and saying 'we're well short and desperately need more bodies' but that probably doesn't fit the positivity remit he's trying to fulfil

Kind of answers the passenger point himself. If he took the job, youd think he'd know how to utilise his own skill set, contacts and, importantly , his focus (if he has any) to solve the squad strength problems.

I'm sure I read him saying(in his 1st interviews) he wanted the fans to be proud and was confident he could put together a squad that excites and entertains.

I wasn't convinced then, and I'm even less convinced now.

Exactly he fully knows the score and didn't Cheston say when asked about the odd appointment of Coyle that he understands the particular situation at Blackburn Rovers ?

Well Mike what is that exact particular situation because your trying to pretend there isn't one it seems !!!

As always the clues are in these snippets.

No lose for Coyle, we can't help it we've had to sell all these players. The fans hate me anyway because of Burnley. All this will have been in the thought process when appointing him I'd wager.

Of course I follow but you are wrong. There must be a reason why they continue to own us but neither you nor I know what it is.

Well, you're right in 2 respects, there must be a reason why they continue to own is and yes,I don't know what it is.

That's why I was concentrating on what WE CAN DO to shift them and boycotting is definitely a part ot it.

Back to square one.

If I'm wrong as you claim and nothing can shift them then we are buggered aren't we?

Which leads some to conclude they might as well keep going, a conclusion I cannot fathom.

Our last signing was made a month ago today - Byrne on loan. It wouldn't surprise me at all if there's been another Venky's shift in policy which is preventing us from adding to the numbers. They seem masters of it and have messed around pretty all of our managers on this front, "there's no money", "there's a bit of money", "only frees or loans", "nobody is coming in".

Just a crazy way to run a football club, but I shouldn't be surprised.

Archived