BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

No doubt that Duffy will be off. There's no way they will risk him leaving for nothing in 12 months given their insatiable appetite for cashing in on all our players. The only slim chance we had of keeping him was if he signed a new deal, and I can't imagine any reason why he would commit long term to a club likely to be in League One soon.

The story about players lined up to come in is probably a work of fiction by the club to keep people dangling in the short term. The reaction to selling Hanley and Duffy will be easier to deal with if fans are led to believe there are a number of decent players waiting in the wings and a bit of money to be spent.

In truth I imagine Coyle has probably got about 7-8 players in his sights that he would love to bring in, but is being prevented from doing so by the owners.

The final icing on the cake for the summer won't be when Duffy is sold in the next week or two, but when Ben Marshall is sold in the last few days of the window for a couple of million and isn't replaced.

The Lancashire Telegraph will be busy scouring twitter and the internet to find any wild rumour linking Marshall to another club so they can run it as their headline next week once Duffy has gone or they've got bored of speculating about his future.

I don't think there is any real appetite to offer them new deals, it's all lip service. I'm sure Coyle would love to keep them, but the moneymen don't want that.

Duffy hinted as much in his interview with the LT.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those that want to know which first team player this info is from amd how then DM me amd I'll gladly tell you, for those calling me out as talking BS... Bugger off! 😉

To be fair the lad could well be repeating what we're reading but surely would know more than that.

I don't think there is any real appetite to offer them new deals, it's all lip service. I'm sure Coyle would love to keep them, but the moneymen don't want that.

Duffy hinted as much in his interview with the LT.

If they really wanted to keep either of them they would have realised the need for urgency and have offered them new deals months ago. I can only presume that the reason they didn't was because it provides a convenient excuse to sell them.

The club can pretend to have offered them good terms and then deflect the blame onto the players for not accepting. Then blame supporters for not being able to offer them as much money as some clubs can. The players know they aren't really wanted otherwise they would have been treated as a priority rather than an afterthought. The club will say they have no choice but to let them go as they will leave for nothing in a year and it would be foolish/irresponsible in an era of FFP to risk missing out on a fee.

Then they can replace them with a loan from somewhere, no risks, and then in 12 months loan someone else.

Amazes me how people are still sceptical when there is talk of our best players likely to be leaving - after all this time. After everything that Venkys have done. Hanley's move started as expectation, then rumours, then talk of bids being made, then an 'injury'. Then he was sold.

The biggest problem now is that our best players are actually a pretty poor standard to start with, and their replacements are worse.

Still, at least we signed Danny Graham.

If Duffy goes I'll be even more gutted. I was at an away game, not sure if that was his first game or not but he was shouting at everyone trying to organise the looked pretty good. His crowd surf was one of the highlights of last season.

What a sham we are.

Agreed. Who would tell the Forsyth was signing? Dount that is from a player.

Well. We sold a player to Derby in January so our players have contacts there already. There are loads of links that people have to different clubs - international team mates, team mates at former clubs.

It would be very easy for Lowe for example to ring Olsson and say, what do you think of Forsyth - is he a good lad, does he train well, what's he like in the dressing room. I wouldn't be surprised if Coyle has asked them to be in touch to find out more about him.

Football is one big network and rarely are things kept quiet.

Hanley, Cairney, Rhodes, and possibly Duffy and Marshall sold to championship rivals. We are really bloody stupid whoever handles these things. But follow the trend, and these are all players we can get a fee for.

You dont see anybody wanting Akpan, Henley or Jason Lowe. Why? Because they are worth nothing, not even a butty sandwich or whatever it is you call it there

Be great if Duffy signs a new contract btw... Fingers bloody crossed something changes.

lets hope so.

Bit of news from a Rovers first team player.

Duffy apparently leaving.

Forsyth is signing.

Few others set to be coming in.

How good is he?

I miss Chaddy and his rumours... down with all you Chaddy haters lol :D

Just catching up with the news and rumours now. been busy all day

from Coyle BBC Radio Lancashire interview, he basically want to get players and improve the squad. Down to the owners to back him now with money

from Coyle BBC Radio Lancashire interview, he basically want to get players and improve the squad. Down to the owners to back him now with money

Wonder when he's going to resign.

When the next couple have gone and he gets zero to spend probably. We'll be told he's exercising a 2 month clause in his contract !

lets hope so.

How good is he?

Just catching up with the news and rumours now. been busy all day

Marshalls next.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

There's none so blind than those that cannot see.

Archived