BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Expect an implosion vs. Norwich and a severe back lash. I genuinely feel this is the make-or-break season for the Rao's, and when it all truly goes t1ts up they'll be off in to the Indian sunset.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, you're right in 2 respects, there must be a reason why they continue to own is and yes,I don't know what it is.

That's why I was concentrating on what WE CAN DO to shift them and boycotting is definitely a part ot it.

Back to square one.

If I'm wrong as you claim and nothing can shift them then we are buggered aren't we?

Which leads some to conclude they might as well keep going, a conclusion I cannot fathom.

How on earth can you say this is definite? It's guesswork at best IMO.

Coyle's comments re. Duffy and Marshall are very similar to those he made about Hanley 10 days before he was sold.

I think Owen is beginning to realise what he's up against here. He can talk all day long about wanting to keep Marshall and Duffy but ultimately if the owners don't want to and the players don't get made decent offers then they won't be here. Coyle is a passenger, like all of us.

I'm slightly perplexed by his comments about being happy with the squad at his disposal. I can't believe any manager would be happy with a squad so short on numbers, options and experience. He'd be better being honest and saying 'we're well short and desperately need more bodies' but that probably doesn't fit the positivity remit he's trying to fulfil.

He knew the score when he was hand picked and ushered in by who ever is pulling the strings. What could be more poetic than an ex Dingle to aid in our demise.

How on earth can you say this is definite? It's guesswork at best IMO.

Getting very weary of this now. I can only make an educated guess about what might work.The only way to find out for sure is to try it.

But casting doubt about a suggestion is simply a way of avoiding doing anything if you are honest about it.

Rather than criticise me, what have you got to offer?

In one way, there is no need for anyone to do anything. It'll take care of itself. The 7500 will become 5000 will become 3000.

And you will still be seeking proof.

Not discussing this anymore. Had it with the myopics.

Getting very weary of this now. I can only make an educated guess about what might work.The only way to find out for sure is to try it.

But casting doubt about a suggestion is simply a way of avoiding doing anything if you are honest about it.

Rather than criticise me, what have you got to offer?

In one way, there is no need for anyone to do anything. It'll take care of itself. The 7500 will become 5000 will become 3000.

And you will still be seeking proof.

Not discussing this anymore. Had it with the myopics.

Where have I criticised you?

Take the chip of your shoulder for a minute and put your brain in gear.

You may be exhausted with spewing the usual 'best guess' posts out and thinking they're facts......well they're not until you prove it.....so it's not even 'educated' guesswork.

Anyway, you said you won't be posting about this again (thankfully) so we'll agree to disagree.

• Backroom

I think the fact 47% of fans surveyed by BRFCAG (who you'd assume to be very much in the anti-owners camp) would get a season ticket with Venky's still owning the club says a lot.

The fact Norwich and Ipswich are bidding in excess of 10m for

McCormack is painful, we can't seem to rub 2 pennies together!

I really do fear for us this season, 2 injuries and we are in serious trouble!

Ipswich are bidding £10 million for McCormack? Where's that from? I can't believe that, Ipswich are one of the few clubs in as poor a financial state as we are.

Norwich are hoping to bounce straight back up and so will gamble their parachute money on doing it. It worked last time they came down. If it doesn't work this time and they stay down for a few seasons then their money will run out like ours did.

Our situation is brought about by these owners. If they wanted to spend money to improve the squad/club then they could. Likewise there remains a number of people who are being hoodwinked by the FFP excuse as a reason why we aren't spending. We've received almost £30 million in the last 12 months and spent nothing, so if these owners wanted to reinvest that money there is no reason on earth why they couldn't.

Lets watch Fulham as an example. They might sell McCormack for £12 million or whatever, and I guarantee they will reinvest at least half of that amount back into their squad. Amazing how FFP rules don't seem to prevent them from reinvesting money.

These owners have chosen to stop spending, the likely outcome of that is relegation, which will cost them even more than a few million quid to strengthen now.

Just for reference, here is how light we currently are:

b252397849.png

You've even tried to make it look like we have depth by respecting players names throughout.

Our squad is extremely threadbare. If we lose Duffy and/or Marshall then we are in dire straights.

All we seem to hear is about bids that have been received for players and that we are powerless to stop them once they say they want to leave.

We are running out of quality assets to sell and by definition ever more likely to be relegated.

Our target is 15th or better but then what? If we finish 14th is that a successful season? If we stay up, is that a decent season? What happens this time next year if we are still in the Championship and have no players of any value to sell?

We are in a small boat heading towards the brink and someone is selling the oars while those left are trying to paddle with match sticks.

Ipswich are bidding £10 million for McCormack? Where's that from? I can't believe that, Ipswich are one of the few clubs in as poor a financial state as we are.

Norwich are hoping to bounce straight back up and so will gamble their parachute money on doing it. It worked last time they came down. If it doesn't work this time and they stay down for a few seasons then their money will run out like ours did.

Our situation is brought about by these owners. If they wanted to spend money to improve the squad/club then they could. Likewise there remains a number of people who are being hoodwinked by the FFP excuse as a reason why we aren't spending. We've received almost £30 million in the last 12 months and spent nothing, so if these owners wanted to reinvest that money there is no reason on earth why they couldn't.

Lets watch Fulham as an example. They might sell McCormack for £12 million or whatever, and I guarantee they will reinvest at least half of that amount back into their squad. Amazing how FFP rules don't seem to prevent them from reinvesting money.

These owners have chosen to stop spending, the likely outcome of that is relegation, which will cost them even more than a few million quid to strengthen now.

Sky News reporting that both Norwich and Ipswich have made bids!!

Bit of news from a Rovers first team player.

Duffy apparently leaving.

Forsyth is signing.

Few others set to be coming in.

If Duffy leaves as well, then @#/? everybody involved in selling the players and keeping Venkys pockets happy

Forsyth is signing.

Can't really see them being told first? Surely that would be unsettling?

All players are consistently asking each other about their futures. Nobody signs a new contract without knowing what the best players/their mates are planning.

Forsyth is signing.

That's just stuff that's been rumoured in the press. Duffy will probably leave, don't think Forsyth will sign a few others are likely to come in.

They'll hear things in training from each other. They'd have asked Duffy if he's likely leaving, just like Coyle will probably tell them who he's after bringing in, presumably to try and keep morale up.

E.g

Duffy: "I'm gonna be off lads, soz"

or

Coyle: "We've put an offer in for Forsyth and he wants to come"

Not exactly unrealistic to imagine either or both being said at some points.

That's just stuff that's been rumoured in the press. Duffy will probably leave, don't think Forsyth will sign a few others are likely to come in.

Agreed. Who would tell the Forsyth was signing? Dount that is from a player.

If it means anything, I heard about Feeney and Graham signing from a player at the club. Players are constantly talking and it's no surprise that info trickles through. Doesn't mean it's for certain but maybe Coyle told them, maybe someone spoke to Forsyth and he said he wanted to come. End of the day, the players are probably just as concerned as us with our lack of numbers/quality and are probably pestering Coyle to find out who else is coming in.

They'll hear things in training from each other. They'd have asked Duffy if he's likely leaving, just like Coyle will probably tell them who he's after bringing in, presumably to try and keep morale up.

E.g

Duffy: "I'm gonna be off lads, soz"

or

Coyle: "We've put an offer in for Forsyth and he wants to come"

Not exactly unrealistic to imagine either or both being said at some points.

Players read gossip columns as much as fans do. I highly doubt Forsyth will be joining us, hence why I'm very sceptical about a current player supposedly saying otherwise.

No doubt that Duffy will be off. There's no way they will risk him leaving for nothing in 12 months given their insatiable appetite for cashing in on all our players. The only slim chance we had of keeping him was if he signed a new deal, and I can't imagine any reason why he would commit long term to a club likely to be in League One soon.

The story about players lined up to come in is probably a work of fiction by the club to keep people dangling in the short term. The reaction to selling Hanley and Duffy will be easier to deal with if fans are led to believe there are a number of decent players waiting in the wings and a bit of money to be spent.

In truth I imagine Coyle has probably got about 7-8 players in his sights that he would love to bring in, but is being prevented from doing so by the owners.

The final icing on the cake for the summer won't be when Duffy is sold in the next week or two, but when Ben Marshall is sold in the last few days of the window for a couple of million and isn't replaced.

The Lancashire Telegraph will be busy scouring twitter and the internet to find any wild rumour linking Marshall to another club so they can run it as their headline next week once Duffy has gone or they've got bored of speculating about his future.

Archived