BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

OH BTW were did the Rhodes and other transfer cash go.. Not in reinvestment in the squad that's for certain

Does the same argument have to rage on, do you not see how we are 120m or whatever it is in debt and it can't carry on? Rhodes was earning more than our entire season ticket revenue! Athlete, I'd love them to spend a bit to help us out but the club has @#/? millions of their own money away (entirely their own fault) so it seems quite simple where the "rhodes money" et al had gone.

We are skint and it's showing, I think we will end up doing a bit of business late on as players, agents and teams get more desperate.

I hope to god they don't sell Duffy, but let's not pretend we didn't moan about his biscuit tin head all season long last year, same goes for Marsh who finally had a bit of consistency (after 3 years) at FB, hope he stays.

Thing is though, if they won't sign new deals, if it was your club and you are looking at a less than 1/3 full stadium this a pittance in revenue, wouldn't you sell?

I'm not justifying Venkys actions in any sense either, it's just the reality was always going to be grim after being ripped off by tantric emperor and the bald Scottish darth Vader..

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basically every single thing they've done has been window dressing. Their original plans with their project partners went haywire but the cover ups have continued regardless.

This club has about 2 years max left under these lot unless there is a massive turnaround. They'll probably be happy to stick in a couple of million per season to prop it up in league 1 though whilst continuing to use the books.

One day nearly everybody will actually cotton on !

They aren't sticking any money in at all, that's been obvious for a while and who could blame them for that? They've thrown millions away through bad advice.

People keep moaning about us "washing our face" but to me it's the only way they'll ever be able to sell the club, because who's buying a rotten club in debt that's losing MORE money!

One day others may cotton on to this.., ;)

Other than possibly another young lad loan to make the numbers up I don't think there is any intention of signing anyone else unless another big one departs. Then it will be another old freebie to plug the gap, they are deliberately forcing the managers hand into having to play the youth. Just what Oyston did at the seaside.

Well given his connections no wonder people think that. If you knew there was money to be made from outgoings and a merry go round of loans and frees coming in you'd be delighted to have your man in place again.

The 'vehicle' trundles on whilst and Pune ignores knows

corrected ^_^

They aren't sticking any money in at all, that's been obvious for a while and who could blame them for that? They've thrown millions away through bad advice.

People keep moaning about us "washing our face" but to me it's the only way they'll ever be able to sell the club, because who's buying a rotten club in debt that's losing MORE money!

Don't waste your time with me stick to your classroom of 10 year olds they'll believe you. Meanwhile out in the real world there are crooks, con artists, opportunists and foreign tricksters.

Unicorns and rainbows ends at the school gates sadly !

Don't waste your time with me stick to your classroom of 10 year olds they'll believe you. Meanwhile out in the real world there are crooks, con artists, opportunists and foreign tricksters.

Unicorns and rainbows ends at the school gates sadly !

No need for that TP.

We have differing view points on how the club is being run, if you don't like that being pointed out, don't finish posts with "One day nearly everybody will actually cotton on !"..

• Backroom

As each day goes by I become more sure that OC is in on the whole scam/sham taking place

Of course he is. The guy lied in his first press conference about his knowledge of SEM, from that point it should have been clear to anyone there was the serious potential for Kean MKII and I think that may well be what we get. A puppet who's happy to do what he's told as long as he's paid.

Just catching up with the news and rumours now. been busy all day

from Coyle BBC Radio Lancashire interview, he basically want to get players and improve the squad. Down to the owners to back him now with money

Hope springs eternal. :D

They aren't sticking any money in at all, that's been obvious for a while and who could blame them for that?

We can and more should be IMV. At most other clubs these lot would get hell. Basically what you're saying there is that you don't blame for not investing in the football club you love and you're happy for them to neglect it in the manner they have done because of their own failings. I get you always try to give considered posts from the other side but I do wonder JB why you have this incessant need to spin their failings day after day on here. I understand you don't agree with many actions of the fans to boycott, you don't agree that not supporting the club financially doesn't hurt the owners and people going on and on moaning about it doesn't accomplish anything but what do you expect? At least these people have some sort of view point and aren't sat on the fence totally numb to the whole situation as their club gets destroyed before their eyes. There has to come a time when fans seriously consider the situation at Rovers and some already have taken some sort of action in any way they see fit as they feel the overwhelming need to (like me). Those fans being shot down by you with frankly patronising responses isn't helping just as much as you feel moaning about it isn't helping so be respectful and understand that in these time fans should have the right to express their displeasure at the club being neglected and ruined before their very eyes.

It's pretty clear that you feel that running the club as close to within our means as possible is our best way of sustainability and I somewhat agree but the way you spin this is as if you think Venkys are doing this as if they have some sort of plan or objective... Rather than what it actually seems to be which stripping our assets to fund the massive amounts of debt THEY have accumulated. It's pretty clear from there recent meeting with the trust and shareholders that there is no plan, there is no objective and there is no one currently running the club that has any sort of answers either... Just puppets who never have had previous interest in Blackburn Rovers, that are quick to take a pay cheque and blame you and me for part of the demise of our club. I for one and many others will not hand over my money and take it, there has to be some sort of moral stance towards people like this doing what they're doing. Regardless whether it is a football club, you simply cannot treat customers this way and totally ignore them and not expect some sort of backlash... It is a total disgrace.

No need for that TP.

We have differing view points on how the club is being run, if you don't like that being pointed out, don't finish posts with "One day nearly everybody will actually cotton on !"..

I did say nearly !

Anyway we are always polar opposites on this but I don't dig you out on it so don't come to me with this naïve line you continue to peddle.

Fact is we are where we are and we've got here by a combination of everything on ALL sides. They've had nearly 6 years to sort it and the finance has come in via Parachutes and player sales. Appointing a correctly qualified exec 3 years ago would have helped and they also have the finances themselves (allegedly) to have put the club on an even keel when the embargo struck.

They won't because IT DOESN'T suit their and their co partners agenda so on we rumble. I look forwards to your excuses for them in another two years.... 'that damn Mike Cheston' or something along those lines.

We can and more should be IMV. At most other clubs these lot would get hell. Basically what you're saying there is that you don't blame for not investing in the football club you love and you're happy for them to neglect it in the manner they have done because of their own failings. I get you always try to give considered posts from the other side but I do wonder JB why you have this incessant need to spin their failings day after day on here. I understand you don't agree with many actions of the fans to boycott, you don't agree that not supporting the club financially doesn't hurt the owners and people going on and on moaning about it doesn't accomplish anything but what do you expect? At least these people have some sort of view point and aren't sat on the fence totally numb to the whole situation as their club gets destroyed before their eyes. There has to come a time when fans seriously consider the situation at Rovers and some already have taken some sort of action in any way they see fit as they feel the overwhelming need to (like me). Those fans being shot down by you with frankly patronising responses isn't helping just as much as you feel moaning about it isn't helping so be respectful and understand that in these time fans should be have the right to express their displeasure at the club being neglected and ruined before their very eyes.

It's pretty clear that you feel that running the club as close to within our means as possible is our best way of sustainability and I somewhat agree but the way you spin this is as if you think Venkys are doing this as if they have some sort of plan or objective... Rather than what it actually seems to be which stripping our assets to fund the massive amounts of debt THEY have accumulated.

Very well summed up.

As for the bit in bold. That day is inevitable.

The problem is that such 'action' will not be vocal protests but more and more people walking away.

Those who remain will be those who are happy to continue indefinitely, to ignore the off-field problems and, as we see with some, even make excuses for or try to justify Venkys neglect (and failure to correct their own mistakes - assuming they consider themselves to have made any mistakes).

A slow death is in motion, and fans have been beaten by Venkys. At ANY other club, the demonstrations to date would have brought about change but the Raos have simply walked away, battoned down the hatches and sat it out. They are stubborn, arrogant and ignorant. Their holding out for the right price for players will almost certainly be mirrored by their stance on a price for the club. Nobody will ever pay their asking price.

It's impossible to forgive Venkys for what they have done. They are long past the point of no return and must leave before there is any hope of a united fanbase.

If you thought Venkys were merely innocent fools, no, you wouldn't expect them to put more money in. You'd expect them to cotton on to the fact that they are out of their depth and accept Seneca's offer and leave it to someone who knows something about football.

Your post overlooks that get-out for them, you're accepting no offer has been made.

However I do not think they are innocent fools. In any event we get the worst of both worlds, no money put in and no sale either.

Still,they have you to make excuses for them.

We can and more should be IMV. At most other clubs these lot would get hell. Basically what you're saying there is that you don't blame for not investing in the football club you love and you're happy for them to neglect it in the manner they have done because of their own failings. I get you always try to give considered posts from the other side but I do wonder JB why you have this incessant need to spin their failings day after day on here. I understand you don't agree with many actions of the fans to boycott, you don't agree that not supporting the club financially doesn't hurt the owners and people going on and on moaning about it doesn't accomplish anything but what do you expect? At least these people have some sort of view point and aren't sat on the fence totally numb to the whole situation as their club gets destroyed before their eyes. There has to come a time when fans seriously consider the situation at Rovers and some already have taken some sort of action in any way they see fit as they feel the overwhelming need to (like me). Those fans being shot down by you with frankly patronising responses isn't helping just as much as you feel moaning about it isn't helping so be respectful and understand that in these time fans should be have the right to express their displeasure at the club being neglected and ruined before their very eyes.

It's pretty clear that you feel that running the club as close to within our means as possible is our best way of sustainability and I somewhat agree but the way you spin this is as if you think Venkys are doing this as if they have some sort of plan or objective... Rather than what it actually seems to be which stripping our assets to fund the massive amounts of debt THEY have accumulated.

The quote was; (including the sentence you cut out)

"hey aren't sticking any money in at all, that's been obvious for a while and who could blame them for that? They've thrown millions away through bad advice."

Thats not spinning their failings is it? Did you read the post I made to Athlete also?

Athlete, I'd love them to spend a bit to help us out but the club has @#/? millions of their own money away (entirely their own fault) so it seems quite simple where the "rhodes money" et al had gone, I'm not justifying Venkys actions in any sense either, it's just the reality was always going to be grim after being ripped off by tantric emperor and the bald Scottish darth Vader..

So, no, I certainly cant agree with the assertion that I " don't blame for not investing in the football club you love and I'm happy for them to neglect it in the manner they have done because of their own failings."

Same old play the ball not the man. Twisted my words there, and because you don't agree with me its incessant?

Do you know what I want? Same as you so less of the divide tactics. Why do I think the club needs to wipe its face? it's 120m in debt mate, that is not spin. It's one of the cold hard facts we face. (and the only FACTS!)

"It's pretty clear that you feel that running the club as close to within our means as possible is our best way of sustainability" -

I think its the only way the club will be sold in future, more lucrative contracts, more sacking of managers, more bad decisions from bad advice will mean even less chance of salvage IMO. As for this part of your post Neal;

At least these people have some sort of view point and aren't sat on the fence totally numb to the whole situation as their club gets destroyed before their eyes. There has to come a time when fans seriously consider the situation at Rovers and some already have taken some sort of action in any way they see fit as they feel the overwhelming need to (like me). Those fans being shot down by you with frankly patronising responses isn't helping just as much as you feel moaning about it isn't helping so be respectful and understand that in these time fans should be have the right to express their displeasure at the club being neglected and ruined before their very eyes.

Where do I shoot people down? I give opinion. Ask me if I think a boycott will help? I give my opinion. Why I have to defend myself like this is beyond me, I have expressed plenty of displeasure at the way the club has been run too, don't forget that.

Tomphil;

I did say nearly !

Anyway we are always polar opposites on this but I don't dig you out on it so don't come to me with this naïve line you continue to peddle.

Fact is we are where we are and we've got here by a combination of everything on ALL sides. They've had nearly 6 years to sort it and the finance has come in via Parachutes and player sales. Appointing a correctly qualified exec 3 years ago would have helped and they also have the finances themselves (allegedly) to have put the club on an even keel when the embargo struck.

They won't because IT DOESN'T suit their and their co partners agenda so on we rumble. I look forwards to your excuses for them in another two years.... 'that damn Mike Cheston' or something along those lines.

I don't have any excuses for them, I might not believe that they are in on the con like some but where do I say "poor venkys" which seems to be the suggestion? Read what I am writing, and take the agenda for an avatar elsewhere - it seems absolutely ridiculous when we actually agree. The part you are missing is - I didn't like the part about dismissing other fans views, which you managed to top with a pop about my job (which is nothing to do with discussion, and I'm getting rather wound up by people doing the same thing here.)

If you thought Venkys were merely innocent fools, no, you wouldn't expect them to put more money in. You'd expect them to cotton on to the fact that they are out of their depth and accept Seneca's offer and leave it to someone who knows something about football.

Your post overlooks that get-out for them, you're accepting no offer has been made.

However I do not think they are innocent fools. In any event we get the worst of both worlds, no money put in and no sale either.

Still,they have you to make excuses for them.

Never said they where innocent, I have always said they where fools though. I cannot fathom this mentality that "if you think that, you must think this"... When did I say I didn't believe Seneca?

I've made no excuses for them. Being conned is not an excuse. Stubborn pride, arrogance and absolute neglect is not an excuse.

How do we best deal with the reality of it?

Sorry to anyone narked for taking this thread off topic.

• Backroom

Reading between the lines j don't think we will offer Faissal a contract:

Faissal is going to have a very good career. Hes a talented lad and hes got numerous offers already from clubs in Scotland because of how well he did at Dunfermline.

The decision we have to make is if Faissal is ready to play at Championship level just now.

Bear in mind hes a young man, hes certainly got the capability to do that in years to come.

But I think weve got to be and fair and make the decision can he make an impact with us just now?

Thats a decision well make after the game on Sunday.

You need Abbey back Jbizz I can tell your missing your regular sparring partner :lol:

Apologies about the job reference by the way but in my anger I do struggle to understand the naivety. I always had you down as a middle of the road kind of guy, maybe because of the job. However in recent times you often take the guise of a Venky apologist but that's up to you I suppose.

You need Abbey back Jbizz I can tell your missing your regular sparring partner :lol:

Apologies about the job reference by the way but in my anger I do struggle to understand the naivety. I always had you down as a middle of the road kind of guy, maybe because of the job. However in recent times you often take the guise of a Venky apologist but that's up to you I suppose.

That's the trouble with this messageboard these days, there are no shades of grey.

Essentially, if you're not with us you're a Venky's apologist seems to be mantra.

Personally, I'd say JBizz simply has a more rounded view than some.....

Reading between the lines j don't think we will offer Faissal a contract:

Faissal is going to have a very good career. Hes a talented lad and hes got numerous offers already from clubs in Scotland because of how well he did at Dunfermline.

The decision we have to make is if Faissal is ready to play at Championship level just now.

Bear in mind hes a young man, hes certainly got the capability to do that in years to come.

But I think weve got to be and fair and make the decision can he make an impact with us just now?

Thats a decision well make after the game on Sunday.

Surely this is exactly the sort of player we should sign. Even if he needs a season to acclimatise it's got to be worth it. I'm not too great on "nowism". The future must play a part too.

Curiously enough,this "spend nothing but flog everything in sight" approach worked extremely well for our near neighbours,twice in fact.

The strategy of threadbare squad,little inward transfer activity clutching at free transfer deals and without good sponsorship money has been extremely successful. Of course,for every Burnley theres a Blackpool or Bolton.

Even so,Derby and Notts Forest have spent quite a bit without any success whatsoever........on that basis,a proper plan even within severe financial constraints makes sense,something Venkys seem to want to ignore.

JBizz, you and I apparently agree on one thing, Venkys are not innocent and they are fools.or is that 2 things?!

The problem I have with you is that you appear to think nothing the fans do will work so nothing is worth attempting.

What I simply cannot understand now is that walking away and selling the club would be to he benefit of ALL concerned.

The Rao's do have a plan for Rovers and its so awful they want nobody to know what they are up to.

The future is a very bleak one under their tenure.

Do you really believe they do? Or is it more like "it" will take care of itself.

JBizz, you and I apparently agree on one thing, Venkys are not innocent and they are fools.or is that 2 things?!

The problem I have with you is that you appear to think nothing the fans do will work so nothing is worth attempting.

Bet he won't agree with you! :glare:

Archived