BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They aren't sticking any money in at all, that's been obvious for a while and who could blame them for that? They've thrown millions away through bad advice.

People keep moaning about us "washing our face" but to me it's the only way they'll ever be able to sell the club, because who's buying a rotten club in debt that's losing MORE money!

One day others may cotton on to this.., ;)

Seneca offered them an unbelievable deal but they chose to ignore it. That's why there's so much anger. They had the get out clause, they had 50 % of their cash back at a stroke, they needed no more cash input to finance anything and they had the potential of full payback if we were promoted under people who knew the club and know business.

But let's go for option 2, sell everything that moves to pay bank interest and run the value of the club down to virtually nothing while trying to recoup 100 million for it. A great move.

To coin your phrase, one day people may cotton on to this.

• Backroom

Surely this is exactly the sort of player we should sign. Even if he needs a season to acclimatise it's got to be worth it. I'm not too great on "nowism". The future must play a part too.

I'm with you Al.

we have to take the odd gamble, rumour is he wanted £4K a week north of the border so for that money we should be looking to take a shot in the hope it pays off.

Better than Chris Brown style clobber journeymen

Seneca offered them an unbelievable deal but they chose to ignore it. That's why there's so much anger. They had the get out clause, they had 50 % of their cash back at a stroke, they needed no more cash input to finance anything and they had the potential of full payback if we were promoted under people who knew the club and know business.

But let's go for option 2, sell everything that moves to pay bank interest and run the value of the club down to virtually nothing while trying to recoup 100 million for it. A great move.

Enough to make any Rovers fans Blood boil isn't it....a 'win win' opportunity for both parties.

Cherry,the plan I now believe to be in place is one to recoup as much money as possible by stripping the club bare...horrific ending for us.

I'm with you Al.

we have to take the odd gamble, rumour is he wanted £4K a week north of the border so for that money we should be looking to take a shot in the hope it pays off.

Better than Chris Brown style clobber journeymen

That's just over £200K per year. That's not too bad. Some folk in industry get that sort of salary. Sign him up!

Please correct me if I am wrong (I am sure you will :tu: ) I don't recollect Seneca offering to pay off any of the debt. Did they not say they would put money into the club - but I don't recollect any mention of paying off the initial money that Venky's put in or £50m to pay off half the debt. The money was to help Rovers stop losing money - and give them a reasonable transfer budget for the short to medium term.

Don't get me wrong - from Rovers perspective it was a huge improvement from where we are - but from the Venky's perspective a lot depended on promotion (in terms of them getting any of their investment back. For this - they had to give up 50% of the club.

Please correct me if I am wrong (I am sure you will :tu: ) I don't recollect Seneca offering to pay off any of the debt. Did they not say they would put money into the club - but I don't recollect any mention of paying off the initial money that Venky's put in or £50m to pay off half the debt. The money was to help Rovers stop losing money - and give them a reasonable transfer budget for the short to medium term.

Don't get me wrong - from Rovers perspective it was a huge improvement from where we are - but from the Venky's perspective a lot depended on promotion (in terms of them getting any of their investment back. For this - they had to give up 50% of the club.

What doesn't depend on promotion?! How on earth else are they gonna recoup £100+mill from a Championship club losing a load of money annually? Best shot they had at getting their money back. They won't get £60mill for 50% (or £120mill for 100%) of the club anywhere else and they won't get anywhere near the top 6 with the squad and manager we have now. It was a fantastic deal for them in real terms but they're "too proud" or some bobbins.

You know what, we have so little assets left. Selling them off for a few millions wont get Venkys to recoup much. However, spending a few mill here and there, and keeping our better players, might have got them promotion and nice big stash of cash. That would have gotten them alot quicker to getting their money back, and then walking away. All they doing now is destroying the club, and not getting much back. We are in deep trouble.

What doesn't depend on promotion?! How on earth else are they gonna recoup £100+mill from a Championship club losing a load of money annually? Best shot they had at getting their money back. They won't get £60mill for 50% (or £120mill for 100%) of the club anywhere else and they won't get anywhere near the top 6 with the squad and manager we have now. It was a fantastic deal for them in real terms but they're "too proud" or some bobbins.

This. Thanks for saving me the bother Mustard.

I'm sure Jbizzle and DMTP are revelling in your replies. I wouldn't rise to them.

They've shown time and time again, they simply take an opposing viewpoint and flog it to death.

There's no depths to which they won't stoop.

I enjoy a good debate, and particularly with those too, but today I've had enough.

At least Chaddy speaks his nonsense from his heart.

Blackburn Rovers is dying a slow death. And people are using it to make mischief and entertainment.

# all in my view.

I'm sure Jbizzle and DMTP are revelling in your replies. I wouldn't rise to them.

They've shown time and time again, they simply take an opposing viewpoint and flog it to death.

I enjoy a good debate, and particularly with those too, but today I've had enough.

Blackburn Rovers is dying a slow death. And people are using it to make mischief and entertainment.

# all in my view.

You'd be wrong. Revelling is the opposite, annoyed and disgusted that it's impossible to have a discussion here without personal remarks? I thought we'd finished for the day but congratulations on keeping it going ACOB

# all in my view.

I love it when people rewrite history to fit their own agenda.

Who else might the bit in bold remind you of? Abbey, 47er, Roverandout, there's 3 off the top of my head. However, because you agree with them you give them a free pass.

Arrogance, pure and simple........

Hopefully Coyle will be able to bring in 3 or 4 signings by next weekend or the week after,

we need some quality in otherwise going to be tough going

If he does I expect they will be cast-offs that no one else wants.

We are not shopping for bargains, we are sifting through the crap in the rubbish dump.

According to nicko, we have sealed a deal for two players but waiting on Venky's to sign the deals off.

These two need to be Coyle's ace cards who will both go straight into the first XI. It's no real use bringing in squad fillers who won't / can't displace the current dross.

Hopefully Coyle will be able to bring in 3 or 4 signings by next weekend or the week after,

we need some quality in otherwise going to be tough going

Hopefully Coyle will look in the mirror, realise what an imposter he is and fall on his sword.

Archived