BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rovers very close to pulling off major major signing of worldie gem central midfielder striker centre back winger utility goalkeeper.

Have to keep my cards closer to my chest here but we're looking at a transfer record free transfer signing. Needs to be kept off the radar just in case dukla Prague swoop in to steal it.

Coming... Up... Next... On... Clubcall...

Rovers very close to pulling off major major signing of worldie gem central midfielder striker centre back winger utility goalkeeper.

Have to keep my cards closer to my chest here but we're looking at a transfer record free transfer signing. Needs to be kept off the radar just in case dukla Prague swoop in to steal it.

Coming... Up... Next... On... Clubcall...

Is it Gary Vinegar? From Spurs?

What happened to Teletext?

As Blackpool are held up as the worst run club around can someone tell me how (apart from current league status) we differ from them in the way we're run? At least Blackpool have an owner they can vent their spleen at.

Their owners take money out of the club, ours have just @#/? millions away through idiocy. Our owners have at least put some effort into keeping the facilities, grade one academy and necessary staff for that, their owners let them train on the beach.

In terms of decision making, id suggest ours pay others to do that and Blackpools owners look at how they'll make out of it first. Equally ridiculous.

As this is transfer, I'm not going any further on that but since it's relatable, the Blackpool owners have them in the black at least, where we are well in the hole.

Can't help but feel we were a little mis-led by nicko on this striker. Earlier in the week he said the striker was keen to come to Rovers and that he wouldn't be going to another club. 3 days later and he's signed for another club.

Misled would suggest Nicko knows what he's on about.

If there ever was a pacy striker then he would have been using his pace to run as fast as possible in the opposite direction to Ewood Venky Park.

It was the a figment of imagination by a red top Hack or a put up sham egged on by a certain Club manager.

As i'm not ITK this could be true ^_^

If Nicko, Chaddy, Unleaded, etc., have sources, they are likely from inside the club. Those sources could give 100% accurate information, from the perspective of club employees, only to have it fall apart upon contact with the owners.

So thank you to the posters who provide the transfer information that they know. It's not their fault when it doesn't materialize.

Misled would suggest Nicko knows what he's on about.

How on Earth can we comment when the supposed ITKs refuse to name the player? If he has already signed for another team I can't see for the life of me why he can't be named.

If Nicko, Chaddy, Unleaded, etc., have sources, they are likely from inside the club. Those sources could give 100% accurate information, from the perspective of club employees, only to have it fall apart upon contact with the owners.

So thank you to the posters who provide the transfer information that they know. It's not their fault when it doesn't materialize.

I don't believe that Nixon and Chaddy do.

I'm afraid Steve that chaddy just regurgitates Nickos ramblings, now wether or not nicko knows anything at all is another debate.

Thanks alot. I get a lot of my info from Nixon. But people still moaned about it. Nixon and Coyle are good friends so Nixon will know everything going on.

I think Mani could tell you that the owners blacked some deals of Bowyer during his time here.

The owners are the ones to blame. Far too slow to make decisions and not authorising good deals for the club.

I believe this pacey striker was of good quality. Wouldnt have cost alot but the owners would authorise it. Pathetic. Even I am getting drained by them

I'm going to have a go at being Mystic McMeg , I will condense a weeks worth of tweets in this post ( i have my own crystal ball to help me) to save you the trouble of waiting

In for good pacey (insert position)

Cant say name , early stages

Should be tied up this week

Complicated, frustrating

Time to clear some Fuds (translation: block those who call me out on predictions)

Trying hard to finalise deal

Waiting on owners

Unbelievable , gone elsewhere, would have been a gem

I'm going to have a go at being Mystic McMeg , I will condense a weeks worth of tweets in this post ( i have my own crystal ball to help me) to save you the trouble of waiting

In for good pacey (insert position)

Cant say name , early stages

Should be tied up this week

Complicated, frustrating

Time to clear some Fuds (translation: block those who call me out on predictions)

Trying hard to finalise deal

Waiting on owners

Unbelievable , gone elsewhere, would have been a gem

Not Mystic Meg but exactly what Nixon was saying. Why anybody wants to make themselves look foolish by quoting him on here defeats me.

I don't understand how a player supposedly desperate to sign for us and someone "who will not be going to another club" can end up going to another club within the space of a few days. Venky's have approved five deals so far this summer...seems a convenient excuse for this player going elsewhere. Just don't bye this one. Don't think he was ever as close to signing for us as we were led to believe.

I watch a lot of MLS.

2 conferences, where teams struggle to defend, but attack with relish.

Difficult to judge Barnes. 31 in 113, but he has played wide and had injuries. I'd say he'd have been a slight upgrade on Jackson.

Is he a loss. Probably not.

Thanks for the scout report on him.

Archived