BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

He's just going to foist players on us he has connections too if he gets the go ahead it seems. Whether it's just desperation and a case of getting what he can or doing people favours who knows. Probably a combination of both but we'll end up with more decent championship players gone and downgrades in place by the time the next yes man steps in.

My thinking is Coyle will be gone by Christmas having been willingly used as the latest scapegoat and replaced by someone stepping in such as Dunn. This is only going one way, even if he's given a couple of mill to spend do I trust him to bring in decent permanent players for money ? No chance.

Forget about Graham that was already lined up before Coyle.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just looked at Giles Barnes sats... Christ.

You know Suhail Pascha has stepped in there and said to the owners behind Coyles back... "Don't let him sign this joker, he's bloody awful".

Indeed,thats why a guy like Bowyer who "adds value" with his transfer deals is,at least,self-financing. Might not get results on the field,but at least,turns a profit on buying and selling.

Given our esteemed owners see the club as a business pure and simple,it shows the sheer impossibility of working for them if they want promotion as well...........not surprised Lambert headed for the exit door.

If Coyle can keep us up with what we now have,methinks he will have earned his corn.

Wish the transfer windows started in August, it's really obvious that we will probably do as before and sign a few late on, when things change.

In a world where United can sell someone for peanuts and offer 100m for them back, Chelsea can sell Lukaku and then offer double a year later.... It's very obvious who and what runs football.

Indeed,thats why a guy like Bowyer who "adds value" with his transfer deals is,at least,self-financing. Might not get results on the field,but at least,turns a profit on buying and selling.

Given our esteemed owners see the club as a business pure and simple,it shows the sheer impossibility of working for them if they want promotion as well...........not surprised Lambert headed for the exit door.

If Coyle can keep us up with what we now have,methinks he will have earned his corn.

No he will earn more corn by taking us down. That's his brief. Sell all current saleable assets, bring on the youth to squeak out extra income as they attract suitors and bring in the cheapest players who have a reputation in the game and look like they are going to make the difference when in reality they have had their day as clubs releasing them recognise

Wish the transfer windows started in August, it's really obvious that we will probably do as before and sign a few late on, when things change.

In a world where United can sell someone for peanuts and offer 100m for them back, Chelsea can sell Lukaku and then offer double a year later.... It's very obvious who and what runs football.

Blackburn Rovers and Jack Walker from 1992 - 1996

We certainly did, ambition that brought the right people! No sodding owners will take that away, Gav. Even if I am jibbering "you want bottle? That was bottle" to myself in 30 years, whilst in "care"!

Seen us linked with signing yun suk-Young on a 2year deal in the next couple of days

That's the Korean left back I mentioned here when someone linked free agents. He was quite good at QPR and they were awful PL side back then.

Seen us linked with signing yun suk-Young on a 2year deal in the next couple of days

That's the Korean left back I mentioned here when someone linked free agents. He was quite good at QPR and they were awful PL side back then.

He should wear a Venky's Suk shirt

One of three occasions Gav, when Rovers have dominated English football. We have risen and fallen in the past and no doubt we will rise again at some point in the future. They can't take away our history or our memories Gav.

The problem is PB, the punches are getting harder and faster and not even BRFC can recover from these evenif we have a dotted history of success

Let's not forget that it was 80 years between winning the titles in 1912 and 1914 and doing it again in 1994-95 season. The FA Cup dominance occurred in the 1880s and early 1890s. Long periods between successes is part and parcel of the history of the Rovers. Who knows, it may well be that length of time or longer before the Rovers climb to a dominant position again, but even in the darkest days in the past there was always the hope - if not always the belief - that something better was around the corner.

Let's not forget that it was 80 years between winning the titles in 1912 and 1914 and doing it again in 1994-95 season. The FA Cup dominance occurred in the 1880s and early 1890s. Long periods between successes is part and parcel of the history of the Rovers. Who knows, it may well be that length of time or longer before the Rovers climb to a dominant position again, but even in the darkest days in the past there was always the hope - if not always the belief - that something better was around the corner.

I don't know the circumstances behind the historical malaises after success but what is, I believe behind the annoyance of the majority of fans is that the current mess was 100% avoidable. The wanton destruction by these wretched owners just didn't need to happen and in the final analysis after they leave we will hopefully have at least some embers of of a football club to start again. They and their arrogance have put us where we are and they will continue to wreak their havoc until there is very little left.

There you go again. Trying to convince us that what is happening is simply a natural continuation of what has gone on before.

It isn't and Arbitro has it dead right.

Pure spin from you PB. This situation was totally avoidable

I don't know the circumstances behind the historical malaises after success but what is, I believe behind the annoyance of the majority of fans is that the current mess was 100% avoidable. The wanton destruction by these wretched owners just didn't need to happen and in the final analysis after they leave we will hopefully have at least some embers of of a football club to start again. They and their arrogance have put us where we are and they will continue to wreak their havoc until there is very little left.

I couldn't agree more that the present situation was avoidable and is down to the owners. The closest historical comparison I can find to the present situation was the 1930s. Crompton was forced out as manager, the directors had a go at selecting the team for time themselves and when then produced the results you would expect they then put the responsibility on the club secretary. The fans stayed away, the chairman said he wouldn't put another penny in the club and the best young players were all sold. The result was relegation to the Second Division for the first time in the club's history. History does have a habit of repeating itself in every walk of life.

You are correct in the avoidable part - that's the hard thing for us all to take. Our decline has been completely manufactured, at the same time we've watched our closest enemy move forward properly under the correct decisions - it's no wonder we've lost thousands upon thousands of fans.

The part I agree with PB though is we still should have some degree of hope that this can get better. Let's face it, expectation is so low due to the squad, I'd be "happy" to be safe to some extent. Few late loan signings could change things, we've seen teams do well with less - another reference to that local rival, who's success has magnified our own mistakes.

Maybe the hope could be those owners leaving. Looking forward rather than backwards is necessary IMO - a Blackburn Rovers with fans behind it (despite the owners) is a more attractive proposition to potential new owners than the alternative.

• Backroom

At this point I would consider survival an achievement, and give Coyle his due if we managed that.

It's extremely concerning that only two seasons ago we were seriously expecting a playoff challenge under Bowyer, now we would be happy just to stay up under Coyle. How long before we're thankful to simply be playing in the football league?

You are correct in the avoidable part - that's the hard thing for us all to take. Our decline has been completely manufactured, at the same time we've watched our closest enemy move forward properly under the correct decisions - it's no wonder we've lost thousands upon thousands of fans.

The part I agree with PB though is we still should have some degree of hope that this can get better. Let's face it, expectation is so low due to the squad, I'd be "happy" to be safe to some extent. Few late loan signings could change things, we've seen teams do well with less - another reference to that local rival, who's success has magnified our own mistakes.

Maybe the hope could be those owners leaving. Looking forward rather than backwards is necessary IMO - a Blackburn Rovers with fans behind it (despite the owners) is a more attractive proposition to potential new owners than the alternative.

I admire your optimism but I just don't see any hope whatsoever whilst they are here. They just haven't learnt from their gross errors. What was it the matriarch said about eight out of ten decisions? The Seneca bid was at least from people who know the situation and the distinct possibility of the majority of fans coming back when we are shut of the fools. Out of all the mistakes they have made that rejection (and lies about it) by them is up there with the worst.

Archived