BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

With the last 6 years 'spiral of decline' it is a miracle we are still, at least, in the Championship - one very unlikely promotion back to the Premiership. So we just have to cling on his season. Coyle will be gone within 18 months max.

IF ONLY they would just cut their losses and stay home. Leave us to resurrect the Club. Uncle Jack's work is at least 45% wasted.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No he will earn more corn by taking us down. That's his brief. Sell all current saleable assets, bring on the youth to squeak out extra income as they attract suitors and bring in the cheapest players who have a reputation in the game and look like they are going to make the difference when in reality they have had their day as clubs releasing them recognise

Let's hope the pointless money wasting exercise of moving the TV gantry is a part of that plan so the ground looks better at the tea party back in India. They have a lot of rich associates so you never know, once assets are cashed and the youth team fills the field it might be time to move it all on for a more reasonable price. Maybe Paris will buy us !

Just on the train to London and heard from an agent (sat opposite) that Duffy is off to Celtic.

Meanwhile Coyle says in LT we can't stop other clubs bidding instead of he's not for sale unless his value is met. Alongside that, Wes Brown continues to train with the club.

With the last 6 years 'spiral of decline' it is a miracle we are still, at least, in the Championship - one very unlikely promotion back to the Premiership. So we just have to cling on his season. Coyle will be gone within 6 months max.

IF ONLY they would just cut their losses and stay home. Leave us to resurrect the Club. Uncle Jack's work is at least 45% wasted.

fixed it for you

Just on the train to London and heard from an agent (sat opposite) that Duffy is off to Celtic.

I would be surprised if Celtic coughed up for Duffy now, having just signed Kolo Toure. They had been linked with Shane all summer but didn't put a bid in. Unless of course the supposed rejected bid from Brighton is Rovers' way of letting Celtic know what the ball park figure is?

Let's hope the pointless money wasting exercise of moving the TV gantry is a part of that plan so the ground looks better at the tea party back in India. They have a lot of rich associates so you never know, once assets are cashed and the youth team fills the field it might be time to move it all on for a more reasonable price. Maybe Paris will buy us !

You'd think that if they really are billionaires with their fingers in so many pies as they claim - poultry, pharmaceuticals, medicines, media etc. - that they would mix with some real big hitters in Indian business and would have countless associates who they could bring in to the fold and help with the club.

They moan about FFP rules as a reason why they can't spend more money (convenient excuse), and yet as the only wholly Indian owned football club in England I would have thought there would be countless opportunities for major Indian companies to 'do them a favour' and sponsor the club to boost their presence in England, especially with the number of Indians in the local area.

In many ways like we're seeing with some major Chinese companies buying the likes of Villa and Wolves to boost their presence in the UK and develop football back home, I'm sure there would be Indian groups looking to do the same who could either take the club off Venkys hands or go into partnership with them, or at the very least enter into some very lucrative sponsorship deals with the club to provide a much needed boost to the clubs coffers.

After 6 years they haven't had a sponsorship deal with a single Indian company. That tells me they either don't have friends in high places and aren't the high flyers they think they are, or they are deliberately avoiding support and help from other companies.

You'd think that if they really are billionaires with their fingers in so many pies as they claim - poultry, pharmaceuticals, medicines, media etc. - that they would mix with some real big hitters in Indian business and would have countless associates who they could bring in to the fold and help with the club.

They moan about FFP rules as a reason why they can't spend more money (convenient excuse), and yet as the only wholly Indian owned football club in England I would have thought there would be countless opportunities for major Indian companies to 'do them a favour' and sponsor the club to boost their presence in England, especially with the number of Indians in the local area.

In many ways like we're seeing with some major Chinese companies buying the likes of Villa and Wolves to boost their presence in the UK and develop football back home, I'm sure there would be Indian groups looking to do the same who could either take the club off Venkys hands or go into partnership with them, or at the very least enter into some very lucrative sponsorship deals with the club to provide a much needed boost to the clubs coffers.

After 6 years they haven't had a sponsorship deal with a single Indian company. That tells me they either don't have friends in high places and aren't the high flyers they think they are, or they are deliberately avoiding support and help from other companies.

Very, very good point!!!

It is odd they've never taken a proper sponsor on board until the dafabet thing. On the billionaire front you'd think when FFP struck or well before it they could have written off what they've so called lent the club or paid off the external debt themselves which was about 10 mill at the time therefore putting the club on a sound financial footing but no.

And on the associates front you may be right as wasn't their original involvement with tantric because they wanted to rub shoulders with stars in public to get themselves in the spotlight. So called to promote the business but ego driven really using the business for their means and not the other way around.

Yet still no money for transfers in ? I'm just praying it's what I thought when that Pascha first turned up that the idea is to condense it down, cut costs and sell.

Coyle desperately needs to pull a couple of surprise transfers out of the bag this week.

Heading close to the season opener and the squad is miles away from where it should be.

Agree - put it this way we are 5 days before the opening game of the season and we have only 2 centre backs and 2 strikers!

Also Brown isn't the answer - read in the LT he has been out injured with a calf injury. The guy must match Grella for unfitness, definitely not an option I'd want to take. Effectively it'd leave us still desperately short at the back.

Even getting a few new people in these positions now, we are playing catch up, as it'll take people time to adjust. One or two you can get away with but we're talking about much larger numbers than this.

Agree - put it this way we are 5 days before the opening game of the season and we have only 2 centre backs and 2 strikers!

Also Brown isn't the answer - read in the LT he has been out injured with a calf injury. The guy must match Grella for unfitness, definitely not an option I'd want to take. Effectively it'd leave us still desperately short at the back.

Even getting a few new people in these positions now, we are playing catch up, as it'll take people time to adjust. One or two you can get away with but we're talking about much larger numbers than this.

Spot on.

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail and all that.

Think I read in a weekend paper that Derby turned down£1 million from Fulham for Forsyth.but could be just a rumour.

You're right.

As I don't believe we'll shell that amount of cash out the only chance we have on that deal is if it's woth Marshall going the other way plus cash.

Good deal for Venky's, sh1te for the fans.

Forsyth's a LB isn't he? Makes the loan signing of the former world snooker champion look even more odd. Some might say dodgy.

What's more odd to me is playing Henley left back, a guy who really struggles at right back despite being a right back and is total pants at LB despite him trying his best. Add in an average to poor defensive mid playing RB.

Until we have a manager who gets these basics correct we'll be all over the shop at the back.

Farcical but playing players adds to their book value I suppose............

So they missed him and should have moved swiftly onto the next one. Unless of course he has one ready and the clowns won't get back in touch.

If Hendrie had come to play or cover at LB he should be in there in pre season getting ready.

What's more odd to me is playing Henley left back, a guy who really struggles at right back despite being a right back and is total pants at LB despite him trying his best. Add in an average to poor defensive mid playing RB.

Until we have a manager who gets these basics correct we'll be all over the shop at the back.

Farcical but playing players adds to their book value I suppose............

I think Henley is in the same boat as Lowe. As a product of the academy 'they' are desperate for him to succeed and nail down a regular starting berth in the team. Henley has been very poor at RB for a long time, hence having to play midfielders there instead of him. They seem to have now accepted that he's not good enough to play at Right Back, and that Lowe needs to play there if he's going to be a starter and be the new captain, so they are trying to kill two birds with one stone and sort out the Left Back problem whilst finding somewhere to play Henley hoping that he has a good season and then can be the next up and coming player to be sold for a few million.

The decision to start the last couple of friendlies with Henley at left back rather than Hendrie is alarming. I can only hope it is due to Hendrie's fitness rather than the plan going forward.

The full back situation has been a problem for years now and it still doesn't seem anywhere near being sorted. Our only natural right back is being played at left back and right back is being occupied by midfielders. At the start of last season we had Olsson, Spurr and Kilgallon all capable, proven, reliable left backs to pick from, they've all been let go and not been replaced. I can't begin to understand why Kilgallon was released given the exodus of defenders over the last few windows.

Just no plan whatsoever but swapping and changing managers, coaches and directors there never will be because everyone that comes in has a different agenda.

Most annoying thing is we as regular fans know these two aren't good enough to prosper in this division we've seen enough of them in the last 3 or 4 years. Just going around in circles when another new gaffer comes in and thinks I must play these lads and see what they can do.

Then they wonder why people are sick of paying to watch this farce unfold, same crap different day, chapter 5.

What's more odd to me is playing Henley left back, a guy who really struggles at right back despite being a right back and is total pants at LB despite him trying his best.

Another square peg round hole, Rovers insist on playing him fullback yet her played in midfield all through his school years

Another square peg round hole, Rovers insist on playing him fullback yet her played in midfield all through his school years

Yeh but to some people, playing players out of position is okay. Some players need to adapt, because you cant leave them out (Lowe)

Surely Hendrie has been at ewood suffcient time this pre-season to be fit by now. Maybe he's just crap which he would have to be to worse than Henley. The mind boggles at the nonsense Ewood merry-go-round.

Why exactly did we sign him? Are we back to doing favors and just signing anybody that moves?

Archived