BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

The amount of money we've brought in over the last couple of years doesn't even come close to the amount we spent/lost in the first two years of being in the championship. Costs were dangerously out of control. You therefore need to have a very clever board that can help keep the financial side of the club on a good footing whilst also having a competitive squad. Unfortunately, we lost that outstanding board about 6 months into Venky's reign...

Yep and whose fault was that

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cat A for Norwich

That Brown Nose must think everyone's on his size of wage.

£10 at Chorley v FC United.

Plus Norwich is Cat A game so not as many spot buys. Cluelesst his lot. To get the season off I'd have made tickets in Jack Walker £15. If I were a player and its empty on the first game against a premier league team, I'd say bugger it...

Rovers will be lucky to have 8,000 home fans turning up on Saturday.....sad.

Nicko saying Greer is done.

More in the pipeline.

will bring experience to the squad and leadership.

A ok signing

Blackburn. Three domestic loan strikers on short list plus foreign one. Plus two left back options. May get a lot of answers this week.

Nicko.

we need 3 or 4 in this week for sure.

But its down to the owners to back the manager with some funds. that's the biggest problem

Greer is in to replace Hanley, not to replace Kilgallon. I doubt we'll bring in another centre half this window (unless Duffy goes). Maybe a left back that can step in at CB if necessary. Awful business really but what do we expect? Not saying Greer is a poor player, but replacing our twenty-four year old club captain with someone over ten years his senior and released by one of our league rivals is pretty shocking.

As for Nicko's comments. We've heard it all before this window. So Owen Coyle should have 3+ players on his shortlist. We have a paper-thin squad so we need bodies in. I'm not going to get excited or praise him for these mystery players we probably won't even sign. Some people on Twitter/FB will be creaming themselves over the prospect of Prem loans. Remember when we were a Premier League club? Feels like an age ago.

I think Coyle will be looking to bring in a centre back. Not sure Wharton is ready to be 4th choice.

Nicko isn't the problem but the owners and their lack of pace authorising transfers and having a CEO they trust in and around Ewood Park/Brockhall to do this for them!

A ok signing

But its down to the owners to back the manager with some funds. that's the biggest problem

I think Coyle will be looking to bring in a centre back. Not sure Wharton is ready to be 4th choice.

Nicko isn't the problem but the owners and their lack of pace authorising transfers and having a CEO they trust in and around Ewood Park/Brockhall to do this for them!

Agree with the whole lot there, chaddy. I don't blame Nicko or even Coyle. Nicko is just saying what Coyle tells him, Coyle will want to get players in, but the Venky's are utterly useless in every capacity so unless a player costs nothing it's unlikely to happen. And even if he costs nothing everything has to be given a green light from India, which isn't as easy as it sounds. Truly a shambles.

(edit) Ps I know Coyle might want to bring in a CB but I don't think he will be able to. Other positions have priority at the moment and I see him struggling to fill them as it is!

The feckless fools of Pune think it is good business sense to lower the quality of the product, to reduce marketing to a thin stream of shrill gibbering, to appoint a buffoon and known liar as manager, to operate without the requisite corporate governance and in clear default of the rules of competition, to maintain matchday prices at effectively the same level as for a Premier League ticket five years ago, treat all concerned with the enterprise with disrespect and disdain, and then still expect the people of Blackburn to turn up in their droves.

WHY? In what other business could anyone do this and expect anything other than a one fingered salute as we turn our backs whilst walking away?

I can't think of one.

Goons.

A ok signing

Why do you bother repeating this carp like a stuck record? We already know... we heard you the first time,. and the second, third, fourth, fifth... blah blah

Agree with the whole lot there, chaddy. I don't blame Nicko or even Coyle. Nicko is just saying what Coyle tells him, Coyle will want to get players in, but the Venky's are utterly useless in every capacity so unless a player costs nothing it's unlikely to happen. And even if he costs nothing everything has to be given a green light from India, which isn't as easy as it sounds. Truly a shambles.

(edit) Ps I know Coyle might want to bring in a CB but I don't think he will be able to. Other positions have priority at the moment and I see him struggling to fill them as it is!

Mustard / Chaddy. I know that both of you have your hearts in the right place but we must understand that Venkys are desperate and I mean desperate for cash. They need to get the share price up and they are currently offering free shares to current Share holders and for the moment this is working but in my view not sustainable long term. I believe that they are currently in turmoil as a company (not surprising) but the result "we" as a football team, minor player in their empire are insignificant. Why they don't sell us, is unfathomable given the circumstances but?

Result is no cash for their vanity project.

Best thing that can happen is that they see through their advisers and their scams and either sell us or walk away and put us into administration. The first option would be best but the second would also be acceptable long term as it gets the idiots out of our club.

Mustard / Chaddy. I know that both of you have your hearts in the right place but we must understand that Venkys are desperate and I mean desperate for cash. They need to get the share price up and they are currently offering free shares to current Share holders and for the moment this is working but in my view not sustainable long term. I believe that they are currently in turmoil as a company (not surprising) but the result "we" as a football team, minor player in their empire are insignificant. Why they don't sell us, is unfathomable given the circumstances but?

Best thing that can happen is that they see through their advisers and their scams and either sell us or walk away and put us into administration. The first option would be best but the second would also be acceptable long term as it gets the idiots out of our club.

Oh, I know mate. I'm aware of how doom and gloom our future looks. I'm hardly one of the most optimistic posters on here haha. I agreed with chaddy on what we need as a squad, but I'm not expecting much to happen on that front. Maybe a loan or two if we are lucky.

Fingers crossed Venky's are looking at bailing one way or another.

I would think they'll run that chicken business into the dirt sooner or later unless they get reigned in. Big turnover and big market share but built heavily on debt so it's foundations could soon turn to sand once it started struggling. They are meant to have a fair cash pile and other stuff but it wouldn't be enough to bail out all their ailing businesses.

Also rumours of turmoil with the land they so called borrow against to fund Rovers. With a change to the Indian banking system it could pull the rug out from under everything. There has to be a reason they've went to ground last summer and still haven't emerged.

Maybe their bank is running the show completely now so I wouldn't be hoping for any proper incomings.

If Greer is coming in as back up then I think its a safe and decent addition, although I remain baffled as to why we allowed Kilgallon to go who is both younger and more versatile than Greer and who has been steady when called upon over the last 3 years.

If Greer is coming in as Hanley's replacement then we will still need another. As far as I am concerned if we're playing 2 CBs every game then we need 4 to call upon over the course of a season, bringing in Greer would take us to 3. That's assuming we manage to keep Duffy.

Can only assume Greer is cheaper than Kilgallon

Rovers have to start all over again, Venkys go bankrupt------I could live with that!

A ok signing

The do not do CEOs - it's not there way. They use 'servants'. They think that they can manage themselves in a business they know nothing about and in which they have no established long terms 'trusted' contacts.

Grasp and understand that and it will dawn on you the s-hite Rovers are in.

will bring experience to the squad and leadership. (Greer)

A ok signing

Far too slow except in an emergency Legs have gone completely. A desperation signing. Needs to bring his pension book. Sorry but just not good enough.

Why on Earth they let Kilgallon go to sign this guy I have no idea.

Someone said one possible reason to release Kilgallon whilst signing Greer was due to finances, in that Kilgallon was costing too much to be 3rd choice CB whilst Greer is affordable.

I'd like to know how that stacks up with Kilgallon subsequently joining Bradford, who have no money in the division below. If we're offering less than Bradford then we have got serious problems.

Someone said one possible reason to release Kilgallon whilst signing Greer was due to finances, in that Kilgallon was costing too much to be 3rd choice CB whilst Greer is affordable.

I'd like to know how that stacks up with Kilgallon subsequently joining Bradford, who have no money in the division below. If we're offering less than Bradford then we have got serious problems.

Not uncommon for a contract to include conditions for an extension - Rovers might have been obligated (legally) to offer certain terms to renew.

Another angle might be contract length - has he got 3 years at Bradford?

Greer was captain of a Brighton side that finished 3rd and could have been promoted on the last day.

He played 26 times including both Playoff Semi Finals. Kilgallon played 11 times all season (including sub appearances) and actually had his better games at left back!

Also is a current Scottish international.

Ok he's 35, but as a short term fix, I think he's a solid sigining.

I expect him and Faissal El Bakwhateverhisnameis will sign this week.

Killa came from a Prem bench and I'm sure he it was shown somewhere he was on at least 15k pwk. No doubt there was bonuses etc on top of that as well. A good signing but never used properly he should really have been the no 1 centre half after Dann went, maybe it was down to appearance related wages he was used so sparingly.

Greer was at Brighton a while so he was probably on modest more money when he first went there and at his age now he'll probably accept something reasonable. They way it works at rovers though we are probably going to pay him more than Killgalon via another agent stich up !

Greer was captain of a Brighton side that finished 3rd and could have been promoted on the last day.

He played 26 times including both Playoff Semi Finals. Kilgallon played 11 times all season (including sub appearances) and actually had his better games at left back!

Also is a current Scottish international.

Ok he's 35, but as a short term fix, I think he's a solid sigining.

I expect him and Faissal El Bakwhateverhisnameis will sign this week.

Did you go to the match on Saturday and see Greer play? I did and he is just not good enough. If you went then I accept your opinion otherwise I will stick to mine. I hope we sign Faissal as he sounds a good prospect but must admit that I have not yet seen him play.

Thought the were due to make decision on El Bhaktoui on sunday evening? Apparently he was still training with us today. Seems the closer we get to kick off without signing anyone, the more likely it is we might take a chance on him.

Only way that stacks up is if Greer is not 3rd choice but second...

I'd still rather have had Kilgallon though.

Archived