SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

It wasn't just Modeste, they were all crap. If Anichebe can get real on his wages then I'd say we'd almost have to gamble on that one, desperate times and all that...

I agree we're in desperate times, but we only have one proper striker at the moment and he's known to be somewhat injury prone himself. Not sure we want two strikers on fairly big wages who may both spend more time on the treatment table than on the pitch.

I just did a bit of an experiment and typed in "Scotlands top scorer"....2nd to Leigh Griffiths is a lad called Kane Hemmings at Dundee who looks like he's scored a good number of goals for a shyte team.

I tap his name into google and he's just signed for Oxford. WTF? How can we have some no mark from Dumfermiline here for 2 weeks and then lose him to Dundee, who are replacing the guy who we should really have been in for,..................

Who are the scouts???

A firm formerly known as SEM probably. Whoever they are at Rovers the job is to find homes and wages for people no one else wants first and foremost it seems !

Can't see any further incomings possibly a very very cheap striking option of which we've just lost out on one to Dundee unless there are more departures.

We really need are going to struggle unless there's a quick change in policy

(Greer)

Not my view Al. Will bring Experience and leader and players like Wharton can learn a lot from him.

I think he a decent signing. and Yes I was at the Girona and Blackpool games

Well we'll have to differ Chaddy. I sincerely hope you are right but the evidence of my eyes says that he is well past it.

Anyone think Brown is here to stay and they are just waiting to announce it sometime behind a bit of rare good news ,say if we get a decent result on Sat.

Touch of the Feeneys about this one.

I thought that. We'll be so desperate to announce a signing that they'll push Brown out in his wheelchair at the eleventh hour.

Personally and I know many here will disagree... Anichebe (released yesterday) would be a bloody good signing if possible. Believe he was on big wages at WBA but so far the only clubs linked are Brum and Derby. If he's going to step down to the championship then he's going to have to get realistic with his wage demands. I've always thought at Champ level he'd do very well and although I've heard stuff about his attitude... We can't exactly be picky.

Totally agree. He has fitness concerns but if you can get him out on the pitch playing with confidence he's as good as any at this level.

Hoilett's a shell of the player he was when he was here. A lot of talent sucked away by greed. He can stay well away.

To be fair, Modeste was crap during his brief spell with us. From recollection a red card was the highlight - though in his defence, Kean was manager at the time. Sanogo scored 3 in 8 for Charlton when he was briefly on loan there last season, could be worth a shout. As a replacement for Jackson he'd be a huge improvement.

Anichebe's problem is fitness, rather than talent. Massively injury prone and will likely want a significant wage even if he drops his demands. Not sure it's worth the risk.

Modeste deliberately got himself sent off, because he didnt want anything to do with Kean

So basically you're wishing we had signed a player who everyone in league football above Oxford United didn't want to sign?

Wow!! I have no words...

No I'm saying that this guy on paper looks better than they guy from dumfermiline, so why didn't we take him on trial instead of?

I just did a bit of an experiment and typed in "Scotlands top scorer"....2nd to Leigh Griffiths is a lad called Kane Hemmings at Dundee who looks like he's scored a good number of goals for a shyte team.

I tap his name into google and he's just signed for Oxford. WTF? How can we have some no mark from Dumfermiline here for 2 weeks and then lose him to Dundee, who are replacing the guy who we should really have been in for,..................

Who are the scouts???

Abbey, Al, Parson and Stuart :D

Exactly,who are the scouts??

Ive said it before,and Ill say it again,for all the cost-cutting under Gary Bowyer he had no problem getting the numbers in,even if it was a scattergun approach. Some turned out to be bargain signings-forget about the results on the pitch! This guy Coyle struggles to get the numbers in. Or is he more discriminating than Bowyer? I doubt he can afford to be.

Bamford would be excellent. We desperately need a couple of loans of that quality to make the season palatable. Tbh coyle not doing too well so far. The leftback seems poor. Feeney is and always will be poor, not convinced about Stokes or byrne. Only decent one is Graham and that was given him on a plate. Greer is an ok signing.

With Faisal El B we didn't miss out on him, coyle, rightly or wrongly didn't think he was ready, there's plenty of reason to give stick without inventing them. With Brown, he's still around cos he's not been fit, I think if we did sign him they'd make out it was a coup rather than try to hide it. Players like him and anichbe might not be bad on appearance based contracts.

What's the word on Traore from Chelsea? Sounds like a real player if optimistic

Archived