BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Sanogo is crap. Did sod all at Charlton on loan and even less at Palace before that.

Will be bombed out at Arsenal soon enough and will end up at a low end French club, probably in the 2nd tier. We'd probably have to cough up big wages as well for his Chris Brown strike rate.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to see Junior Hoilett back in midfield since QPR let him go, get Samba back in centre back as I believe he is also out of contract, and lastly find another striker. The club probably couldn't afford any of the wages though.

Greer may be the best defender at the club at the moment. He is very experienced and just what we need at the back with Duffy. Welcome Gordon!

Still expect some signing tomorrow.

You expect some signings tomorrow based on something you've heard? Or based on the fact the season is 3 days away and our squad is wafer thin?

I would like to see Junior Hoilett back in midfield since QPR let him go, get Samba back in centre back as I believe he is also out of contract, and lastly find another striker. The club probably couldn't afford any of the wages though.

How depressing to think that we can't afford the wages of the likes of Samba and Hoilett. We probably created these wage-hungry monsters so I not sure whether that makes us the victims or the villains?

Sanogo poor? He would be a Quality loan. Tall and got pace and why did a club like Arsenal sign him? Get him in!!

Sorry neophox, I normally tend to agree with your posts but Sanogo couldn't hit a cow's a**e with a banjo which, for a striker, is not a good trait to have....

Sorry neophox, I normally tend to agree with your posts but Sanogo couldn't hit a cow's a**e with a banjo which, for a striker, is not a good trait to have....

We should have taken a chance on Odemwingie, or asked about Tokelo Rantie. Heck, we should have taken a chance on Faissel Mcdonalds, because its not like we would have paid a fee for him so no risk.

I remember when everyone said Modeste was crap... I'd give Sanogo a chance if we have no other options.

Yep Kalanic was crap as was Graham before he pitched up, oh and that Rhodes :o:lol:

Fact is Lenny Johnrose or Jemal Johnson would be an improvement to this team alongside DG, we need to take a punt on someone pretty quick.

Yep Kalanic was crap as was Graham before he pitched up, oh and that Rhodes :o:lol:

Fact is Lenny Johnrose or Jemal Johnson would be an improvement to this team alongside DG, we need to take a punt on someone pretty quick.

Lenny was streets ahead of JJ, and looked like a decent prospect at the start.

JJ did nowt.

Personally and I know many here will disagree... Anichebe (released yesterday) would be a bloody good signing if possible. Believe he was on big wages at WBA but so far the only clubs linked are Brum and Derby. If he's going to step down to the championship then he's going to have to get realistic with his wage demands. I've always thought at Champ level he'd do very well and although I've heard stuff about his attitude... We can't exactly be picky.

Lenny was streets ahead of JJ, and looked like a decent prospect at the start.

JJ did nowt.

Aye JJ he was another young upstart like Henley who thought he was the dogs whatsits before he'd proved anything. Always like Lenny till he went to the dark side and slagged us off.

Point is either of them would walk in this team now :(

Personally and I know many here will disagree... Anichebe (released yesterday) would be a bloody good signing if possible. Believe he was on big wages at WBA but so far the only clubs linked are Brum and Derby. If he's going to step down to the championship then he's going to have to get realistic with his wage demands. I've always thought at Champ level he'd do very well and although I've heard stuff about his attitude... We can't exactly be picky.

I think he could do a job in the championship. Wages will probably be an issue but if he was willing to lower his wages, I'd take a punt on him.

I'd question fitness above attitude, but yes definitely worth it on a free. Wages? Who knows.

• Backroom

If Hoilett has any sense he would run back here.

Hoilett's a shell of the player he was when he was here. A lot of talent sucked away by greed. He can stay well away.

I remember when everyone said Modeste was crap... I'd give Sanogo a chance if we have no other options.

To be fair, Modeste was crap during his brief spell with us. From recollection a red card was the highlight - though in his defence, Kean was manager at the time. Sanogo scored 3 in 8 for Charlton when he was briefly on loan there last season, could be worth a shout. As a replacement for Jackson he'd be a huge improvement.

Anichebe's problem is fitness, rather than talent. Massively injury prone and will likely want a significant wage even if he drops his demands. Not sure it's worth the risk.

Unfortunately Berg, Short and Moran had played their careers at a higher level that Greer, so when old Father Time started to take effect they dropped down a level and coped.

This is Greer's level anyway so there has to be a worry that any deterioration will see him struggle. Remember Henchoz's second spell.

Stil, we are struggling to find anyone cheap (free) so he's got to be worth a chance to bolster a wafer-thin squad.

But when we went back up they more than coped again! Moran the second best centre-back we ever had!

Hoilett's a shell of the player he was when he was here. A lot of talent sucked away by greed. He can stay well away.

To be fair, Modeste was crap during his brief spell with us. From recollection a red card was the highlight - though in his defence, Kean was manager at the time. Sanogo scored 3 in 8 for Charlton when he was briefly on loan there last season, could be worth a shout. As a replacement for Jackson he'd be a huge improvement.

Anichebe's problem is fitness, rather than talent. Massively injury prone and will likely want a significant wage even if he drops his demands. Not sure it's worth the risk.

It wasn't just Modeste, they were all crap. If Anichebe can get real on his wages then I'd say we'd almost have to gamble on that one, desperate times and all that...

I just did a bit of an experiment and typed in "Scotlands top scorer"....2nd to Leigh Griffiths is a lad called Kane Hemmings at Dundee who looks like he's scored a good number of goals for a shyte team.

I tap his name into google and he's just signed for Oxford. WTF? How can we have some no mark from Dumfermiline here for 2 weeks and then lose him to Dundee, who are replacing the guy who we should really have been in for,..................

Who are the scouts???

I just did a bit of an experiment and typed in "Scotlands top scorer"....2nd to Leigh Griffiths is a lad called Kane Hemmings at Dundee who looks like he's scored a good number of goals for a shyte team.

I tap his name into google and he's just signed for Oxford. WTF? How can we have some no mark from Dumfermiline here for 2 weeks and then lose him to Dundee, who are replacing the guy who we should really have been in for,..................

Who are the scouts???

So basically you're wishing we had signed a player who everyone in league football above Oxford United didn't want to sign?

Wow!! I have no words...

Archived