BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Greer is coming in as back up then I think its a safe and decent addition, although I remain baffled as to why we allowed Kilgallon to go who is both younger and more versatile than Greer and who has been steady when called upon over the last 3 years.

If Greer is coming in as Hanley's replacement then we will still need another. As far as I am concerned if we're playing 2 CBs every game then we need 4 to call upon over the course of a season, bringing in Greer would take us to 3. That's assuming we manage to keep Duffy.

Another square peg round hole, Rovers insist on playing him fullback yet her played in midfield all through his school years

For someone who's a confidence player as well a few roastings at LB in early league games is the last thing he needs. Way to build him back up is play him as many times as possible in his natural position in pre season. then he might get back into the groove.

Hope to get 20 games each out of the old legs instead of buying a replacement for Hanley probably. Thing is though they'll both want a decent wage and if we hand out 2 year deals to them you just know we are being bent over and greased up again by hidden influences.

If Greer is coming in as back up then I think its a safe and decent addition, although I remain baffled as to why we allowed Kilgallon to go who is both younger and more versatile than Greer and who has been steady when called upon over the last 3 years.

If Greer is coming in as Hanley's replacement then we will still need another. As far as I am concerned if we're playing 2 CBs every game then we need 4 to call upon over the course of a season, bringing in Greer would take us to 3. That's assuming we manage to keep Duffy.

Spot on. I would add that Greer has been more consistent and played more than Kilgallon over the last few years, so IF he has come in for Killa then it is an improvement.

However, if he's Hanley's replacement then we are really stuffed. A downgrade in quality AND issues on longevity - if Hanley's replacement then probably in a year or so we'll be looking for another replacement for Hanley.

Blackburn. Three domestic loan strikers on short list plus foreign one. Plus two left back options. May get a lot of answers this week.

Nicko.

Loans loans loans. Looks like the only business Venkys will let Coyle do is borrowing from other clubs. Very risky and very short term.

Nicko's usual Monday i'll get the Blackburn fans reading all week shmultz.

By Weds it'll be just waiting for the go ahead from India........... By Sat 3pm - still waiting. Then he'll do a bit about Coyles attempts being frustrated due to budget cuts in his Sunday rag.

The Pied Piper of Partick !

Yep. Nixon's doing his old friend a favour. Keep the Blackburn fans dangling. Say there are numerous decent players waiting in the wings that Coyle has managed to persuade to join the club. Fans then eagerly await their arrivals. The days tick by. Coyle is given the benefit of the doubt and is lauded as doing the best he can in difficult circumstances, Venkys get all the blame when players don't arrive. Don't blame Coyle - he did his part but Venkys wouldn't back him with money.

If/when Coyle leaves the club he can't lose. He inherited a threadbare squad and wasn't given any money to improve it whilst Venkys cashed in on the best players and kept the money. If Rovers stay up many on here will herald it as a good job done (probably rightly so), if we go down then its because the squad wasn't strengthened due to Venkys.

Yep. Nixon's doing his old friend a favour. Keep the Blackburn fans dangling. Say there are numerous decent players waiting in the wings that Coyle has managed to persuade to join the club. Fans then eagerly await their arrivals. The days tick by. Coyle is given the benefit of the doubt and is lauded as doing the best he can in difficult circumstances, Venkys get all the blame when players don't arrive. Don't blame Coyle - he did his part but Venkys wouldn't back him with money.

If/when Coyle leaves the club he can't lose. He inherited a threadbare squad and wasn't given any money to improve it whilst Venkys cashed in on the best players and kept the money. If Rovers stay up many on here will herald it as a good job done (probably rightly so), if we go down then its because the squad wasn't strengthened due to Venkys.

You are an excellent poster JHR and always a good read and not just because I tend to agree with most of what you write.

There now......I can be positive..............feck of Venkys!

I'm not sure it's worth trying to put a positive spin on Hanley being replaced by a 35-36 year old released by Brighton.

And that is exactly whats happened. Greer will be his replacement, even though he has, at best, one more season.

Free transfer to boot. Big tick from Venkys on this one.

You are an excellent poster JHR and always a good read and not just because I tend to agree with most of what you write.

There now......I can be positive..............feck of Venkys!

What about me? Lol ;)

Greer is in to replace Hanley, not to replace Kilgallon. I doubt we'll bring in another centre half this window (unless Duffy goes). Maybe a left back that can step in at CB if necessary. Awful business really but what do we expect? Not saying Greer is a poor player, but replacing our twenty-four year old club captain with someone over ten years his senior and released by one of our league rivals is pretty shocking.

As for Nicko's comments. We've heard it all before this window. So Owen Coyle should have 3+ players on his shortlist. We have a paper-thin squad so we need bodies in. I'm not going to get excited or praise him for these mystery players we probably won't even sign. Some people on Twitter/FB will be creaming themselves over the prospect of Prem loans. Remember when we were a Premier League club? Feels like an age ago.

• Backroom

If we've got Greer, Ward, Duffy and Wharton, I don't see Venky's sanctioning any further purchases in that position. If Duffy leaves he'll probably be replaced by Brown.

The shift from players with resale value to filling up the squad with whatever is floating around at the bottom of the barrel should be setting alarm bells ringing across the fanbase... but are people really paying attention?

Archived