BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

If you read the comments section of the LT you'd be forgiven for thinking we're on a big promotion push.

They're so thick on there that they give pigsh1t a bad name.

I just read that after glancing at an online piece flagged up on twitter as I normally give it a wide berth. It's blatantly obvious on there that a PR mob is at play for Rovers you can tell with the cretinous names they go under. Like the odd ones that pop up on here you can see through it from a thousand paces.

There used to be a group of regular names on there commenting on all things Rovers, often mixed views but mostly balanced. Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of them come from inside LT HQ itself, few extra quid in the direction of some from a media connected agent maybe. The dingle tells it how it actually is but half the comments from Rovers fans are too far fetched even for the most positive fan.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we've got Greer, Ward, Duffy and Wharton, I don't see Venky's sanctioning any further purchases in that position. If Duffy leaves he'll probably be replaced by Brown.

The shift from players with resale value to filling up the squad with whatever is floating around at the bottom of the barrel should be setting alarm bells ringing across the fanbase... but are people really paying attention?

Don't forget Lenihan who can play there. As you say, not a chance we'll be bringing in another CB after Greer...unless Duffy goes, which I grant you is quite likely. In that event, welcome Wes Brown.

Greer in talks about a deal. Impressed Coyle according to radio Lancashire.

Saw him a lot last season, definitely has one more year at this level.

Didn't impress me. Legs have gone and too slow. I don't like his Andrews style pointing either.

Didn't impress me. Legs have gone and too slow. I don't like his Andrews style pointing either.

That's what we said, his legs look small and weak for a center half, then we spotted how old he was and came to the conclusion his legs have gone.

I fully expect Brown to sign as well. And it wouldn't surprise me if it's with a view to a coaching role.

Not being willing to sign players permanently on any sort of long term deal is hopefully part of an exit strategy on behalf of Venky's. Any normal owners and you'd say it was, but Venky's are beyond logic.

Blackburn. Three domestic loan strikers on short list plus foreign one. Plus two left back options. May get a lot of answers this week.

Nicko.

Nixon selling papers again. He knows stuff all.

He's always been incredibly slow. His game is all about positional sense and playing as a defensive unit hence the constant pointing.

Nixon selling papers again. He knows stuff all.

If Venky's didn't approve the Giles Barnes signing then why does Nicko think they'll approve these signings? Doesn't make sense to me.

He's always been incredibly slow. His game is all about positional sense and playing as a defensive unit hence the constant pointing.

If Venky's didn't approve the Giles Barnes signing then why does Nicko think they'll approve these signings? Doesn't make sense to me.

Are these loans and Giles was a 'signing'? Nothing really makes sense under Venkys.

As i said in an earlier post, think about, and look closely. All the players that were worth something, have been sold, or are being looked at in terms of being sold.

Olsson

Cairney

Rhodes

Hanley

Possible

Duffy

Marshall

Conway

Then think why the likes of Akpan, Lowe, Henley etc are not looked at. They wont fetch much, if any. Its clear there are dark forces still at work here, because we have brought in a crap load of money, and still wont spend a single penny on buying a player. Ridiculous

Are these loans and Giles was a 'signing'? Nothing really makes sense under Venkys.

Yes, you could well be right. I presume it's ok to sign a player as long as there is no transfer fee involved. That's prob why we were able to signed Feeney and Graham permanently, but not Barnes.

As i said in an earlier post, think about, and look closely. All the players that were worth something, have been sold, or are being looked at in terms of being sold.

Olsson

Cairney

Rhodes

Hanley

Possible

Duffy

Marshall

Conway

Then think why the likes of Akpan, Lowe, Henley etc are not looked at. They wont fetch much, if any. Its clear there are dark forces still at work here, because we have brought in a crap load of money, and still wont spend a single penny on buying a player. Ridiculous

The amount of money we've brought in over the last couple of years doesn't even come close to the amount we spent/lost in the first two years of being in the championship. Costs were dangerously out of control. You therefore need to have a very clever board that can help keep the financial side of the club on a good footing whilst also having a competitive squad. Unfortunately, we lost that outstanding board about 6 months into Venky's reign...

Just been reading Gordon Greer's thank-you to Brighton and the fans in the Argus(local paper) back in May, didn't realise he was their captain

for the last 6 years, he sounds a really decent type, quiet off the pitch, no social media cr*p for him, but comes to life on it.

Had a good read at the fans comments underneath, boy did they love him !

Need to hope his legs, haven't gone, and he just needs time to get properly up to speed.

I'd have him as captain over Lowe or any of the others come to that.

Blackburn. Three domestic loan strikers on short list plus foreign one. Plus two left back options. May get a lot of answers this week.

Nicko.

Hahaha..... I'll give you this, the comment made me laugh out loud on the train home.

Just been reading Gordon Greer's thank-you to Brighton and the fans in the Argus(local paper) back in May, didn't realise he was their captain

for the last 6 years, he sounds a really decent type, quiet off the pitch, no social media cr*p for him, but comes to life on it.

Had a good read at the fans comments underneath, boy did they love him !

Need to hope his legs, haven't gone, and he just needs time to get properly up to speed.

I'd have him as captain over Lowe or any of the others come to that.

Yeah, I like the sound of Greer, seems a good sort to have around.

I don't wade into the transfer rumours generally (as they're not doable under this regime) but a double loan swoop for Everton's Hibbert and Osman would get 2 more good lads through the door. Obviously there's no chance of it.

Have you noticed how many Scottish guys we have either signed or got on loan

My guess is that Koyley thinks we are Raith Rovers!

And the gates will be about the same.......

VENKYSOUT

Greer. Hendrie. Who else?

Stokes and Byrne are Irish - which would accord with Coyle being a former ROI international.

Have you noticed how many Scottish guys we have either signed or got on loan

My guess is that Koyley thinks we are Raith Rovers!

And the gates will be about the same.......

VENKYSOUT

Raith Rovers ?

More like we are going the way of good old Third Lanark FC (Google them if you have never heard of them....after something like 90 years they went bust due to rogue owners.....a sad sad story).

Mate was speaking to Ward today... Didn't realise that we'd only sold 7500 ST's!

Plus Norwich is Cat A game so not as many spot buys. Cluelesst his lot. To get the season off I'd have made tickets in Jack Walker £15. If I were a player and its empty on the first game against a premier league team, I'd say bugger it...

Archived