BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Moderation Lead

At least Marshall and Duffy want to stay at least. Good to hear

They might do, so did Cairney, but if Venky's want to sell, it's only a matter of time before they are cashed in.....

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 of our most important players (if not the most important) and we haven't even offered them new contracts.

Hey Coyle, why don't you recommend to the owners that they pack their bags and f*** off.

Coyle's first job should have been to sort out players contracts. Has he just "recommended" they're offered new contracts now? What about Cheston, he's the money man? Has he had any input into this farce? If not, why not? Do Venkys make the decisions about absolutely everything?

The shambles that is Blackburn Rovers have painted themselves into a corner on this one. Both players value is dropping and if they wanted to be mercenary (and who could blame them) they could go through the motions until January and then sign pre contract deals with other clubs and probably earn a higher than normal deal as the buying club won'y have to pay a fee. Another scenario could be that given the club might become desperate to sign them they can ask for a lot more than they are worth and a longer deal. Or they could just sell them for a less than their worth and blame the players, trading out the excuse that they made them excellent offers blah, blah, blah. If I was an agent for either of them I would be rubbing my hands right now.

The people who run Blackburn Rovers are insulting each and every one of us on an almost daily basis.

Operation sell Marshall is now in full swing, aided by the Telegraph who act as a mouthpiece for the club's agenda.

Not content with selling Hanley for £5.5 million and pocketing those proceeds, along with the £1.5 million bonus from the Rochina sale, attention has now turned to our few remaining assets to offload.

Presumably Duffy is on the backburner, because even this lot wouldn't be so stupid as to sell both our starting CBs and leave us with 2 senior CBs going into the season. They've probably decided that they can get rid of Marshall and expect around £3 million for him. Someone like Brighton, Wednesday or Wolves might be able to stump up that money.

Now they're advertising his availability, concealed in a story about supposedly offering him a new contract. Ring any bells? Junior Hoilett?

Its really not that difficult. It shouldn't take months to sort out, it shouldn't need the manager to go in the local press and talk about wanting to do it. It should be done and dusted. The only reason it hasn't been is because they don't actually want Marshall to stay. He's next on the diminishing list of players who can be sold for a significant profit.

The shambles that is Blackburn Rovers have painted themselves into a corner on this one. Both players value is dropping and if they wanted to be mercenary (and who could blame them) they could go through the motions until January and then sign pre contract deals with other clubs and probably earn a higher than normal deal as the buying club won'y have to pay a fee. Another scenario could be that given the club might become desperate to sign them they can ask for a lot more than they are worth and a longer deal. Or they could just sell them for a less than their worth and blame the players, trading out the excuse that they made them excellent offers blah, blah, blah. If I was an agent for either of them I would be rubbing my hands right now.

The people who run Blackburn Rovers are insulting each and every one of us on an almost daily basis.

And this is another reason why turning up to Ewood every fortnight to cheer on the lads won't make a scrap of difference.

The real problems are off the field.

Excellent news that both Duffy and Marshall have both publicly said they want to sign new deals.

I said last week that I don't think there is much appetite from the owners and the board to offer them new deals, they'd rather sell them and pocket the money.

I suspect coming out in the press and declaring they want to stay is a tactical ploy to try and force the clubs hand into offering them new deals. Another example of the internal politics at the club, not everyone is pulling in the same direction.

Keep those two and add a few decent loan players and we'll have had an ok window.

Operation sell Marshall is now in full swing, aided by the Telegraph who act as a mouthpiece for the club's agenda.

Not content with selling Hanley for £5.5 million and pocketing those proceeds, along with the £1.5 million bonus from the Rochina sale, attention has now turned to our few remaining assets to offload.

Presumably Duffy is on the backburner, because even this lot wouldn't be so stupid as to sell both our starting CBs and leave us with 2 senior CBs going into the season. They've probably decided that they can get rid of Marshall and expect around £3 million for him. Someone like Brighton, Wednesday or Wolves might be able to stump up that money.

Now they're advertising his availability, concealed in a story about supposedly offering him a new contract. Ring any bells? Junior Hoilett?

Its really not that difficult. It shouldn't take months to sort out, it shouldn't need the manager to go in the local press and talk about wanting to do it. It should be done and dusted. The only reason it hasn't been is because they don't actually want Marshall to stay. He's next on the diminishing list of players who can be sold for a significant profit.

The rag couldn't wait to get the 'Venkys set to offer fresh terms' on the top of that piece yet reading it their is no mention of any offers at all. Just the manager recommending they do and a player rather miffed they haven't.

Disgraceful propaganda tactics from the LT & Wheelbrace yet again, clear what hymn sheet they now sing from.

Excellent news that both Duffy and Marshall have both publicly said they want to sign new deals.

I said last week that I don't think there is much appetite from the owners and the board to offer them new deals, they'd rather sell them and pocket the money.

I suspect coming out in the press and declaring they want to stay is a tactical ploy to try and force the clubs hand into offering them new deals. Another example of the internal politics at the club, not everyone is pulling in the same direction.

Keep those two and add a few decent loan players and we'll have had an ok window.

Maybe the paper clip shuffling accountant/substitute administrator who's pushing to sell everyone.

From Nixon

Blackburn. Prem loan striker looking likely. Down to sorting numbers.

Meaningless dream from Nixon's imagination. If it happens it would be completely co-incidental.

Why do we keep quoting the charlatan?

Meaningless dream from Nixon's imagination. If it happens it would be completely co-incidental.

Keeping the pressure off his mate's shoulders. He knows the team isn't good enough, Coyle knows the team isn't good enough, we know the team isn't good enough.

Nixon knows and Coyle knows that unless incomings happen quickly then pressure will rapidly mount, especially if we get a couple of beatings in the first few games.

By keep dropping these random stories of supposed Premier League forwards on the horizon he can portray Coyle as doing his best and lining up the necessary quality. Then when nothing happens all the blame goes in the direction of India and Coyley is blameless.

(I actually don't blame Coyle either, but its obvious what Nixon is trying to do here)

• Moderation Lead

Indeed, in Nixon's eyes it will never be Coyle's fault. Why would it be, he's his meal ticket!

I can honestly see us getting a bit of a lesson from Norwich, then the pressure being on for the Wigan game and that ending quite badly, with the inexperienced loanees crumbling under pressure.

I obviously hope none of that happens, but we've a paper thin squad light on experience and numbers, which is a recipe for disaster.

On what level does this make sense? None, not at all on a business level, let's just let our assets continue to depreciate...

Lambert must surely have wanted them both signed up in February/March, I wonder if these two and Graham were the straws that broke the camel's back for him...

I don't necessarily blame Coyle for this but he should have been on this from day one (perhaps he was) but Cheston, with his accountants hat on, should have communicated the financial sense of getting them signed up.

It's crazy that I can still be surprised by the idiocy. It's hard to believe that Marshall wants to stay, but he's localish enough for it to make a difference but I bet his agent is pulling his hair out.

An absolute disgrace, we've clearly annoyed Marshall, how can you not have a contract for him to sign

It's just so incompetent from a business point of view, why would you not want to get a sought after player on an extended contract?

It's things like this that blow the conspiracy theories out of the water that this is all calculated, it may very well be that they are just really thick.

why is went you question Nixon on twitter he either ignores you or just blocks people. When did he ever come up with a story that was true, he just copies things of here or twitter then makes out it's his story. Now he's trying to look after his mate Coyle with more bull.

By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.

It's that simple.

Sadly, like a stick of Blackpool rock, I think this is stamped through everything Rovers do, or don't do.

why is went you question Nixon on twitter he either ignores you or just blocks people. When did he ever come up with a story that was true, he just copies things of here or twitter then makes out it's his story. Now he's trying to look after his mate Coyle with more bull.

He is a journalist and writes stories to make money.

My Brother is the same. When he worked for the Daily Sport (true!!) he wrote the "Elvis Found on the Moon" and "Man eaten Alive by Leeches" front pages; I am sure he believed what he wrote after a while. Mind you if Rovers and the LT told that to many of our fans they would believe it was true.

My Brother is the same. When he worked for the Daily Sport (true!!) he wrote the "Elvis Found on the Moon" and "Man eaten Alive by Leeches" front pages; I am sure he believed what he wrote after a while. Mind you if Rovers and the LT told that to many of our fans they would believe it was true.

Yeh but some of our fans believe Venkys are doing a good job, so it doesnt take much to convince them.

I know I'm repeating mysel here, but this episode begs more questions of Chestons position than anything else. If he's not given the responsibility of negotiating players contracts, then what on earth are we doing with a finance man running the show?

Did he do the "Bus found buried at South pole" story?

My personal favourite.

5683217529_a69e93613c_b.jpg

I think you might find that Elvis was found on Mars by the way.

It actually makes it worse for me if they want to stay. Like Tom Cairney, who wanted to stay, and yet was sold against his and his managers wishes to Fulham because of the agenda of people behind the scenes at this club.

It makes it worse because if they were sick and fed up of being here I could accept that and understand it after the way this club has behaved, and yet if they are happy here, and willing to commit to the club, and yet the club still hasn't bothered to make them a contract offer with 10 months left on their contracts, then it is nothing short of criminal.

So when they get sold to rivals in the last week of the transfer window, or in January at the latest, for a couple of million quid each at the most, it will happen DESPITE the players being happy here, and us knowing that we could have kept them here, along with Tom Cairney and presumably many others over the last few years, and yet the incompetent/sinister people running this club are going to ruin our chances of doing that whilst condemning us to the third division.

Wonder how the club will spin it if they do leave?

With Hanley, Coyle said that the player wanted to go and we couldn't stop them.

In making the comments he has, he has put pressure on Venkys to agree these contracts - assuming what they end up offering is acceptable. If they undermine him then he must surely do the Lambert Walk.

(Been dying to get that one in).

I know I'm repeating mysel here, but this episode begs more questions of Chestons position than anything else. If he's not given the responsibility of negotiating players contracts, then what on earth are we doing with a finance man running the show?

Staving off admin probably.

Archived