BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I would hope that at the start of next week we could have real positive dialogue with respect of trying to put something to them that the boys feel good about."

That's not exactly conformation that they'll be offered new deals then.

It seems that some cannot see through the BS. I am totally bemused as to the stupidity of folk

"The one thing I will say for OC is he does say the right things, and seems to be working 24-7 to bring in new players. Like most, I was unsure at first, but, dare I say it, he is beginning to win me over. "

Coyle's telling us nothing in his interview today. We all know that we need extra bodies urgently. We all know what is stopping that happening. My only surprise is he only wants 3. I think we need 5 assuming nobody leaves. Unfortunately talk about trying for players and working within financial parameters won't keep us up this season. Perhaps whoever was interviewing Coyle should have asked him if his financial parameters include the £7 million received in the last fortnight for our captain and bonus money from Rochina.

I'm getting sick and tired of hearing it to be honest. I'd rather hear nothing more from the club until a new player arrives.

All this talk about getting round to offering Marshall and Duffy new contracts is just hot air. I'd be surprised if either were offered any concrete terms before the end of the month, the club and owners clearly aren't taking the situation seriously and couldn't care less if those players looked elsewhere beyond this season. Even if they were made an offer, I expect it would be derisory and include a massive wage reduction, thus forcing the players to go elsewhere. The club (owners) don't want to keep them. Its cashing in time and they are next.

I also find it shocking how Coyle refers to Lewis Mansell as his 3rd choice forward. He's nowhere near ready for Championship football and I find it alarming, disturbing and sickening that the club has reached this situation on the eve of the new season. If we had 2-3 forwards injured then fair enough, but the club has made nowhere near the necessary number of additions this summer to put out a competitive squad.

It seems that some cannot see through the BS. I am totally bemused as to the stupidity of folk

"The one thing I will say for OC is he does say the right things, and seems to be working 24-7 to bring in new players. Like most, I was unsure at first, but, dare I say it, he is beginning to win me over. "

He'll win me over with performances and results, not by spouting complete nonsense about making the boys feel good - God that sentence just took me back in time 5 years to the Hoillett episode. Shudder....

I'm also completely amazed to read that he is happy with Central Midfield. It's been our problem position since N'Zonzi got forced out!

Akpan

Evans

Guthrie (11% of the season)

Byrne

Lowe (Our best right back)

• Backroom

An article on the official site says we want more strikers and Coyle mentions we have Lewis Mansell but he isn't ready.

Then the article follows up that season tickets are still available - yep people will be rushing down

That's the most Kean-esque statement I've ever read.

I was thinking about this the other day and to be honest it's just Coyle being Coyle. Anyone who took any notice of him at Burnley and Bolton will remember he's a chief spin artist and was way before coco plonked his fat jacksie in front of the camera's.

If anything Kean was Coyle-esque and aspired to be like his peer. After all they were stable mates, Coyle taught Kean everything he knew with a bit of help from a fat dancer !

Great eh.

He'll win me over with performances and results, not by spouting complete nonsense about making the boys feel good - God that sentence just took me back in time 5 years to the Hoillett episode. Shudder....

I'm also completely amazed to read that he is happy with Central Midfield. It's been our problem position since N'Zonzi got forced out!

Akpan

Evans

Byrne

You missed out Lenihan.

"I would hope that at the start of next week we could have real positive dialogue with respect of trying to put something to them that the boys feel good about."

That's not exactly conformation that they'll be offered new deals then.

What the hell does that babble mean? Coyle in a nutshell there, why use a simple sentence when a paragraph of nonsense will do.

What the hell does that babble mean? Coyle in a nutshell there, why use a simple sentence when a paragraph of nonsense will do.

It means nothing. They haven't been offered new contracts, which is nothing short of a disgrace, and Coyle is hoping that soon an offer will be made, but that is entirely dependent on the whim of the Indians.

Who was the last person they offered a new deal to? Tommy Spurr? And he was so impressed he went to PNE instead. If they ever get round to offering Duffy and Marshall new contracts I expect it will be deliberately poor and probably insulting to them in order to ensure they swiftly reject it and then its a perfect excuse to sell them before September for a few million.

They are encouraging enquiries for these two and trying to see what comes up and if there is any real value in them. If Vs thought hand them decent contracts now and someone will be bidding 5/6 mill in Jan or summer they'd have been on the table months ago.

See what enquires there are and if interesting just keep stalling on the contract offer or offer them crap terms then take the bids saying only 12 months left, wouldn't sign new one. Blame player and circumstances.

They aren't even good at coning people anymore.

Akpan

Evans

Byrne

What a lightweight bunch.

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/owen-coyle-blackburn-rovers-3226654.aspx?

Rovers don't even know the players correct names; apparently we signed Anthony Strokes

Clowns!

Even more reason to stay away. These are tue sort of people i'd end up arguing with every week, just dont have the capacity tp think for themselves.

This bit:

Ultimately when the answers come back, whether that finance available is there or not, that’s when I find out, but it won’t stop me looking at very good players and touching base with contacts to see who is available for what we feel is the right deal and who can help Blackburn Rovers.

Which reads I've tried loads of players but the disowners won't back me and won't let me sign them.

I'll telling you Mr chirpy or not he is finding out what shower the disowners really are, and once results go south it will start to get to him.

He does talk a load of rubbish mind you, at this stage keep you mouth shut and focus on the game in hand tomorrow.

Oh and this bit "In the area we’re in, where people work hard in the week for their salary" shut up Coyle you complete berk, what the hell do you know about what people do everyday all over the country.

I begining to get that Kean feeling.....

It means nothing. They haven't been offered new contracts, which is nothing short of a disgrace, and Coyle is hoping that soon an offer will be made, but that is entirely dependent on the whim of the Indians.

Who was the last person they offered a new deal to? Tommy Spurr? And he was so impressed he went to PNE instead. If they ever get round to offering Duffy and Marshall new contracts I expect it will be deliberately poor and probably insulting to them in order to ensure they swiftly reject it and then its a perfect excuse to sell them before September for a few million.

Whilst I am dismayed by the contract processes of Marshall and Duffy I think the offer to Spurr was about right. He came here as a 24 year old first choice left back and was offered a contract to reflect that. He is now 28, second choice (at best) and having suffered several long term injuries, I don't really have a problem with them offering him vastly reduced terms.

Unless I'm mistaken, club's official website still has no news of Henry's appointment/arrival as coach.

According to backroom staff information, we still have no goalkeeping coach and Kelly is still 1st team coach.

What chance do we really have of bringing in half decent players and securing our more valuable assets?

Archived