BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

So they got round to offering a wally reduced terms but not our two only saleable players?? Hmm bye bye Marshy and Duffy

If they did stay it would make you wonder about their ambitions as professional footballers. It would be great for us of course.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless I'm mistaken, club's official website still has no news of Henry's appointment/arrival as coach.

According to backroom staff information, we still have no goalkeeping coach and Kelly is still 1st team coach.

What chance do we really have of bringing in half decent players and securing our more valuable assets?

Nope. They confirmed Kelly's departure as he 'wanted to further his career elsewhere', and that was only after everyone knew it via twitter and the Scottish media.

Everyone knows Henry is joining Rovers. The Ayr United manager confirmed it, the Scottish media reported it, Sky Sports reported it, the Lancashire Telegraph even got round to it, but Rovers still haven't announced it.

Unless I'm mistaken no announcement has been made by the club as to Lawrence Batty's departure over the summer or the reasons for it. No announcement has been made over Phil Hughes' arrival as Goalkeeping coach, despite him having sat next to Coyle in the dugout in about 5 friendlies since he arrived in full view of supporters.

Rank amateur. There are local amateur clubs that are better at communication.

Whilst I am dismayed by the contract processes of Marshall and Duffy I think the offer to Spurr was about right. He came here as a 24 year old first choice left back and was offered a contract to reflect that. He is now 28, second choice (at best) and having suffered several long term injuries, I don't really have a problem with them offering him vastly reduced terms.

Behind who?

He'll win me over with performances and results, not by spouting complete nonsense about making the boys feel good - God that sentence just took me back in time 5 years to the Hoillett episode. Shudder....

I'm also completely amazed to read that he is happy with Central Midfield. It's been our problem position since N'Zonzi got forced out!

Akpan

Evans

Guthrie (11% of the season)

Byrne

Lowe (Our best right back)

Add Lenihan and it appears a little better

He'll win me over with performances and results, not by spouting complete nonsense about making the boys feel good - God that sentence just took me back in time 5 years to the Hoillett episode. Shudder....

I'm also completely amazed to read that he is happy with Central Midfield. It's been our problem position since N'Zonzi got forced out!

Akpan

Evans

Guthrie (11% of the season)

Byrne

Lowe (Our best right back)

Spot on, was saying this the other week on here. Midfield has been she height for years (in the middle), Evans performs 1 every 8-10 games and the rest are poor, we really need to hope that Byrne turns out to be a gooden, otherwise I dont see where the creativity is coming from and we need to hope Lenihan performs to a good standard in defensive midfield.

As Chor mentions, I think Coyle says an awful lot here, and it's pretty bad.

Coyle said: “I don’t stop presenting them (players). I keep going getting them and saying, ‘listen I’ve got a chance on doing this, can I press the button on this?’

“Ultimately when the answers come back, whether that finance available is there or not, that’s when I find out, but it won’t stop me looking at very good players and touching base with contacts to see who is available for what we feel is the right deal and who can help Blackburn Rovers.

"I keep going to them" and so obviously they keep saying NO

They keep saying no and why? "whether that finance available is there or not" so they have brought in all this money and they are not letting Coyle spend it... Great! He doesn't even have a budget, he just has to get a player in his sights and then they give him a yes or no or wait...

On Duffy and Marshall contracts...

“Ultimately they are in a very strong position, as most players are in their scenario, but it won’t stop me from recommending and getting something from the owners to put to the lads so they can decide what they want to do.”

So he doesn't sound optimistic at all to me... and it doesn't sound like the owners are giving him much support on it either...

This is not good.

Coyle said: I dont stop presenting them (players). I keep going getting them and saying, listen Ive got a chance on doing this, can I press the button on this?

Ultimately when the answers come back, whether that finance available is there or not, thats when I find out, but it wont stop me looking at very good players and touching base with contacts to see who is available for what we feel is the right deal and who can help Blackburn Rovers.

They keep saying no and why? "whether that finance available is there or not" so they have brought in all this money and they are not letting Coyle spend it... Great! He doesn't even have a budget, he just has to get a player in his sights and then they give him a yes or no or wait...

Ultimately they are in a very strong position, as most players are in their scenario, but it wont stop me from recommending and getting something from the owners to put to the lads so they can decide what they want to do.

So he doesn't sound optimistic at all to me... and it doesn't sound like the owners are giving him much support on it either...

This is not good.

Correct I think reading between the lines Coyle is frustrated

Coyle said: “I don’t stop presenting them (players). I keep going getting them and saying, ‘listen I’ve got a chance on doing this, can I press the button on this?’

“Ultimately when the answers come back, whether that finance available is there or not, that’s when I find out, but it won’t stop me looking at very good players and touching base with contacts to see who is available for what we feel is the right deal and who can help Blackburn Rovers.

“Ultimately they are in a very strong position, as most players are in their scenario, but it won’t stop me from recommending and getting something from the owners to put to the lads so they can decide what they want to do.”

This is not good.

One thing that gets me and it's totally off topic, shutting the roverstore in the town centre, now okay, I get that the club shop wasn't that busy and more people do buy online etc, but the brew room was always packed, anyone with any business sense would think "right let's rid of the club shop and expand the cafe and make money that way". I just don't get it, the cafe was a little goldmine.

This is not good.

I could be brilliant if they are planning an exit, we can only dream..Massive tinge of sadness came over me this morning knowing I'm not going tomorrow.

Not Premier League quality, not worth more than £6 million, and certainly not the sort of player I associate with Dyche's style.

However if it does happen it will be another slap in the face for Rovers fans and another £2-3 million Venkys could have had if they hadn't offloaded him at the first opportunity to a league rival.

For me the sale of Cairney was a big marker of things to come after Cheston had been summoned to India and not the manager. Sadly my initial fears have come true, sell to run the club.

The thing with Lambert bucked the trend outwardly but did it really when you consider all they had him oversee really was Rhodes and Olsson out the door making it 19 million in in about 6 months. That should have cleared the overdraft straight off to keep the club going but I bet it didn't.

FFP they said, utter con job that's continuing right now. I pray there is finally an end game and I genuinely think they are wriggling like the maggots they are looking for a way to get out of all this without it having a huge impact on their core finances.

At least the Trust used the 'Keeping the powder dry till Summer' line to explain away no signings !

Unless I'm mistaken, club's official website still has no news of Henry's appointment/arrival as coach.

According to backroom staff information, we still have no goalkeeping coach and Kelly is still 1st team coach.

What chance do we really have of bringing in half decent players and securing our more valuable assets?

Henry arrival plus Phil Hughes who has been with Rovers all pre season but no announcement tho

Henry arrival plus Phil Hughes who has been with Rovers all pre season but no announcement tho

Cheston clearly doesn't want the embarrassment of his words of "the new manager working with backroom staff" being brought up and mocked, new season is a here and they're all almost gone. He knows he's out of his depth.

Cheston clearly doesn't want the embarrassment of his words of "the new manager working with backroom staff" being brought up and mocked, new season is a here and they're all almost gone. He knows he's out of his depth.

As much as I don't have any time for him, I don't think anybody can work within the constraints set by Venkys.

There is no decision maker at Ewood and for a football club where opportunities are few and short, and require some imagination and speed we are always on the back foot.

Venkys have consistently picked poor candidates for almost every role. Then when they have been let down they go even further into their shell. Get the right candidate (by not listening to agents), give them a budget and let them get on with it. Making a manager phone up and leave messages, presumably, for every single niffnaff signing on ten bob and even they will fall through the cracks. We will only be left with those players who cannot get deals anywhere else and can afford to wait around.

Meanwhile, times have never been better for the Venksters (see below), FFP is no longer an issue in the short term, agents (are meant to)have left the club, and the season is about to start.

So why is the mood (and transfer budget) an inversion of their share price...

11F6BDDC-CFF7-4A81-9630-6F1E56B32F1E.jpe

Not Premier League quality, not worth more than £6 million, and certainly not the sort of player I associate with Dyche's style.

However if it does happen it will be another slap in the face for Rovers fans and another £2-3 million Venkys could have had if they hadn't offloaded him at the first opportunity to a league rival.

Dyche is the type of manager who will make Cairney into a real player.

But but but but but but but but Venky's ALWAYS get top dollah!!!!

Scored a good goal away at Burnley I think? But granted 1 in 20 still not fantastic.

more than Chris Brown ;)

Maybe its a 'Different Strokes'

B'dum

Different strokes for different folks... i like it... :D

What the hell does that babble mean? Coyle in a nutshell there, why use a simple sentence when a paragraph of nonsense will do.

It means Coyle wants to sign Marcus Babble

As much as I don't have any time for him, I don't think anybody can work within the constraints set by Venkys.

There is no decision maker at Ewood and for a football club where opportunities are few and short, and require some imagination and speed we are always on the back foot.

Venkys have consistently picked poor candidates for almost every role. Then when they have been let down they go even further into their shell. Get the right candidate (by not listening to agents), give them a budget and let them get on with it. Making a manager phone up and leave messages, presumably, for every single niffnaff signing on ten bob and even they will fall through the cracks. We will only be left with those players who cannot get deals anywhere else and can afford to wait around.

Meanwhile, times have never been better for the Venksters (see below), FFP is no longer an issue in the short term, agents (are meant to)have left the club, and the season is about to start.

So why is the mood (and transfer budget) an inversion of their share price...

11F6BDDC-CFF7-4A81-9630-6F1E56B32F1E.jpe

its alll the money from player sales, thats gone straight into Venkys India profit.. Smart move by Venkys.. Require 25 million to make target, not much time left to sell enough chickens, only quick way is to sell a few players. Good strategy that, NOT!

Archived