BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

I know I'm repeating mysel here, but this episode begs more questions of Chestons position than anything else. If he's not given the responsibility of negotiating players contracts, then what on earth are we doing with a finance man running the show?

What have we learned in the last week about Cheston?

• He doesn't speak to the owners
  • He doesn't know how much (if any) money is available
  • He doesn't know what the owners plans are
  • He doesn't know if any more players are to be sold
  • He doesn't have the authority/power to negotiate new contracts for our prized assets
  • He doesn't have the authority to sign new players

Meanwhile...

• He does know that we 'financially aren't where we need to be' despite pocketing in excess of £25 million by selling our best players in the last 12 months and spending nothing the other way
  • He does know what the 'global audience' want to see by relocating the tv gantry only to realise 3 days before the season begins that views will be harmed.
  • He does know that the Family Stand is 'better' by the side of the pitch thus forcibly relocating thousands of long term season ticket holders.
  • He knows what criteria the new manager needed to meet, including working alongside Lambert's staff, only for Coyle to meet none of them and bring in his own staff within 7 weeks of getting the job.

And this bloke is the only active director at the football club.

Wonder how the club will spin it if they do leave?

With Hanley, Coyle said that the player wanted to go and we couldn't stop them.

In making the comments he has, he has put pressure on Venkys to agree these contracts - assuming what they end up offering is acceptable. If they undermine him then he must surely do the Lambert Walk.

(Been dying to get that one in).

Probably just come out with the same as with Cairney - no effort made to even try and spin it or explain it, just that an offer had been accepted and he was gone. I bet they are pleased when someone like Hanley wants to leave, or when Rhodes gets mucked about for 18 months and finally voices his wishes - so they can use it as an excuse to sell them.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way Nixon says "Prem loan striker" as if it is some kind of coup. We were once a Prem club you div! And haven't we had this Prem loan lined up for the last five weeks or something?! Doesn't get me remotely excited. Think of how many young Prem strikers don't make it. We had plenty leave our ranks when we were in the top tier. All because they play for a club in the league above us doesn't mean they'll be any good, nor does it mean we should be jumping for joy.

Just sick to death of this @#/?.

Brilliant Booth !!

He did the "Ford Cortina found on the Moon".

They had relatively few staff and he also had the job of choosing the photographs (lucky sod).

Ford Cortina found on the Moon is up there with the best.

enhanced-9772-1455791818-1.png

enhanced-buzz-12621-1455791426-12.jpg

Cm8o-JsWAAAGCiw.jpg

You've got to love a Sunday Sport exclusive.

Anyway transfers...

Edit... Blimey I missed one.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/blackburn-rovers/8202948/Venkys-reveal-talks-with-Diego-Maradona-about-Blackburn-Rovers-managers-job.html

I think its quite clear that the owners don't want to offer new (improved) deals to any players now. From what i've heard from Spurr's experience, It is full on asset stripping mode now.

I was told at the weekend by a really reliable source that Spurr was offered a one year deal on 50% of his previous deal. Have you heard the same?

People really shouldn't get worked up about this Prem striker being Nugent or the like SHOULD it go through. It will more than likely be some youngster who we've never heard of before who Nixon will make out is the best thing since Steve Kean/Owen Coyle.

Be great if it was Nugent though, I'd feel a bit more confident about staying up with him and Graham.

Though for me we desperately need a decent keeper with Coyle in charge. I think we'll concede a lot of goals even with a good keeper, I dread to think how we'll do with Steele as our number 1.

Didn't that Dingle Tony Livesey work for the Sport? I'm sure he bitched about Rovers in that comic. Something about Ewood and Adolf Hitler.

My favourite one was about the women who's son turned in to a fish finger. I hope he recovered.

Brilliant Booth !!

He did the "Ford Cortina found on the Moon".

They had relatively few staff and he also had the job of choosing the photographs (lucky sod).

I remember the leeches front page it was a belter.

Also remember they had a sports journo called Kev Kelly who hated the Rovers and a news journo called Bertie Ollocks. I wonder if that was Nicko's pseudonym back in the day?

I remember the leeches front page it was a belter.

Also remember they had a sports journo called Kev Kelly who hated the Rovers and a news journo called Bertie Ollocks. I wonder if that was Nicko's pseudonym back in the day?

The Editor was a dingle, hence the grief we got.

We need to bolster this squad urgently. Hanley was by far our best player last season and without him we could

have quite easily have been in big trouble. If Graham gets injured on Saturday......then what? The Venkys really have

to man up and back the man they have put in charge.

Who actually did put Coyle in charge , would be an interesting case for Sherlock Holmes ...

Be great if it was Nugent though, I'd feel a bit more confident about staying up with him and Graham.

Though for me we desperately need a decent keeper with Coyle in charge. I think we'll concede a lot of goals even with a good keeper, I dread to think how we'll do with Steele as our number 1.

I'd be delighted if it was Nugent. Quality at Championship level

I'd be delighted if it was Nugent. Quality at Championship level

Funnily enough, signing someone like the quality of Nugent could change us from relegation fodder to potential playoff contenders, he and Graham would be a strikeforce most Championship clubs could dream of. You know exactly what you'd get from Nugent at this level, hard work and goals... Won't be him though, highly doubtful.

So Coyle has till lunch tomorrow to avoid us starting the season with 2 strikers - will he do it?

Can't see it. Unless they're an experienced Championship player (like Nugent) they'll need time to bed in so surely wouldn't be ready for Saturday anyway.

So Coyle has till lunch tomorrow to avoid us starting the season with 2 strikers - will he do it?

Well, according to Nicko they're lined up and it's just about sorting the numbers.

I expect he'll be tweeting that of the samaritans for us Rovers fans.

Archived