BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I've recommended to the owners that they try and keep them here for the long haul and its fair to say wheels are in motion to try and get contracts to the players."

That should read like good news but when you consider the owners are Venkys, anything could happen. Especially if the players want a payrise.

Glad the wheels are in motion though. These things won't try themselves.

I think that's why Coyle is here because they want someone who'll work without backing. Lambert wanted it, Bowyer would have wanted the same backing he had pre embargo. That's why neither are here now and I'd say the only reason Coyle is.

There was someone on here saying he'd heard they wanted 6 youth promoting this season. Well they are between them creating the situation this will have to happen. The spinmiester will know the score.

Yeah it was me who had heard that. Before Lambert went if I remember rightly.

It's been the target all along.

At least Marshall and Duffy want to stay at least. Good to hear

That means nothing.

Just don't want to kick up a stink and say they want out or running contract down.

Hanley said exactly the same and you liked that as well.

"I've recommended to the owners that they try and keep them here for the long haul and its fair to say wheels are in motion to try and get contracts to the players."

That should read like good news but when you consider the owners are Venkys, anything could happen. Especially if the players want a payrise.

It's classic passing the buck.

I wanted them to stay, not my fault, I told the owners what to do.

that's a good start to the morning, what a disgrace not even got round to offering him one yet, it will be sitting somewhere at the bottom of a pile of papers in pune towers, you can just see it 'how many rupees is the minimum wage? just offer 10% over that'.

Agree Tom he clearly sounds annoyed about it and I don't blame him. The team at Ewood should have the contract done for him all the 'disowners' need to do is rubber stamp it.

Also sounds like it is getting under Cloye's skin too the lack of action from the 'disowners'. All too familiar.

You have to laugh! The way that's put, it sounds the most difficult task in the world! It's just a routine office job.

Chaddy if a club comes in for them with the right price they will be off. Most of our players will leave given the chance. We are a selling club and the venkys will try and get the most they can for each of our players and replace them with freebies.

Also, if it hadn't already then bang goes the theory that they're hard nosed when it comes to selling players and good negotiators. If they were then they'd have tied both Marshall and Duffy to new deals before whoring them around. They just don't have a clue, and more importantly, don't give a flying one.

• Backroom

Hey Coyle, why don't you recommend to the owners that they pack their bags and f*** off.

Hah, yeah right. Wee Owen's going to cling onto this gravy train until he's forced off.

It's hardly a surprise we aren't offering Marshall or Duffy new contracts. The plan is to sell our valuable assets - why do people think Lambert left? Oh, right, because he's a dull coward who couldn't face up to the job :rolleyes: nothing to do with the squad being willfully dismantled and the promise of absolutely zero long term, or short term, investment.

It actually makes it worse for me if they want to stay. Like Tom Cairney, who wanted to stay, and yet was sold against his and his managers wishes to Fulham because of the agenda of people behind the scenes at this club.

It makes it worse because if they were sick and fed up of being here I could accept that and understand it after the way this club has behaved, and yet if they are happy here, and willing to commit to the club, and yet the club still hasn't bothered to make them a contract offer with 10 months left on their contracts, then it is nothing short of criminal.

So when they get sold to rivals in the last week of the transfer window, or in January at the latest, for a couple of million quid each at the most, it will happen DESPITE the players being happy here, and us knowing that we could have kept them here, along with Tom Cairney and presumably many others over the last few years, and yet the incompetent/sinister people running this club are going to ruin our chances of doing that whilst condemning us to the third division.

Bowyer put in place the foundations of a quality Championship side for years to come. Cairney, Evans, Marshall, Conway, Duffy - and we should have had those lads here long term as our prized assets to build our team around for years to come. Instead we're offloading them, making them feel unwanted and undoing all that good work.

Hah, yeah right. Wee Owen's going to cling onto this gravy train until he's forced off.

It's hardly a surprise we aren't offering Marshall or Duffy new contracts. The plan is to sell our valuable assets - why do people think Lambert left? Oh, right, because he's a dull coward who couldn't face up to the job :rolleyes: nothing to do with the squad being willfully dismantled and the promise of absolutely zero long term, or short term, investment.

Yep, a lot of folk have clung on to the Rovers tit for the last few years. The milk is running out and Rovers warm comforting milk supply could soon be exhausted.

As i said, take note of what is happening. Who we have sold, and who is being linked away from the club or likely to be sold. Marshall, Duffy and possibly Conway can still fetch a decent fee. Before them was Rhodes, Cairney, Olsson, Hanley. Its clear these are the assets being stripped, and lets bloody just hope its a sign of Venkys looking to sell the club, and taking whatever they can get.

That is a great signal to other clubs to: "come and get Marshall".

My breasts ache with laughter at everything that comes out of BRFC.

Archived