BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

signings so far have been ok ..... but to me the squad doesnt look balanced .... we need another striker, central Defender, and a left back, all before the start of the season... OC seemed to start of well getting players in, however there has been a massive lull these past weeks.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

I'm not trying to be difficult, or negative for the sake of it personally, but we can't fill a match day squad without using youth players or ones from the under 21s at the moment! That's not just negative, it's a fact!

Not to worry though, the season only starts next Saturday....

Yes I have to admit I'm kinda at panic stations now with the pure lack of numbers we have at the club. I count 23 players on the official club website of which only 2 are goalkeepers and 2 are strikers so quite literally no cover for either positions in the squad except kids who are no where near the first team and it is unfair to expect them to be.

£500k bid for Craig Forsyth from Derby County apparently...good player but just come back from a cruciate..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3711746/Blackburn-Rovers-bid-500-000-Derby-County-left-Craig-Forsyth.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Derby want closer to £1m according to the link. DEfo a position we need to fill. Can also play CD.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-live-manchester-united-8500681

If you scroll down on there it's got the Duffy story...admittedly not much of one apart from they've 'bid' 3.5 million.

Says both Boro and Swansea have also shown interest. That will be him off very soon.

£500k bid for Craig Forsyth from Derby County apparently...good player but just come back from a cruciate..

Very decent player at this level Forsyth, would be pleased with that.

I find it hard to believe anyone would bid £3.5 million for Duffy with only one year left on his deal. If there is a bid of that level then the way forward depends on whether Duffy is prepared to sign a new deal. He said yesterday he was happy at the club and that apparently contract discussions are ongoing.

If he's happy to stay and is planning on signing a new deal then great. If he isn't going to sign a new deal then get rid now if the bid is anywhere near £3 million, but only IF we quickly use some of that money to replace him (I know this is highly unlikely).

We're short at CB, LB and up front. We've no pace or physical presence in attacking areas. We're still looking like playing a midfielder at RB rather than a natural RB. There are still question marks about Hendrie and whether he can do the job at LB.

I've got to say I'm disappointed at this stage. I saw this summer as a good opportunity to completely rebuild this squad and provide balance which we have been lacking for some time. So many players out of contract/end of loans left a huge gap that the new manager ought to have been able to use to quickly bring in a large number of players. He shouldn't have had to wait for sales before bringing people in. Unfortunately we've only brought in 5, 2 of which are young loans, another unproven at this level. From my perspective there remain several issues with this squad that need urgently addressing to avoid a lengthy relegation scrap. We desperately need strengthening in defence and even more importantly in attack, and I'm still not entirely comfortable with the central midfield situation either.

I find it hard to believe anyone would bid £3.5 million for Duffy with only one year left on his deal. If there is a bid of that level then the way forward depends on whether Duffy is prepared to sign a new deal. He said yesterday he was happy at the club and that apparently contract discussions are ongoing.

If he's happy to stay and is planning on signing a new deal then great. If he isn't going to sign a new deal then get rid now if the bid is anywhere near £3 million, but only IF we quickly use some of that money to replace him (I know this is highly unlikely).

We're short at CB, LB and up front. We've no pace or physical presence in attacking areas. We're still looking like playing a midfielder at RB rather than a natural RB. There are still question marks about Hendrie and whether he can do the job at LB.

I've got to say I'm disappointed at this stage. I saw this summer as a good opportunity to completely rebuild this squad and provide balance which we have been lacking for some time. So many players out of contract/end of loans left a huge gap that the new manager ought to have been able to use to quickly bring in a large number of players. He shouldn't have had to wait for sales before bringing people in. Unfortunately we've only brought in 5, 2 of which are young loans, another unproven at this level. From my perspective there remain several issues with this squad that need urgently addressing to avoid a lengthy relegation scrap. We desperately need strengthening in defence and even more importantly in attack, and I'm still not entirely comfortable with the central midfield situation either.

Graham is a pretty physical player but I agree with the rest. We need pace up top and feel this is where we should be looking to spend money. With the new season starting next week, we need players coming in the next few days to get acquainted with the squad. It's not like we need one or two either! They need to get a shift on.

Thought Nixon was saying a move for a forward was moving quick? Bloody Nixon.

From my perspective there remain several issues with this squad that need urgently addressing to avoid a lengthy relegation scrap. We desperately need strengthening in defence and even more importantly in attack, and I'm still not entirely comfortable with the central midfield situation either.

Can't see how we can get sufficient numbers and quality in time.

And yet much depends on a good start.

We will be unable to avoid a lengthy relegation scrap.

No progress until these fools have gone. For those who doubt our ability to survive, have a look at what AFC Wimbledon have achieved.

Owned by the supporters and with 5000 supporters. Ridiculous to believe we couldn't do the same or better.

Counting the days.

He played very well Tom. Very quick feet, good use of the ball and never stops running. Only downside is his size - one wonders if he would be robust enough for the Championship.

Sounds promising. Bryan Douglas was small but it didn't seem to stop him from becoming great.

So it looks like Duffy is off leaving just Ward, unfit Wes Brown and a couple of youngsters who have not had any proper 1st team football yet at Centre Half!! plus we need a left/right back.

Not looking good with that defence.

So it looks like Duffy is off leaving just Ward, unfit Wes Brown and a couple of youngsters who have not had any proper 1st team football yet at Centre Half!! plus we need a left/right back.

Not looking good with that defence.

Getting a offer doesn't necessarily mean he's leaving. He's negotiating a new contract isn't he? Not everybody wants to leave. Sometimes players are happy where they are. You can't stop clubs making offers. We should be making some ourselves.

Getting a offer doesn't necessarily mean he's leaving. He's negotiating a new contract isn't he? Not everybody wants to leave. Sometimes players are happy where they are. You can't stop clubs making offers. We should be making some ourselves.

Not immediately, but lets remember this is Blackburn Rovers 2016. If a decent cash offer is made for any player he will be sold whether he wants to go or not, with no thought given to the impact it has on our match performance or standing as a club/squad. With Hanley recently gone for good money that should be it for sales until next year, but I can't help but think Duffy and Marshall will be following him shortly. Duffy might well be happy at the club, as I seem to remember Tom Cairney was, but if people behind the scenes are touting him around to other clubs to try and get some bids on the table then he isn't going to be staying. Likewise if the club fails to offer him a suitable new contract in time. If Rovers were determined to keep players they would simply issue a 'hands off' statement and price rivals out of the market rather than the approach they have taken in recent months.

Archived