BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm trying really hard to believe that next season's paying punters aren't going to be left watching a very average Ward and a shell-shocked Wharton being torn asunder by the kind of attacks that Hanley and Duffy would have fended off in their sleep.

We need two Championship-quality central defenders, preferably in their early to mid 20's, and we need them now.

So Venkies, either support the team or just head for the door marked 'do one'. You're not going to sell the club for a good price stuck in the bottom half of the Championship.

Doing nothing favours no-one.

Yep thats it,the transfers we need are defenders,preferably an entire back-four(if Duffy goes or gets injured).......and to make matters worse,we have a manager who only wants to attack,and has no concept of defending......ask any Bolton,Wigan or dingles fan.

Maybe this is all part of Coyle's plan for a new formation without defenders.

It's scandalous. Everyone new we would need at least 8 first team players through the door -given the number we released. Hanley can now be added to that list. The fact that 5 came through the door within a week showed some semblance of a plan. Now it seems we have no plan and no money.

The better free agents will have found a club so we will have to spend something - no matter how minimal.

Surely we are not relying on loans to fill the rest of the squad?

We need 2 more forwards one of whom can play on the wing. A cb, lb, cm and a decent keeper - just to have a chance of being 'competitive'

No wonder Lambert and Myers left. They saw this farce coming and wanted no part of it.

I started watching football only recently. So someone please describe how owen coyle managed to get burnley promoted in 2009.

Did he sign many new players? or did he inherit a good side which underachieve in previous seasons?

What was the reason for their sudden success in 2008-09 season?

Accepting a bid at this stage would be sheer madness, but hey, that's the Venky's way. I'd only say 'bring it on' if it were to speed up their exit.

I would go the other way. We need to cash in on anything that moves. Duffy and Marshall leaving in a year on bosmans is not worth squat to us.

Dunno if it's been posted but wolves allegedly desperate to land Marshall.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/07/28/report-wolverhampton-wanderers-see-three-bids-for-blackburn-rove/

Sell him and get as much as we can. That would be my view. We are done for this year in terms of doing anything productive.

• Backroom

I would go the other way. We need to cash in on anything that moves. Duffy and Marshall leaving in a year on bosmans is not worth squat to us.

The squad won't see the money anyway, so why should we as fans want the players to leave? Whether they go on a free next year or are sold now, we're @#/? either way. The money will simply disappear into the ether as if it never existed.

The squad won't see the money anyway, so why should we as fans want the players to leave? Whether they go on a free next year or are sold now, we're @#/? either way. The money will simply disappear into the ether as if it never existed.

Simply, it's 5 million off the asking

Price to buy us. Team, manager irrelevant.

Sell him and get as much as we can. That would be my view. We are done for this year in terms of doing anything productive.

Sadly, I fear you are correct, the dwindling number of supporters will see this continue, as player sales are used to make up the cash shortfall.

Sadly, I fear you are correct, the dwindling number of supporters will see this continue, as player sales are used to keep our club afloat.

Hopefully not afloat, reducing the sale price. We are close to having nothing left to sell. Have an educated guess they will disappear then

The sooner we sell all our best players, the sooner the team plays in front of hundreds rather than thousands , the sooner these crooks sell up and foooook off

So we can actually rebuild the carnage they have created.

I really do wonder what the final tipping point will be for the 6500 or so rovers fans who will subject themselves to another season at graveyard ewood

Simply, it's 5 million off the asking price to buy us. Team, manager irrelevant.

Will it be though?

And how long will it take? I'm guessing whilst we remain in the Championship they may take the "nth time lucky" and "ignore a bit longer" approach. Batten down the hatches, it's going to take another relegation to get rid of them. Hopefully Seneca are still waiting in the wings at that point...

The sooner we sell all our best players, the sooner the team plays in front of hundreds rather than thousands , the sooner these crooks sell up and foooook off

I really do wonder what the final tipping point will be for the 6500 or so rovers fans who will subject themselves to another season at graveyard ewood

Agree lets hope they sell them all and then bugger off.

I thought you renewed your ticket? What is the tipping point for you?

Will it be though?

And how long will it take? I'm guessing whilst we remain in the Championship they may take the "nth time lucky" and "ignore a bit longer" approach. Batten down the hatches, it's going to take another relegation to get rid of them. Hopefully Seneca are still waiting in the wings at that point...

We are dieing a slow death anyway, might as well hurry it up

what your tipping point then Glen since you have renewed your season ticket???

Hopefully not afloat, reducing the sale price. We are close to having nothing left to sell. Have an educated guess they will disappear then

I edited my post as I felt 'afloat' maybe too extreme, but, on reflection, I should have left it in.

The word 'hope' appears a great deal in many posts, I wish there was some evidence that they will leave if the support keeps reducing.

Archived