BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same aul crud, different day! Dunno why we drive ourselves demented checking in on this thread every day. Venkys are the ultimate in wreck the heads.

The Kevin Moran comments above put a nostalgic smile on my face, mind. He was a proper player, that fella. No messing about with him.

Just flicked onto this thread briefly to see if there's any new news of possible incomings and it seems quite noticeable that people are logging on actually hoping that we've signed someone **** so they can have another good moan about Venky's. God forbid we sign anyone who looks half decent, people won't know what to do with themselves.

The level of stick Coyle already appears to be attracting also seems to be off the scale. The season is still 2 weeks off yet yet and he hasn't said anything particularly contentious as far as I can see recently yet people seem determined to stick the boot in at every opportunity. I'm not his biggest fan by any means but I'm prepared to judge him on his actual results, not jumping on and twisting round every little thing he says.

Gotta love that insight regarding the Finnish link. Just for giggles, Rover of Finland, are there any of your current lot that you would love to see in a Rovers shirt? I used to love pretending to be Jari Litmanen when my mates and I were all in school PE and obsessed with Ajax!

Just flicked onto this thread briefly to see if there's any new news of possible incomings and it seems quite noticeable that people are logging on actually hoping that we've signed someone **** so they can have another good moan about Venky's. God forbid we sign anyone who looks half decent, people won't know what to do with themselves.

The level of stick Coyle already appears to be attracting also seems to be off the scale. The season is still 2 weeks off yet yet and he hasn't said anything particularly contentious as far as I can see recently yet people seem determined to stick the boot in at every opportunity. I'm not his biggest fan by any means but I'm prepared to judge him on his actual results, not jumping on and twisting round every little thing he says.

He's an ex-dingle with a very poor record as a manager. He publicly supported King rat and claims never to have heard of SEM.

Alarm bells for me Rev, but yes I agree, judge him on results and let's face it Owen Coyle is just a side show, it's our illustrious owners where the bile should be spat.

Same aul crud, different day! Dunno why we drive ourselves demented checking in on this thread every day. Venkys are the ultimate in wreck the heads.

The Kevin Moran comments above put a nostalgic smile on my face, mind. He was a proper player, that fella. No messing about with him.

That goal at the Baseball ground was special. Half the Derby team in the back of the net. We should get that picture on a flag at Ewood.

That goal at the Baseball ground was special. Half the Derby team in the back of the net. We should get that picture on a flag at Ewood.

I won Kevin Morans Rovers shirt in a Grampian TV competition in the early to mid nineties. It was my pride and joy.

I won Kevin Morans Rovers shirt in a Grampian TV competition in the early to mid nineties. It was my pride and joy.

If it was a match worn Rovers shirt it would be Blue, White and Blood Red.

On this day in 1992, Alan Shearer signed for Blackburn Rovers for what he describes as, "The start of a great 4 years", on Twitter. Now that was a transfer, and what a 4 years it was!

On this day in 1992, Alan Shearer signed for Blackburn Rovers for what he describes as, "The start of a great 4 years", on Twitter. Now that was a transfer, and what a 4 years it was!

Tinged with some sadness and melancholy.

Those 2 goals on opening day away at Palace never even made goal of the season list, bloody fix, either could have won.

And his shoulder charge of Jimmy Carter into the Nutall street enclosure, shot looped over Seamans head....

Blackburn Rovers 1 Arsenal 0

We'd arrived!

Those 2 goals on opening day away at Palace never even made goal of the season list, bloody fix, either could have won.

And his shoulder charge of Jimmy Carter into the Nutall street enclosure, shot looped over Seamans head....

We'd arrived!

What wonderful, wonderful memories.

We all know what a marvellous player Shearer was. What I think some folk forget is just how quick he was until his unfortunate cruciate injury.

Gotta love that insight regarding the Finnish link. Just for giggles, Rover of Finland, are there any of your current lot that you would love to see in a Rovers shirt? I used to love pretending to be Jari Litmanen when my mates and I were all in school PE and obsessed with Ajax!

Finnish footballers remind me a lot if Rovers academy. Once promising talent rarely became any good. I really can't see anyone I'd like too see wearing Rovers shirt. There is few playing in big leagues but the rest are awful in the national team. This Vayrynen lad can't even make to the squad.

Litmanen was a huge player of course and is a real classy lad. When he played himself he was very serious and never gave media chance to make a story off the field. These days he is a regular expert on tv during WC and Euros and Champions League. So funny guy and always gives a laugh.

We'd arrived!

The start of the Rollercoaster to the top.

Oh how we celebrated my friend!......

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2j6ZY4h0oGo

What wonderful, wonderful memories.

We all know what a marvellous player Shearer was. What I think some folk forget is just how quick he was until his unfortunate cruciate injury.

I say the same thing to anyone who will listen. Whenever the topic of football greats comes up I always 'yes, but I watched shearer when he unplayable, most of you lot only really saw him when he was fantastic!"

To be so good even after losing 2 (not 1) yards of pace shows how lucky we were to watch him grace the hallowed Ewood turf!

Our owners will not have a clue that Alan Shearer actually played for thd Rovers !

• Backroom

El Trialist played for the under 23s at Fylde tonight but only had 2 mentions on their Twitter feed so doubt he is going to earn a deal

Archived