BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

My work colleagues son is friends with Ben Marshall and he is known to have a lot of friends in Derby. Anyway, Ben Marshall has told his friend that he will be joining derby county soon. And apparently he's been in and said he wants to leave. Sorry I can't bring any positive news haha

This time last year he had loads of mates in Sheffield and was under going a 6 month medical............

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My work colleagues son is friends with Ben Marshall and he is known to have a lot of friends in Derby. Anyway, Ben Marshall has told his friend that he will be joining derby county soon. And apparently he's been in and said he wants to leave. Sorry I can't bring any positive news haha

A Grenade of a 1st post! Best of luck :P

Wouldn't surprise me. Worked with Nigel Pearson in the past at Leicester (think it was Pearson who signed him and then let him come to us). No doubt the club will bemoan 'the player wanted to leave'. 'Nothing you can do when a player says he wants to go'.

Given these ridiculous current transfer valuations,it was even MORE stupid to take a pittance as fair value for Hanley. Unless hes never going to play for them,and is merely back-up?

Crazy that we seem to be selling our players off relatively cheap, don`t know if it is true but £1.5 million offer for Duffy from Celtic is taking the Micheal. If they want him, they should be paying a hell of a lot more.

Wouldn't surprise me. Worked with Nigel Pearson in the past at Leicester (think it was Pearson who signed him and then let him come to us). No doubt the club will bemoan 'the player wanted to leave'. 'Nothing you can do when a player says he wants to go'.

And people will come on here saying it's OK so long as the manager is given the money to buy new players......sigh.

He aint leaving yet, until he gets that mysterious injury, then we will know its true

Crazy that we seem to be selling our players off relatively cheap, don`t know if it is true but £1.5 million offer for Duffy from Celtic is taking the Micheal. If they want him, they should be paying a hell of a lot more.

Its our own fault. If Duffy had 3 years left on his contract Rovers could relax and name their price if a club was interested. Rovers could demand £5 million+ for Duffy at his age having played for Ireland at the Euros.

However, due to the inept running of the club and failure to tie him down to an improved contract in good time (presumably at the same time as they refused to communicate with Paul Lambert), Duffy only has 1 year remaining which puts the club in a difficult position. If he's not going to sign a new deal, or Rovers aren't going to offer him an improved contract, then we have a choice of taking what we can get now or lose him for nothing next year.

I expect if a club reaches £2 million then the club will be letting him go.

Its our own fault. If Duffy had 3 years left on his contract Rovers could relax and name their price if a club was interested. Rovers could demand £5 million+ for Duffy at his age having played for Ireland at the Euros.

However, due to the inept running of the club and failure to tie him down to an improved contract in good time (presumably at the same time as they refused to communicate with Paul Lambert), Duffy only has 1 year remaining which puts the club in a difficult position. If he's not going to sign a new deal, or Rovers aren't going to offer him an improved contract, then we have a choice of taking what we can get now or lose him for nothing next year.

I expect if a club reaches £2 million then the club will be letting him go.

Exactly. Perfect example of why the club will only spiral downwards under Venkys. This is why no other clubs in the whole of the 4 leagues operate without a managing director or chairman.

Everything seems to be being wound-down. Duffy might have been offered a contract but at a lower wage. I know that Spurr was offered a new deal but on less money than he was on at Doncaster.

Newbie with a post like that. Do I smell a Dingle?

Another thing about Duffy, how much did he we pay for him? If I remember correctly it was a few hundred thousand but with add ons that could be up to 1.5 million... So if we did sell him, how much would we have to give to Everton?

300k I think

Gordon Greer on trial. Christ on a bike.

Our must be the first club who let players go who were nowhere near good enough only for them to return years later when the club has plummeted to their level

And yet they make exuses

Just realised that the season starts next week, do we enough players to sit on the bench?

Has to be a real worry, lacking quality is one thing, but lacking numbers is unforgivable, you can't play 3 games a week with a depleted squad, just ask Blackpool.

Just realised that the season starts next week, do we enough players to sit on the bench?

Has to be a real worry, lacking quality is one thing, but lacking numbers is unforgivable, you can't play 3 games a week with a depleted squad, just ask Blackpool.

Gav, Coyle is looking 3 or 4 signings this week according to Alan Nixon.

We have enough players.

Season starts the 6th August

We have enough players.

Suspect Coyle trying to get them in before Duffy and Marshall trundle off through the exit door as chances of getting anyone half decent in are pretty remote if you lose the likes of Duffy and Marshall.

Is there even one real rumour? A pacey striker was suppose to be close but not named.

It's all Nixon rumour. Completely meaningless and written purely to sell newspapers. When will we stop reporting this charlatan's garbage.

If we sign any striker Nixon (and Nickoteens) will say "I told you so" and if we don't there will be silence or "It was on the cards but fell through at the last minute".

It's all Nixon rumour. Completely meaningless and written purely to sell newspapers. When will we stop reporting this charlatan's garbage.

If we sign any striker Nixon (and Nickoteens) will say "I told you so" and if we don't there will be silence or "It was on the cards but fell through at the last minute".

Agreed. If this pacey striker signs it will be "knew about it all along but wasn't allowed to name him" etc.

• Moderation Lead

We have enough players.

:blink: We can't even fill a matchday squad without adding the U21s/Youth at the minute......

There is some gossip (other than Nixon) that Rovers are close to pulling off what would be regarded as a coup on the forward front.

Think Nixon vastly 'oversold' Byrne but he might not be wrong on this one.

Archived