BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chaddy, to respond to your bold post with the exclamation point... You said we have enough players little over an hour ago.

See.

If that's your point, then make it in full or else you're just confusing people. When you make a fairly explicit point and then claim you didn't say it, you can understand why this might cause annoyance/confusion, right? You can't blame me or others for not being able to read your mind, chaddy.

I still think the squad is lacking in both numbers and quality.

I was responding to Gav post(post below) that asked "do we enough players to sit on the bench?"

I would agree that our squad is lacking number and quality but the season hasn't started yet. still 12 days to go yet. plus 3 and half weeks of the transfer window to go

Just realised that the season starts next week, do we enough players to sit on the bench?

Has to be a real worry, lacking quality is one thing, but lacking numbers is unforgivable, you can't play 3 games a week with a depleted squad, just ask Blackpool.

It appears Coyle (and chaddy in his post) is trying to follow the Football Manager model. I've done it plenty of times (on my Mac, not in real life). Keep a tight squad and promote talented youngsters to the bench. Works on FM. (note: helps to have potential world class youngsters to plug the gaps and may not actually work in real life... ps I love that game)

I'm not playing Football Manager tho.

I am in favour of bringing through a couple of players from the Academy. Players like Wharton, Doyle and Mahoney. We have to start to bring through academy players and now we have kept out category 1 status.

It's not acceptable for a professional football club to not have enough players for a matchday squad without having to promote largely unproven and untested youth. Even the loans haven't played in this league before, so they're still a flight risk. We knew this was always a distinct possibility with how many were out of contract as well......

I agree its not good. The only way Players will get experience is by playing in the league. we have took a chance on a couple of players from PL Loans. Hopefully they come off

Bennett.

How much was it? The sites I use say 'undisclosed''

The last few I can find was Shane Duffy two years ago. I expect they'll be looking for a return on investment soon. Might also explain why Steele remains first choice and isn't being upgraded. Cost nearly a million quid. The only chance of recovering that will be as a first team keeper.

Coyle is impressed by him so there is no chance he would be on loan from Alan Nixon

Hope you're (Nixon's) right as I like Mahoney but there's no smoke without fire with these sorts of stories. Hardly juicy speculation.

Archived