BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

No manager is going to win at the Rovers while the Venky's and the agent run the gaff.

Rhodes money gone.

Hanley money gone.

All the money for subsequent transfers will evaporate.

They are stripping the club of any value before they pull the plug

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No manager is going to win at the Rovers while the Venky's and the agent run the gaff.

Rhodes money gone.

Hanley money gone.

Nail on the head

That for me is the vital question, though?

Will they pull the plug, or will they keep us going as a lower league zombie club?

Presumably, new signings are on much lower money than they used to be. Eventually the cost base will shrink to a degree that we could break even in league 2.

But if they don't want to sell because of skeletons in the closet, it is surely easier to just bury the bodies with a liquidation.

Equally strange that despite everyone being in agreement that this is the worst squad we've had in 30years, #coyleout reignited just 25 minutes into his first game....

He deserves time, because (whilst he would never have been the choice) he is our manager! It's also pretty stupid making him the victim when we are all convinced success is impossible with the Vs. Same goes with Cheston. The dickheads in Pune have held us back since minute they arrived.

One thing on the Lambert love on..(which I don't get)... Why does he command so much respect for walking?

He walked away from us when we needed him. I don't blame him, knowing some of the facts, but he didn't walk away for us or the club, he walked for himself. He could've tore the owners one proper in the press on the way out, instead he thanked them.

Who ultimately lost out because of this? Us! I have no respect for that decision because I want the best for us. I don't necessarily blame him for it either, many would but add that together with some really poor performances (the Bolfon away one was horrific, back to Keanesque disappointment that!)

Hence why others might not be so positive about Lambert. Given money and time I'dve thought he'd probably done well, but was that ever going to be the remit when the club has record high debt and record low revenue.

Lambert gets my respect for walking because he showed the world what a shambles this club is. He wasn't bothered about hanging on and pocketing his money whilst the club declined. He came here with an agenda - to improve the team and get competing for promotion. He wasn't prepared to compromise on his targets and accept mid table or survival, and he wasn't prepared to compromise on what he felt was needed to achieve it. He wasn't prepared to accept the appalling and ridiculous structure the scum have put in place, he wasn't prepared to accept zero communication and doing business via India all the time. He came, he saw, he offered his opinions for what we needed, he wasn't listened to, so that was that for him, time to look elsewhere.

He didn't participate in the cover up operation that almost everyone else has engaged in since Venkys arrived. The usual remit is to keep your cards close to your chest, drip feed snippets of info to the supporters from time to time, bury your frustrations, take your wage home and keep quiet. Some people have willingly done this and are complicit in the downfall of this football club, whilst others have done it because they have a family to feed and can't afford to lose their jobs. The former group of those people, which include the board members on 6 figure salaries who have been and gone whilst keeping their mouths zipped, are revolting individuals who are complicit in the demise of this club. They are looking after their own interests (which includes future employment prospects being harmed if they speak out) whilst the club crashes and burns.

Lambert comes out of this shambles with his head held high. He came to do a job, wasn't allowed to do it by the people who employed him, and walked away from it at a sensible time. He gave them plenty of warning. He told them before last season finished he was off, it was obvious before then that he was going to go if they didn't get their act together, and yet they still managed to make a mockery of appointing a new manager, first by a lengthy process that culminated with the suspicious appointment of Coyle, and secondly with the unnecessary requirement that the new manager had to work with the existing staff, only for that to turn out to be another lie.

Lambert did what no other Venky employee has done in nearly 6 years. He took on the job, despite everything that had gone on here, when some would have run a mile, gave it a go, saw it wasn't workable, publicly identified the problems and solutions, gave them chance to sort it out, and then walked at the end of the season having delivered the minimum of securing our status in the league. He didn't keep his frustrations quiet, and he didn't hang on for the money to the detriment of the team.

I think sinking to League 1 would actually prolong the stay of Venky's rather than cut it short, there is a huge gulf in running costs from Championship to league 1. Most championship clubs run themselves on a Premier League blueprint as that's where they see themselves being in the future and bear the costs in the hope they will recoup these. League 1 clubs have nowhere near the infrastructure or the back office that Championship clubs have, for instance most league 1 clubs have 2 salaried exec posts at a maximum, half of league 2 have part time football secretaries. The worrying thing is that Venky's could probably sustain a League1 club and would hope to get promotion to boost their coffers. I wouldn't be surprised if they've been sold the stories of Bournemouth and Leicester, just missing out the bits regarding the enormous investment both have seen!

Please be so kind as to impart your wisdom on us, oh great sage.

Moses apparently.

Quite the opposite as we he is leading us in the opposite direction to the promised land 😁

We've had a lad called Josh Powell on trial all pre-season turning out for the Under-21/Under-23 team. I expect that he will sign as he has looked very good in pre-season games.

He's only 18. It's a bit young for the first team goalkeeper but could be a good prospect. Was on Stockport's books last time I heard.

• Backroom

Lambert gets my respect for walking because he showed the world what a shambles this club is. He wasn't bothered about hanging on and pocketing his money whilst the club declined. He came here with an agenda - to improve the team and get competing for promotion. He wasn't prepared to compromise on his targets and accept mid table or survival, and he wasn't prepared to compromise on what he felt was needed to achieve it. He wasn't prepared to accept the appalling and ridiculous structure the scum have put in place, he wasn't prepared to accept zero communication and doing business via India all the time. He came, he saw, he offered his opinions for what we needed, he wasn't listened to, so that was that for him, time to look elsewhere.

He didn't participate in the cover up operation that almost everyone else has engaged in since Venkys arrived. The usual remit is to keep your cards close to your chest, drip feed snippets of info to the supporters from time to time, bury your frustrations, take your wage home and keep quiet. Some people have willingly done this and are complicit in the downfall of this football club, whilst others have done it because they have a family to feed and can't afford to lose their jobs. The former group of those people, which include the board members on 6 figure salaries who have been and gone whilst keeping their mouths zipped, are revolting individuals who are complicit in the demise of this club. They are looking after their own interests (which includes future employment prospects being harmed if they speak out) whilst the club crashes and burns.

Lambert comes out of this shambles with his head held high. He came to do a job, wasn't allowed to do it by the people who employed him, and walked away from it at a sensible time. He gave them plenty of warning. He told them before last season finished he was off, it was obvious before then that he was going to go if they didn't get their act together, and yet they still managed to make a mockery of appointing a new manager, first by a lengthy process that culminated with the suspicious appointment of Coyle, and secondly with the unnecessary requirement that the new manager had to work with the existing staff, only for that to turn out to be another lie.

Lambert did what no other Venky employee has done in nearly 6 years. He took on the job, despite everything that had gone on here, when some would have run a mile, gave it a go, saw it wasn't workable, publicly identified the problems and solutions, gave them chance to sort it out, and then walked at the end of the season having delivered the minimum of securing our status in the league. He didn't keep his frustrations quiet, and he didn't hang on for the money to the detriment of the team.

Well said. Lambert is the total opposite to Coyle, which is why I expect the latter to cling on for as long as possible to drain as much money as he can from the club. All whilst toeing the party line and grinning that ridiculous grin.

A long season awaits.

Nixon was shouting about January warchests on Twitter and Radio Lancashire when we got Lambert in.

Chaddy still believes in him! :) Gallagher is general knowledge. Hardly a Nixon scoop.

Rhodes money gone.

Hanley money gone.

Trouble is those others with an interest won't want to lose their revolving share of this cash cow so imagine the advise after relegation. Madame you can run this on a shoestring now and fill half the side with youth and we can use it to develop young players to sell. Just think is 2/3 years time there'll be another 25 mill to roll off the production line whilst the club has more or less paid for itself.

Total cobblers of course as it'll never work out like that but once a lightbulb has gone off in a Pune head it spells trouble.

There were plenty more very good performances, but it's obvious from that comment you wouldn't accept any of them, so there's no point continuing.

Enlighten me because I really can't remember them.

Equally strange that despite everyone being in agreement that this is the worst squad we've had in 30years, #coyleout reignited just 25 minutes into his first game....

He deserves time, because (whilst he would never have been the choice) he is our manager! It's also pretty stupid making him the victim when we are all convinced success is impossible with the Vs. Same goes with Cheston. The dickheads in Pune have held us back since minute they arrived.

One thing on the Lambert love on..(which I don't get)... Why does he command so much respect for walking?

He walked away from us when we needed him. I don't blame him, knowing some of the facts, but he didn't walk away for us or the club, he walked for himself. He could've tore the owners one proper in the press on the way out, instead he thanked them.

Who ultimately lost out because of this? Us! I have no respect for that decision because I want the best for us. I don't necessarily blame him for it either, many would but add that together with some really poor performances (the Bolfon away one was horrific, back to Keanesque disappointment that!)

Hence why others might not be so positive about Lambert. Given money and time I'dve thought he'd probably done well, but was that ever going to be the remit when the club has record high debt and record low revenue.

Rather than take the Venky shilling and be in charge of the sort of squad Coyle has, he walked. Respect.

I think sinking to League 1 would actually prolong the stay of Venky's rather than cut it short, there is a huge gulf in running costs from Championship to league 1. Most championship clubs run themselves on a Premier League blueprint as that's where they see themselves being in the future and bear the costs in the hope they will recoup these. League 1 clubs have nowhere near the infrastructure or the back office that Championship clubs have, for instance most league 1 clubs have 2 salaried exec posts at a maximum, half of league 2 have part time football secretaries. The worrying thing is that Venky's could probably sustain a League1 club and would hope to get promotion to boost their coffers. I wouldn't be surprised if they've been sold the stories of Bournemouth and Leicester, just missing out the bits regarding the enormous investment both have seen!

Probably right. I always remember the £5 million figure when they first arrived at the club. This was their original level of 'investment' into the club and I think as long as they are around this level then they will be quite content to leave the club to rot in the lower leagues. This was their budget at the start and is probably an affordable and sustainable loss to incur. They've had enough of £20 million losses, and will sell whoever they can to get as much of that back as possible. Their 'plan' over the last 3 years was clearly to try and get back up to the Premier League by underwriting big losses and keeping our better players, without any understanding of the other requirements to get a club promoted, and now its back to the original plan - try to make the club self sustainable with a few million thrown in from the parent company to pay the bills every year.

The trouble is with this structure I don't think there's any limit to how low we will fall. A relegation will just be followed by further cost cutting and dumbing down to adapt to whatever league we are in.

Well said. Lambert is the total opposite to Coyle, which is why I expect the latter to cling on for as long as possible to drain as much money as he can from the club. All whilst toeing the party line and grinning that ridiculous grin.

A long season awaits.

I have said before that Coyle should wear a happy to be here badge. He has an ego as big as his teeth as evidenced by the multitude of quotes through various media outlets. He is attracted to a microphone like a @#/? head to curry. The story about him letting it be known that he would work for less than any other managerial candidate, his almost constant and boring use of superlatives and willingness to work in the conditions he has sums him up. It's all about him.

My greatest fear with relegation is almost certainly losing our academies current status, maybe not instantly with the FA but with potential signings. We are currently seeing the damage done to the academy in Eric Kinder's absence with the likes of O'Sullivan coming through. Kinder has since returned and brought the standards back up but it takes 3-5 years to see any reward on the pitch for Academy development. If we get relegated we will be recruiting league 1 level scholars, they're with us for several years, if we were then to get promoted back to the championship your looking at a minimum 5 years before the academy is in a position to yield anything worthwhile.

Whilst I understand people wanting us to get relegated I personally think it would do untold damage that we may never recover from.

Rather than take the Venky shilling and be in charge of the sort of squad Coyle has, he walked. Respect.

Yep he could so easily have ridden the gravy train into the next two years of his contract and hid behind midtable consolidation. Not exactly doing much now is he and just think of the money he's walked away from, probably a million quid.

This fella's cut from different cloth than your Keans and Coyles etc.

Whilst I like Lambert and think he seems a decent guy I think all this white knight stuff is a bit OTT, we don't know what severance clauses/package he may or may not have had, we don't know how handsomely they were paying him, etc. At the end of the day he was being paid a great deal of money to be here, lets not pretend he was some kind of altruistic saviour of Blackburn Rovers.

No but there were plenty more pickings to be had and maybe a nice cushy number for a couple of years or failing that a handsome pay off. I don't think he's a hero I just think he has a bit more integrity than some of the others.

He wanted to do a job he didn't just want a job.

Seen a lot of Lambert-bashing on the LT site lately. All absolute gubbins too. Talk of how it's Lambert's fault Spurr and Killa left as he didn't offer them a contract. I can't say exactly how/when/where I spoke to a current BRFC player (or whom), but I had it straight from the horses mouth that it's up to the Venky's to put contracts on the table and how there's a lot of uncertainty amongst the players as their current deals come closer to ending, with no new offer in sight, which could see the squad weakened further as players might leave for nothing/a pittance. Wouldn't be surprised if Marshall and/or Duffy left.

He also said how much of a shambles the club is. Some things I can't post on here as I don't want to give it away where the info has come from, but I guess it confirms what a lot of us suspected.

Blaming Lambert for not getting promoted with Bowyer's squad plus a few loans is churlish.

Blaming Lambert for not sticking around when the writing was on the wall - and proven correct - is naive.

The only surprise is that Lambert didn't walk away earlier and stuck around to the end of the season - despite being ignored by the owners.

It's all well and good saying he asked for too much money but the kind of numbers talked about (£20m was mentioned at the time) are what it would take to turn this squad of rejects into promotion candidates.

If that wasn't and isn't the ambition then Lambert was deceived and was right to want a clause enabling him to walk away.

Graham, Gomez and even Bennett are exactly the kind of players we needed - improvements on the current playing staff - and given that Graham is still seen as our best player it's a shame that people can't see what Lambert was trying to do.

It's one thing being bitter, or even disliking the bloke, but he knew what he wanted to do, he was ambitious for the club and - yes, of course - himself. The only sad thing is that Lambert player into Venkys hands when he seemed to lose interest well AFTER it became clear he was being ignored because this is now being used as a 'benchmark' for Lambert's team performances when the project was barely even started.

No but there were plenty more pickings to be had and maybe a nice cushy number for a couple of years or failing that a handsome pay off. I don't think he's a hero I just think he has a bit more integrity than some of the others.

He wanted to do a job he didn't just want a job.

I totally agree,as a say, seems a decent bloke and someone who wants to improve himself and those around him. My point was merely that its becoming a bit OTT in some corners, both in terms of praise and criticism.

Whilst you are waxing lyrical about what a great bloke PL is, doesn't it occur to you that we are still here for all his "head held high" stuff? I don't care if he walked away with dignity, he walked away, from my club that needed a manager! Do I understand his reasons? Yes. Was it the best thing for us? Not in the slightest.

There is no way that PL could've taken the job on without knowing what was the most likely situation. Following season no parachute and the club is already way way in debt...

Despite what he may have been told, the writing has been on the wall since GB took over. I can't have much respect for a bloke who starts his tenure with there will be no "excuses about money", and then leaves with his very own excuse about money!

Anybody who knows this club will know the limit that we are at. You have asked for investment all summer JHR, and whilst I'm well with you on "wanting" it, reality is stark. In what other walk of life can a business get more than 3 times its own worth into debt without repercussions?

If PL really was a true great, legend in the making etc- he'd have stayed and faced it, carried on publicly haranguing the owners, improved us from within and achieved. He put himself and his own reputation before Blackburn Rovers, my priority - hence why I've no time to hear about this "love in". To be sure, this is the third time I've said this - I understand why he walked but that doesn't mean I can't think less of him for it.

Archived