BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

So we've gone from 5 signings to 2-3 signings, to 2 signings...

Coyle quoted in today's LT as "one or two" additions. By the end of next week it will be a big fat zero and with the departures of Duffy/Marshall to come on top of an increasing injury list. Still, there's always Wes Brown to hobble to the rescue..

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coyle quoted in today's LT as "one or two" additions. By the end of next week it will be a big fat zero and with the departures of Duffy/Marshall to come on top of an increasing injury list. Still, there's always Wes Brown to hobble to the rescue..

Absolute joke.

We seemed to struggle paying off the most recent coaches we didn't want? Also, it's likely Guthrie would've gone by looking how much he's played this year... The pay off days are done at Ewood (for ridiculous wages players I mean and hope!)

If Brown is training with us still, what's the issue? Can't be drawing a wage, he's likely living within a reasonable distance and if we do lose a centre back and cannot reinvest, he might work as a decent fall back.

Old experienced CBs at this level can work.

He'll be a replacement not a "fall-back"! It's called asset-stripping. Why do you think he's been hanging round all this time?

well its no surprise really. The only surprise would be, if Coyle manages to get through the entire season.

There's non so blind...

And where are the contracts that Coyle proclaimed would be offered this week to Marshall and Duffy. You know the ones were Wheelbrace crowed 'Venkys set to offer fresh terms' yet the actual content of the article showed nothing of the sort just presumption.

There's non so blind...

And where are the contracts that Coyle proclaimed would be offered this week to Marshall and Duffy. You know the ones were Wheelbrace crowed 'Venkys set to offer fresh terms' yet the actual content of the article showed nothing of the sort just presumption.

Decision making and the need for speed in making those decisions in professional football is something which the owners have never been able to understand. Although I dislike Nixon's newspaper stuff, I must say he was excellent on the radio the other night when he pointed out that the way the owners make decisions is the reason why the Rovers will never compete in the transfer window for players. It's just one of the many failings that have contributed to our downfall.

Despite Rovers advertising weeks/months ago for a CEO / 'Liaison Executive', no appointment has yet been made.

As we know, this was expected to be a 'shoo-in' for Pasha.

Think this tells you all you need to know about Venky's short term strategy.

Despite Rovers advertising weeks/months ago for a CEO / 'Liaison Executive', no appointment has yet been made.

As we know, this was expected to be a 'shoo-in' for Pasha.

Think this tells you all you need to know about Venky's short term strategy.

how do i apply for this position?

One of the pre-requisites for applying was being fluent in Hindi and Marathi! They actually advertised it via the Job Centre.

the feck! so who actually out of the top CEO's in the world apart from India, would actually have these? Unbelievable. I can talk fluently bullshit though, so im hoping that can work

There wasn't too much of a hold up when Coyle wanted his own men on the staff though. Why is that?

Because relative to a mediocre Championship player, the wages of Stewart, Henry and Hughes will be diddly squat.

So i Reckon it's Brown & Gallagher to come in on a free and a loan and we will sell Marshall & Duffy before the transfer window finishes.

At least one of Marshall and Duffy will be sold.

The club clearly has no intention of keeping either, if they did they would have put together a good offer and given it to them in good time rather than doing nothing. To allow two of our most important players to enter the last 12 months of their deals without offering them fresh terms is pathetic.

I don't blame Coyle here, he no doubt wants them to stay, but I really hope he doesn't try to dress it up when they are sold. Its obvious what the problem is here and why they haven't been offered new contracts. The worst part of it is that both players have publicly said they would be happy to stay and haven't even had anything to consider yet whilst the club wastes valuable time.

At least one of Marshall and Duffy will be sold.

The club clearly has no intention of keeping either, if they did they would have put together a good offer and given it to them in good time rather than doing nothing. To allow two of our most important players to enter the last 12 months of their deals without offering them fresh terms is pathetic.

I don't blame Coyle here, he no doubt wants them to stay, but I really hope he doesn't try to dress it up when they are sold. Its obvious what the problem is here and why they haven't been offered new contracts. The worst part of it is that both players have publicly said they would be happy to stay and haven't even had anything to consider yet whilst the club wastes valuable time.

It's going to get worse and worse for us, the sale sign is on all of our players heads.

Sam Gallagher having his medical today/tonight

Coyle still after a left back and centre back(not brown) I am led to believe

You're led to believe? Not having a go but you may as well say it's come from Nixon Chadsterrrr ^_^

Archived