BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Not exactly fuming about what they did, I'm not on twitter so will have missed the boat etc but I would definitely be open to taking him back under the right circumstances.

It was in poor taste though.

Just Google #rovers, you dont have to be a Twatter. Much ado about nothing.

As Al has already said put him at LB ^_^

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously guys. You dont have an idea how bad he was when he returned to Norway. Nowhere near good enough and he wasnt for his last 1-2 years at Rovers either. Offered very very little.

correct

the lad's heart was always in the right place and he always gave his all but he had been pretty shocking for a couple of seasons before he left

From Nixon

Blackburn. Prem loan left back target thinks he might have a Prem move. May go elsewhere themselves.

Far too slow Venkys in signing these deals off.

As you said Chaddy "too slow". We need to be on the ball, and take the opportunities. We can only do so if we have people in Blackburn who have delegated authority to act without referring back.

Luckily I have a boss who gives me a budget and agrees, after discussion and interrogation, that I have the authority to decide without reference upwards. It makes you think twice and check, but to succeed you need to reduce the decision making "gates" and trust people to make good decisions 90% of the time without having to refer all the time.

The V's need to either sod off or put people in place with true delegated authority.

As you said Chaddy "too slow". We need to be on the ball, and take the opportunities. We can only do so if we have people in Blackburn who have delegated authority to act without referring back.

Luckily I have a boss who gives me a budget and agrees, after discussion and interrogation, that I have the authority to decide without reference upwards. It makes you think twice and check, but to succeed you need to reduce the decision making "gates" and trust people to make good decisions 90% of the time without having to refer all the time.

The V's need to either sod off or put people in place with true delegated authority.

Your point is so relevant to the whole mess Mike and begs the question as to why Cheston can't authorise these deals which are loans when all said and done. To my mind every time it happens Cheston is completely undermined and any Chief Exec with credibility just wouldn't put up with it.

Your point is so relevant to the whole mess Mike and begs the question as to why Cheston can't authorise these deals which are loans when all said and done. To my mind every time it happens Cheston is completely undermined and any Chief Exec with credibility just wouldn't put up with it.

We need a Chief Exec. Cheston (Finance Director) is clueless if he thinks he can run things from Blackburn.

We need a Chief Exec. Cheston (Finance Director) is clueless if he thinks he can run things from Blackburn.

to be fair to Cheston, its not really his fault he is in this position. He has to get on with it, and if he moans, he is out of a job.

It appears he doesn't have any authority to sign off player deals which is ridiculous. Quite why he puts up with the farcical situation baffles me. Under the Indians regime though it wouldn't matter who we had, if they don't have autonomy to even bring in loan players then the we will never get the right person in to run things.

Pointless having a CEO if, as Preston Blue has pointed out above, he or she does not have any delegated authority.

The norm is for commercial and public organisations to have parameters within which its executive officers and managers can operate. An efficient organisation will have a robust post completion review of 'major' decisions / actions taken and its executive officers and managers will be judged appropriately; an important part of this process is to expand on what works well and take the learnings from what doesn't.

In my opinion, Rovers are one of the most under-managed and dysfunctional organisations that I have ever come across in my working and professional life. The evidence is there for all to see. If only a tenth of the 'other' gossip is correct then it truly is frightening.

Wheelock on Twitter:

'Owen Coyle sat down with Shane Duffy and Ben Marshall today. Said improved contract offers will be with their reps this afternoon'

Presumably this has all been delayed in the hope that someone pays silly money as the transfer deadline approaches and too late to find any replacements even on loan.

Wheelock on Twitter:

'Owen Coyle sat down with Shane Duffy and Ben Marshall today. Said improved contract offers will be with their reps this afternoon'

Absolutely pathetic, amateurish and incompetence on a scale not seen since Roy Keanes contract was locked in the safe over the weekend.

I'd be very surprised if both players haven't already got contacts/terms already in place away from Ewood.

Why would they stay? Money will be poor, club prospects are poor, I'd leave if I was in either players shoes.

Rovers should ask Manutd left back Fosu-Mensah on loan. Just signed a new deal but hardly gets any minutes as he is third choice. What I saw last season the lad is a real deal.

Man Ure will want to thin their squad down. The Spoilt One doesn't like big squads. As long as we down take little crappy kids off them. No more Russell Beardsmore thank you.

Pointless having a CEO if, as Preston Blue has pointed out above, he or she does not have any delegated authority.

The norm is for commercial and public organisations to have parameters within which its executive officers and managers can operate. An efficient organisation will have a robust post completion review of 'major' decisions / actions taken and its executive officers and managers will be judged appropriately; an important part of this process is to expand on what works well and take the learnings from what doesn't.

In my opinion, Rovers are one of the most under-managed and dysfunctional organisations that I have ever come across in my working and professional life. The evidence is there for all to see. If only a tenth of the 'other' gossip is correct then it truly is frightening.

The bit that really scares me is 90% of SMEs in the UK have more board members.. SMEs FFS.. Organisation is utterly the wrong word to even consider, I have more board members in all of my companies, and all of my clients companies and not one is bigger than 50 employees with most being 5-10.

It appears he doesn't have any authority to sign off player deals which is ridiculous. Quite why he puts up with the farcical situation baffles me. Under the Indians regime though it wouldn't matter who we had, if they don't have autonomy to even bring in loan players then the we will never get the right person in to run things.

I would suggest that Cheston puts up with it as it pays his bills.

His brief is clearly to recommend ways of cutting back and saving money.

I think the 2 or 3 signings will equate to Gallagher and Brown , then on deadline day when 1or both of Duffy and Marshall are sold we'll be scratting round for a winger on loan

I'm quite suspicious about Coyle's comments in the Telegraph this morning about the futures of Marshall and Duffy.

'Coyle has confirmed the players and their representatives WILL BE in possession of fresh and upgraded terms' - so have they been offered new deals, or is this another one of those things that is going to happen soon but hasn't actually happened yet?

'I had a really good chat with them and WE'LL PUT SOMETHING TO THEIR ADVISORS and its up to them to come back and say whether its acceptable or whether its not and they are looking for X, Y or Z' - so reading that it appears to confirm that as yet they still haven't been offered new deals, Coyle is still talking about doing something in the future.

'But for me at least it shows that forward motion in respect of trying to achieve something' - what? Does this mean anything?

'Of course as players they are in a very strong position going into the last year of their contracts' - so this is what we fall back on when they are sold. Because they held all the cards and wouldn't commit to what the club offered them, the club had no choice other than to grant the players their wishes and let them leave.

I interpret some of the things he has said as a man who knows that they aren't staying but is doing as previous incumbents of the managers chair have done under Venkys and participating in the charade. Remember the Junior Hoilett scenario? This seems to have similarities. Back then the new contract with improved terms was always just around the corner, soon, etc. but never actually happened.

I really am struggling to believe that Venkys have authorised the issuing of new contracts on improved terms to these two players. It would fly in the face of all they have done over the last 2 years. Sell sell sell and cut cut cut but now they're going to keep these two and offer them improved terms?

Its completely disgraceful, foolish, unprofessional and dangerous to have allowed this situation to develop, and even if, and its a big if, new offers are on the table with improved terms, I'd be astonished if either were agreeing to commit to this club given its prospects and the way it has behaved in recent months. Both players will have had other clubs whispering in their ears all summer and that is what we are competing against. Clubs that are proactive, ambitious and make players feel wanted.

I just think there is a strategy now to make the players into the villains so when the club sells them they try to minimise the fury from the fans. I can see it now. .The club offered them fresh terms, but the players weren't prepared to accept what the club felt were very good terms, the players were in the strong position and the club felt that if they didn't want to commit to the club then it had no choice but to sell them now and get some money in, which is very important to us in an era of FFP'

I'm quite suspicious about Coyle's comments in the Telegraph this morning about the futures of Marshall and Duffy.

'Coyle has confirmed the players and their representatives WILL BE in possession of fresh and upgraded terms' - so have they been offered new deals, or is this another one of those things that is going to happen soon but hasn't actually happened yet?

'I had a really good chat with them and WE'LL PUT SOMETHING TO THEIR ADVISORS and its up to them to come back and say whether its acceptable or whether its not and they are looking for X, Y or Z' - so reading that it appears to confirm that as yet they still haven't been offered new deals, Coyle is still talking about doing something in the future.

'But for me at least it shows that forward motion in respect of trying to achieve something' - what? Does this mean anything?

'Of course as players they are in a very strong position going into the last year of their contracts' - so this is what we fall back on when they are sold. Because they held all the cards and wouldn't commit to what the club offered them, the club had no choice other than to grant the players their wishes and let them leave.

I interpret some of the things he has said as a man who knows that they aren't staying but is doing as previous incumbents of the managers chair have done under Venkys and participating in the charade. Remember the Junior Hoilett scenario? This seems to have similarities. Back then the new contract with improved terms was always just around the corner, soon, etc. but never actually happened.

I really am struggling to believe that Venkys have authorised the issuing of new contracts on improved terms to these two players. It would fly in the face of all they have done over the last 2 years. Sell sell sell and cut cut cut but now they're going to keep these two and offer them improved terms?

Its completely disgraceful, foolish, unprofessional and dangerous to have allowed this situation to develop, and even if, and its a big if, new offers are on the table with improved terms, I'd be astonished if either were agreeing to commit to this club given its prospects and the way it has behaved in recent months. Both players will have had other clubs whispering in their ears all summer and that is what we are competing against. Clubs that are proactive, ambitious and make players feel wanted.

I just think there is a strategy now to make the players into the villains so when the club sells them they try to minimise the fury from the fans. I can see it now. .The club offered them fresh terms, but the players weren't prepared to accept what the club felt were very good terms, the players were in the strong position and the club felt that if they didn't want to commit to the club then it had no choice but to sell them now and get some money in, which is very important to us in an era of FFP'

The guy talks drivel every time he opens his mouth.

Like we said ages ago they seem to be painting a picture of the ball being totally in the players courts. Even by V's dithering standards there's been no excuse not to put contracts in front of two of our remaining best players weeks ago.

You could see this coming a mile off and you can script the rest of it. I've an idea Marshall might sign but Duffy'll be off his injury prone 36 yrd old replacement is here and waiting.

Archived