BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Replying to a post without anything but a put down is acceptable then?

Yes but Jbizzle asks for it. Whatever you post he will take the opposite view. Most argumentative poster I have ever seen. I have him on ignore but people keep quoting him because he wants to argue all the time.

I'm the argumentative one? I haven't put someone on ignore for asking a legitimate question, then proceeded to wade in with my opinion on their merits on the forum.

Hard to rack up lots of good performances when you are rarely picked surely?

I can't believe you think that's an "insult" in the context of an MB.

You are being a bit soft there imo.

50+ apps, the Birmingham away game and cup game (was it Stoke?) was only thing that stood out.

His pace was frightening granted, but poor final ball or finish sometimes. I'dve loved to keep him and a load more players! That doesn't change the frustration to read history rewritten here.

All some of us are saying in regards to King are the limited attributes he did have could have been harnessed a bit more effectively than they were. I think that point has been proven by his time in the Prem although he'll probably never be more than an impact sub type player wherever he is.

Remember Ian Miller ? Couldn't beat a guy for toffee with skill and was all about push it past a man on the outside and get after it then cross. 8 out of ten were over hit or in the crowd but he was very quick and managed to be turned into an effective attacking force just by law of averages.

Remember Ian Miller ? Couldn't beat a guy for toffee with skill and was all about push it past a man on the outside and get after it then cross. 8 out of ten were over hit or in the crowd but he was very quick and managed to be turned into an effective attacking force just by law of averages.

You couldn't have described Feeney better if you'd tried. Let's hope he becomes an effective attacking force.

You couldn't have described Feeney better if you'd tried. Let's hope he becomes an effective attacking force.

At least someone constantly tacking people on and getting past his man adds a bit of excitement to the match. Nothing better than a winger in full flight I used to love Windy as a kid even if it often ended in a groan!

It's ok we know you live in denial of facts ;)

Amusing, isn't it. When someone doesn't like a fact pointed out to them the just say: "yawn", "boring", or "done to death". As though a different reason has to be given, i.e. one that they can argue against.

It's an undeniable fact that we wasted our best chance of getting out of this league on a novice. That wasn't Bowyer's fault per se (although he could have walked after that first period of steadying the club, knowing taking us forward was beyond him, and forced their hand). Instead, he put up with their BS and played his part in keeping a lid on things whilst the money ran out.

Only now that we have NO money do we seem to be trying the experienced manager route - proving they are cheap and don't ask for much. Too late.

It's ok we know you live in denial of facts ;)

Amusing, isn't it. When someone doesn't like a fact pointed out to them the just say: "yawn", "boring", or "done to death". As though a different reason has to be given, i.e. one that they can argue against.

It's an undeniable fact that we wasted our best chance of getting out of this league on a novice. That wasn't Bowyer's fault per se (although he could have walked after that first period of steadying the club, knowing taking us forward was beyond him, and forced their hand). Instead, he put up with their BS and played his part in keeping a lid on things whilst the money ran out.

Only now that we have NO money do we seem to be trying the experienced manager route - proving they are cheap and don't ask for much. Too late.

Undeniable facts are generally statistics or precedent! How is a "viewpoint" undeniable for anyone but those who may share the same view?

I'm not going into the GB debate, it's dead. Rewritten for those of a certain way of thinking. I know how I see those "undeniable facts" about wasting our best chance, and the argument has always been the same - he put us in those positions.

There is little left to say on GB, but perhaps posters should consider that their past views are not accepted or undeniable facts. They are a viewpoint. I found it silly seeing the way two seperate people with two seperate impacts on the club, in the opposite light that I'd see them.

• Backroom

All we can say for certain is that Coyle is somehow making the days of Bowyer seem like a golden era.

Last season was bad, but at least we were competing and our losses were by narrow margins. This season every game we don't receive a drubbing will be considered an achievement.

All we can say for certain is that Coyle is somehow making the days of Bowyer seem like a golden era.

Last season was bad, but at least we were competing and our losses were by narrow margins. This season every game we don't receive a drubbing will be considered an achievement.

They were the 'golden era', Top 10 finishes were manna from heaven under our hopeless and hapless overlords.

• Backroom

They were the 'golden era', Top 10 finishes were manna from heaven under our hopeless and hapless overlords.

Venky's - making a top half finish in the Championship an exciting prospect.

I'm used to people on here saying "We need a whole new team", "sack the lot of them" etc etc and always viewed that kind of extremism as totally ridiculous. However watching today the only player I would keep was Byrne.

Obviously Stokes and Graham have shown better so there is some hope there. But I think anyone else we could probably let go and find better. Marshall and Duffy were both shocking today but are, by and large, decent players yet I seriously doubt their heart is in it. They must be looking for moves. Feeney, Lowe, Henley, Steel are all truly abysmal. Lenihan and Conway look shadows of their former selves (which was just being average Championship players)

We really ballsed up in losing Lambert. He could lead, spot a player, and tactically set up the team. No Ferguson, but he was capable. The Coyle appointment is catastrophic. We have a poor set of players, and now a manager who cannot lead and inspire them. His one good spell (with Burnley) he was leading a team on the up. Whenever he has gone into struggling teams he has done nothing to turn around or improve them. We are going down. Pretty much nailed on.

The only hope is that Venkys cut their losses and sling their hook.

Paul Wheelock ‏@PaulWheelock

Reports from @francefootball that #rovers have bid for Lens centre-back Abdoul Ba. Believe there is genuine interest there.

Reports from France Paul?!

You're the Rovers journo you utter clown how about confirming the bid has gone in you two-bob pen pusher.

Joker.

• Backroom

Paul Wheelock ‏@PaulWheelock

Reports from @francefootball that #rovers have bid for Lens centre-back Abdoul Ba. Believe there is genuine interest there.

Reports from France Paul?!

You're the Rovers journo you utter clown how about confirming the bid has gone in you two-bob pen pusher.

Joker.

That would suggest we are spending money, which seems unlikely.

Will be a cheap replacement for Duffy. Make things look like they're ticking over. No matter who we sign, it won't solve the glaring inadequacies in an Owen Coyle squad.

You have to think that his replacement is already at the club, it just needed Duffy to go first.

We'll see but I'm going to predict Duffy out and "Brownie" in.

on Twitter football league transfer gossip account

Rovers linked with Stoke Marc Wilson

not sure how truth but it what we need

The word 'sell' in this article could well scupper any deal.

http://m.stokesentinel.co.uk/stoke-city-marc-wilson-8217-s-days-are-numbered-admits-mark-hughes/story-29613378-detail/story.html

photo-thumb-5762.jpg?_r=1371412197 Posted by savage90 on 28 June 2016 - 22:24 PM

"We should be busier than we are. Marshall and Lowe are midfielders and Lowe is one who has very little impact. Settling for makeshift players in any position costs you at this level too.

We need additions all over, including a new #1 goalkeeper.

"If you want to finish 14th and give leads away, play Ben Marshall or Jason Lowe at right back and spend the season trying to make your mind up on Adam Henley. Alternatively get shopping."

Hate to say I told you so Owen. If the fans can see it before the season starts why can't the professionals?

• Backroom

The dummy is out for Duffy I think

His dad was on Facebook saying this team isn't good for him and sonething has to give

Happy to forget he's the constant in the middle the last 2 games

Archived