BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Cryer, that embittered sad man who hates us, despite reporting on us giving him an opportunity to work for the Beeb. So strange.

Agreed. His Twitter feed reads like him being a petulant sod when it comes to Rovers.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disappointed with Cryers hatred towards Rovers these days. He used too get a bit of stick on Twitter from a few but the way he's acted towards us since leaving for the BBC is a joke and pretty uncalled for really. Ah well, F$£% him :rolleyes:

Assuming you dont want Rovers relegated,with zero spent on incoming transfers,if Duffy & Marshall are both sold it will be some achievement to get to 21st place.

Only Burnley seem as threadbare and penny-pinching as ourselves,but they do have a proper structure in place not to mention Premier League football.

Hull may be equally threadbare from what I am hearing.

Cryer's true feelings towards Rovers were always suspect. After reading some of his stories over the years as a Rovers correspondent I couldn't help but get the impression that he wasn't just not a Rovers fan, but that he harboured hostile feelings towards the club. These had to be suppressed to some extent whilst he made his living reporting on the club, but those who looked carefully enough could see a simmering resentment/hatred of Rovers bubbling away beneath the surface. Probably something to do with him supporting a club that has never achieved anything of note but think they should because they are in a big city whilst a town club like Rovers has done more in the last 20 years alone than his club has ever or will ever achieve.

Now he's away from Rovers he can let it all flow freely and its blatantly obvious what his true feelings are.

Don't really see the problem with the Gallagher one. I doubt many people would recognise him by his face, and most people knew he was signing anyway, so it hardly spoiled the surprise.

That story has Cryer's fingerprints all over it.

Wouldn't be surprised if they meant to crop the picture to just show the sign and hands and uploaded the full picture in error.

More disappointing is the MGP one - that was just dumb and really shows how isolated the club is from the disillusion of the fans at present. It may even have just been Morten's idea because he probably isn't aware of the current feeling of fans. Maybe now Kean has gone he thinks all is well. Think again Morten.

Even more disappointing is the thought that MGP would get the fans excited. Loved him when he was here but he's about two seasons beyond championship level now. Would be nice to have him back in some capacity though at some point.

Cryer's true feelings towards Rovers were always suspect. After reading some of his stories over the years as a Rovers correspondent I couldn't help but get the impression that he wasn't just not a Rovers fan, but that he harboured hostile feelings towards the club. These had to be suppressed to some extent whilst he made his living reporting on the club, but those who looked carefully enough could see a simmering resentment/hatred of Rovers bubbling away beneath the surface. Probably something to do with him supporting a club that has never achieved anything of note but think they should because they are in a big city whilst a town club like Rovers has done more in the last 20 years alone than his club has ever or will ever achieve.

Now he's away from Rovers he can let it all flow freely and its blatantly obvious what his true feelings are.

Don't knock it. It's an actual story in the mainstream press that reminds folk that we still aren't happy with Venkys.

Im not surprised Cryer is bitter. Our fans pushed him over the edge during those dark days, where the fans literally forced his hand to print the "Kean must go" article

Cryer bottled that too. The headline and the comment piece which was inside the paper was attributed to either the editor or the sport editor - not Cryer.

Probably done so that he could say to Kean / The club " that was nothing to do with me".

I didn't mind him on Twitter during his Rovers days but now he's just another bitter rival fan with a grudge.

MGP, I would not want him back, despite all the good things he did for the Rovers, two things that come to mind when I think of him are, that header in the semi against Chelsea, and his shameful dive at Arsenal.

The double away at Old Trafford is up there, second one was a great finish. Hit it in more or less the only place that Van der Sar couldn't get to.

Cryer, that embittered sad man who hates us, despite reporting on us giving him an opportunity to work for the Beeb. So strange.

Anyone can work at the Beeb, it's no great achievement.

His 'journalism' during the King rat era was embarrassing, in fact all the local journalism during Venkys time here has been pathetic and is the reason nobody reads the local rag anymore.

The Telegraph has let the town and the fans down badly, when it could have been front and centre in the fight to rid us of this evil.

If he doesn't get much game time at the start of the season id be keen for us to make a loan move for Jarrod Bowen from Hull. I'm a bit biased as I know his family but he looks to have a bright future ahead. He's been involved in a lot of Hulls pre-season and scored as well. He played for Hereford United before they went bust and scored goals in the rough and tumble of the conference.

Had a chat with Cryer once at 5 a side tournament, i think he was on my team... Confirmed a lot of what we speculate.

My son and his young team came across Cryer and his cronies in a midweek league on Witton's astro. My lad reckons they were a conceited and nasty lot who thought they could take a few liberties, however, they got a bit more than they bargained for and slumped off beaten and bruised.

He looks like he has potential but I would have preferred a pacey type to give us a different dimension

Coyle on the same bloke you were on about:-

“He’s a powerful lad, 6ft 4in, strong, very, very quick, and can score goals, and I think he adds to the forward players in Danny Graham and Anthony Stokes and gives us a different dimension"

You should be a scout for Burnley!

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/14680349.Owen_Coyle__New_Blackburn_Rovers_striker_Sam_Gallagher_can_push_Danny_Graham_and_Anthony_Stokes_all_the_way/?ref=mac

About right that Bumley favourites are now overtly selecting our players. They've been doing that secretly for the last 6 years.

Think I'll stick with Tom's view for now than, former Bumley favourite, Coyle's until I've actually seen him burning up opposition Championship players.

• Backroom

Coyle on the same bloke you were on about:-

Hes a powerful lad, 6ft 4in, strong, very, very quick, and can score goals, and I think he adds to the forward players in Danny Graham and Anthony Stokes and gives us a different dimension"

You should be a scout for Burnley!

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/14680349.Owen_Coyle__New_Blackburn_Rovers_striker_Sam_Gallagher_can_push_Danny_Graham_and_Anthony_Stokes_all_the_way/?ref=mac

Coyle on SEM 'never heard of them'

this is a bloke we can all trust for sure.

That being said I hope he does have some decent pace as we are lacking it

I haven't seen him play but it's good to know we may have brought in someone with a bit of pace. I'm guessing Coyle has seen him play more than any of us so he's probably got more idea. Unless he's just telling fibs for the sake of it. Nah, not Coyley.

Coyle on SEM 'never heard of them'

this is a bloke we can all trust for sure.

That being said I hope he does have some decent pace as we are lacking it

I've just said pretty much the same. It was just funny he used the same phrases as you (different dimension). Maybe he's an avid reader of this site.

Archived