BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent shout given he is nowhere near their first team and slipping further away. And a very speedy player.

Bet we couldn't afford - I mean venkys would refuse to sanction - his wages though.

Traore from chelsea gone on loan to ajax

Goes to show how futile our "efforts" were in bringing him in. Like he would choose some Champ strugglers over a top Eredivisie club. I said at the time, it was a transfer that was never going to happen, but was no doubt info leaked from the club to give the impression we are working to sign quality players. Funny how some people bought into it though.

It does.

I'd put a fair few Indian Rupees on Rovers being presently hawked around Asia.

I do not think the Raos will sell the club domestically.

totally agree with this, hopefully to someone like Leicester's owners tbh they are more likely to sell us Ali Sayed mk2

7 new signings? Is it?

Graham

Stokes

Greer

Byrne

Hendrie

Feeney

Gallagher

And not a bean was spent.

Maybe all clubs should be run this way if such great players can be brought in so cheaply and sold for millions. No wonder Venkys don't want to sell.

7 signings.

3 of them loans in Gallagher, Hendrie and Byrne. All youngsters, unproven at this level.

1 of them is 35 and on a 12 month contract.

The other 3 are Danny Graham, Anthony Stokes and Liam Feeney who have signed longer contracts.

From the squad that finished last season we've lost:

Chris Brown

Chris Taylor

Simeon Jackson

Nathan Delfouneso

Lee Williamson

Tommy Spurr

Matt Kilgallon

Matt Grimes

Jordi Gomez

Grant Hanley

Off the top of my head. Whilst a number of those we've lost were garbage and glad to get rid of them, it still leaves a big gaping hole in our squad and a major lack of options that as yet hasn't been sorted out.

All with a net £7 million profit to boot.

Unless we get another 3-4 quality players in before September arrives then relegation will be when rather than if.

• Backroom

I know it's highly unlikely but IF Wes Brown can stay fit...he's far and away a better CB than Hanley!

It's the IF that makes him a poorer one :P

Not to mention, Hanley had age on his side (as does Duffy).

It's the IF that's the problem Mani. When did he last have a full season?

Not sure he ever has mate!

So was Ryan Nelson but I don't see us trialling him. It's time for the pundits sofa for Wes.

Not sure he is done mate. Did you watch him last season? Easily Sunderlands best CB (Albeit not an amazing achievement but still PL)

It's the IF that makes him a poorer one :P

Not to mention, Hanley had age on his side (as does Duffy).

Age isn't a major issue when you're just trying to get through this season though

Archived