BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Any news on Duffy and Marshall? Honestly, why would they sign new deals? Rovers are hardly paying silly wages and they would walk to almost any other Championship side starting line up. There is few PL sides who desperately need players also. Hull is such a poor team atm. Sunderland are signing Man Utd players now but after that will look elsewhere. Duffy could be an option if Kone is sold.

Off topic but why is Klopp not signing van Aanholt from Sunderland? They need one good left back and the poor lad is way too good for playing against relegation every season.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sam Gallagher having his medical today/tonight

Coyle still after a left back and centre back(not brown) I am led to believe

He's gone full Paul Wheelock. 'Led to believe' i.e. read it on some journo's Twitter account.

At least Gallagher should be fit. He's almost 21 and has started 9 games in his whole career despite breaking through at 18. Southampton must be laughing getting someone to pay his wages until his contract runs out. He's their equivalent of John Sullivan really. I'm very cynical about the loan of youngsters who are already past the point where they might break through at their host club.

Despite Rovers advertising weeks/months ago for a CEO / 'Liaison Executive', no appointment has yet been made.

As we know, this was expected to be a 'shoo-in' for Pasha.

Think this tells you all you need to know about Venky's short term strategy.

They probably don't want to give him a pay rise!

At least Gallagher should be fit. He's almost 21 and has started 9 games in his whole career despite breaking through at 18. Southampton must be laughing getting someone to pay his wages until his contract runs out. He's their equivalent of John Sullivan really. I'm very cynical about the loan of youngsters who are already past the point where they might break through at their host club.

Like Jack Byrne?

Because relative to a mediocre Championship player, the wages of Stewart, Henry and Hughes will be diddly squat.

Surely with the sale of Hanley, Rhodes and Ollsson and the release of all the deadwood we're well in credit for a cheap loan. I don't believe for a minute that he'd be on Koita's wage for example?

So, why wait for the go ahead when it's a net saving anyway? And it's not like it's a 2 or 3 year contract either. It smells to me - either all decisions go through Venky's or not. I don't for a minute believe they sanctioned the new coaches but they apparently hold sway on all players??

John Curtis was a bit like that and he turned out decent. Think he went on loan to Barnsley before we signed him

Surely with the sale of Hanley, Rhodes and Ollsson and the release of all the deadwood we're well in credit for a cheap loan. I don't believe for a minute that he'd be on Koita's wage for example?

So, why wait for the go ahead when it's a net saving anyway? And it's not like it's a 2 or 3 year contract either. It smells to me - either all decisions go through Venky's or not. I don't for a minute believe they sanctioned the new coaches but they apparently hold sway on all players??

Looks to me like the Venky's well is virtually dry. f they can't pay the bills, someone is going to come a calling. I have a feeling we will get an announcement at some point this season, that the players wages, haven't been paid. Something just doesn't feel right at the minute and I know that's been the case for over 5 years, but this feels different.

Gallagher was very highly rated and even if he doesn't quite fulfil his potential, he could still be a good player, he's only 20 for goodness sake. It sounds like he had a bit of a hard time in his personal life last season, there's every chance he will prove a good addition to our very weak squad.

Venues are despicable, if they didn't want to put any money in, why sign Danny Graham? Surely he is on a relatively good wage...

Gallagher was very highly rated and even if he doesn't quite fulfil his potential, he could still be a good player, he's only 20 for goodness sake. It sounds like he had a bit of a hard time in his personal life last season, there's every chance he will prove a good addition to our very weak squad.

Venues are despicable, if they didn't want to put any money in, why sign Danny Graham? Surely he is on a relatively good wage...

Very much like Gestede, signing Graham was probably going to be an investment for 12 months or so and hope to make a tidy profit by selling him. I know he is older than Gestede, but if he does the business he could have a decent sell on value in 12 month's. That's the only logical reason I see with it.

Not necessarily so. Read somewhere that he couldn't play much last season due to growing pains or something similar.

• Backroom

You're led to believe? Not having a go but you may as well say it's come from Nixon Chadsterrrr ^_^

Agreed - it's annoying pack it in chaddy we all know your source

Give up posting transfer info in the transfer thread? Good plan, I look forward to you contributing instead.

If it's B/S from Nixon we are better off without it.

Give up posting transfer info in the transfer thread? Good plan, I look forward to you contributing instead.

I was thinking more about the deliberately provocative posts (as it appears the community manager does as well) but if you think it should be all post in the transfer thread, well you know the answer.

Surprised we still have a transfer thread to be honest, it's not like the Venky's are going to fund any anymore as they are skint.

Looks to me like the Venky's well is virtually dry. f they can't pay the bills, someone is going to come a calling. I have a feeling we will get an announcement at some point this season, that the players wages, haven't been paid. Something just doesn't feel right at the minute and I know that's been the case for over 5 years, but this feels different.

It does.

I'd put a fair few Indian Rupees on Rovers being presently hawked around Asia.

I do not think the Raos will sell the club domestically.

Agreed - it's annoying pack it in chaddy we all know your source

I put that it like that so some people don't get angry. just cant win can I

and then when he does say it's from Nixon he gets hammered anyway. The lad can't win.

exactly. Some people will never be happy full stop. I think some people favourite thing is moaning

So he should give up then

Maybe you should give up commenting.

I'm talking Transfers

I put that it like that so some people don't get angry. just cant win can I

exactly. Some people will never be happy full stop. I think some people favourite thing is moaning

Maybe you should give up commenting.

I'm talking Transfers

It wasn't me who pulled you up about it, so wind yer neck in

Archived