BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Make you wonder why they never sold to seneca during the summer now?

The way I read it was Seneca were offering investment into the club for a 51% controlling stake. That was money for taking over day to day running of the club and some for transfers. I don't think it was for actually buying the club nor paying off Venkys debt.

Therefore despite cutting their day to day loses with Rovers they themselves would still be stuck with the debt of the money they've put In if indeed it is borrowed and secured against Indian assets which looks the case. They've also lost control of their toy which they seem to get off on and lost their accounting tool if they are using this loss making enterprise to their benefit somehow.

If they themselves aren't desperate then the can quite happily sit on it all and if it goes to the wall then it won't affect them too much like other ventures of theirs haven't in terms of their core business and personal cash. They might loose a lot of land but I wouldn't be surprised if they wriggle out of that somehow.

Just the bad publicity which would barely register in India unless it was made to and would blow over here in no time.

What we need is them to be desperate to cut their losses or their bank to insist on something like this.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kamys exit strategy could have some truth behind it, but looking at their previous "strategies", it seems more likely that the only thing they can agree on, is no more money for the club. I doubt they aren't looking past the club having to pay its own way wherever that leaves us.

Venkys don't do sensible plans.

It is the job of the administrator to avoid the vultures and sell to somebody who wishes to run the company as a going concern. A good administrator will do that.

Yes Al I agree.

Blackburn Rovers for £1 will be a very attractive proposition and is probably the reason why Seneca aren't interested in perusing their interest that keenly at the moment.

I think they'll have serious completion from the far east if we become available also.

Don't understand why they got rid of GB in the 1st place if they are going down this route. It would of made more sense to keep GB then waste the money in sacking him then appointing Lambert & Coyle.

What I want to know is;

Why have the Venkys not made contact with the fans for months/years?

Because of snowballs.

But the question was "Why have Venkys not made contact with the fans"

Not, why have they not attended.

Either way they haven't stopped because of a lone snowball they didn't hardly say anything before particularly after one of their project leaders had bailed.

Since the snowball we've had a statement penned by Myers and an unprofessional response to the Seneca stuff telling us they are committed to the 'advancement' of the club.

As you can see they are keeping their word and advancing us towards the next division.

I think that's right Tomphil .Nobody could even think about taking on £100million of debt but I think Seneca were offering to cap out their future costs and run the Club and provide money for the squad.

Logically Seneca would need control or it would be mayhem. I think leaving Venkts with 49% and nothing else to fund ( other than the debt they have run up themselves like idiots) gave Venkys the upside to pay off their debt if Seneca could manage to deliver the dream of going back to the Prem. Clearly , a long shot but you have to wonder why something like that was not even worthy of a discussion with Seneca. That is totally mind blowing given that Venkys are no longer interested in funding any squad improvements.

That then, brings you back to the thought that they need to have control themselves in order to pocket the cash generated by asset sales. It's utter lunacy on Venkys part and if they sat to think what value is left to make even a dint in £100 million then they are even more crazy than any of us thought!

But I would much rather we chanced our arm with local men who know what they are doing and having a go than dying by a thousand cuts with these morons.

To deny Seneca even made an approach and then come out with complete sh1te about being committed to the "further advancement of the club" was sheer nonsense, lies and an insult to fans intelligence.

This thing has to end badly and I for one just hope Seneca still have the appetite when the kean hits the fan any time soon.

He needs a defender, right back and left back over a striker. Stokes is looking more than capable and we know Danny Graham's capable too. Judging by the fact we're cutting costs if it turns out he's brought in Gallagher over potentially chasing a better CB then it would be the icing on the cake in an utterly miserable month for Blackburn Rovers.

A striker is by no means essential. It will be nice to add depth but we need a CB before we play on Saturday.

We have 2 CBs. Elliot Ward proved he is not good enough. Greer is 36 and can't be relied upon. Our defence on Saturday was shocking and our defence today looked extremely suspect.

I still don't understand why people are championing Lowe as a RB. Henley isn't good enough either. This is probably the worst state our defence has been in for as long as I can remember. Our attacking options aren't bad if not thin on the ground. Our defence needs reinforcements ASAP.

You would much rather use the younger strikers than the younger centre backs. It's a position with far less to lose. I do admit it would be nice to add depth but I certainly won't be jumping for joy with this. A centre back is of far more importance.

He needs a defender, right back and left back over a striker. Stokes is looking more than capable and we know Danny Graham's capable too. Judging by the fact we're cutting costs if it turns out he's brought in Gallagher over potentially chasing a better CB then it would be the icing on the cake in an utterly miserable month for Blackburn Rovers.

A striker is by no means essential. It will be nice to add depth but we need a CB before we play on Saturday.

Disagree. Mind you it's a moot point because all three are very, very needed.

Whilst what you say about Graham and Stokes is true, there is literally no one to replace either of them, if there is an injury or suspension. We literally couldn't play 4-4-2. At least we have someone in Ward to cover Greer and Duffy (or Greer to cover Ward.)

The reality is the squad is threadbare, and whilst the first 11 looks ok (minus keeper and left back) there is very little depth whatsoever, and in all of the positions you mention there is none.

Disagree. Mind you it's a moot point because all three are very, very needed.

Whilst what you say about Graham and Stokes is true, there is literally no one to replace either of them, if there is an injury or suspension. We literally couldn't play 4-4-2. At least we have someone in Ward to cover Greer and Duffy (or Greer to cover Ward.)

The reality is the squad is threadbare, and whilst the first 11 looks ok (minus keeper and left back) there is very little depth whatsoever, and in all of the positions you mention there is none.

It's hard to explain but I do agree that we need a striker. I just think we need a CB/RB/LB more. I also think that this will be one of our last incomings, with the last few 'falling through' (if they existed), and this Sam Gallagher turns out to be our last loan then we will have once made a terrible decision.

GB proved a few years ago that you can score as many as you want but if you leak goals you won't get anywhere. Well, we will leak MORE goals this year and we certainly won't score as many. Sam Gallagher is hardly prolific. There's just bigger priorities in my opinion.

It's hard to explain but I do agree that we need a striker. I just think we need a CB/RB/LB more. I also think that this will be one of our last incomings, with the last few 'falling through' (if they existed), and this Sam Gallagher turns out to be our last loan then we will have once made a terrible decision.

GB proved a few years ago that you can score as many as you want but if you leak goals you won't get anywhere. Well, we will leak MORE goals this year and we certainly won't score as many. Sam Gallagher is hardly prolific. There's just bigger priorities in my opinion.

Agree with a lot of that although feel you can get the defensive side through limited players IF organised well and have high fitness levels. Feel the goal scoring is more difficult to do with scant resources hence why a striker would be my priority.

This is a depressing situation we are in though where we debate which single - of the many - deficiency in the squad we try to address!

Looking at the situation logically, everything points to them planning an exit. But when has logic ever applied to Venky's?

Why didn't they 'sell' to Senaca? Well, I don't think Senaca were offering to take on the debt. They were only offering to invest in the squad (which Venky's care little about) and take on the running costs (that doesn't help Venky's pay off some of the BoI debt). From a business point if view, it's far better for them to sell off what they can (I.e. wait to the end of the transfer window) and then hand over to Senaca to take on this season's running costs.

Chances of Duffy and Marshall being offered new contracts...zero.

Nobody is going to take on the debt Venkys have built up. Nor should they.

Kamys exit strategy could have some truth behind it, but looking at their previous "strategies", it seems more likely that the only thing they can agree on, is no more money for the club. I doubt they aren't looking past the club having to pay its own way wherever that leaves us.

Venkys don't do sensible plans.

I wonder how Venkys would handle the sale? Don't think they would look to handover to local groups.

More likely the Russian Mafia or Chinese Triads or such like.

They would do the impossible----a worse job than the Walker Trust.

After switching the camera angles and quietly cashing in players they might be courting someone already. Maybe they've even got Jerome on the job he was like one of the family after all.

What's that geezer called that Kean works for now ;)

Archived