BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rochdale

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rochdale look a very decent side and with better finishing, particularly in the second half, would have clinched the victory they deserved. We badly need reinforcements and the quicker we sell Hanley to raise some cash the better. We need a left-back, Hendrie may be OK for back-up but he looks very raw. I'm not quite sure what Stokes is, he certainly doesn't look like a striker and positionally is all over the place. On Saturday he drifted to the left wing and in this game he was dropping back very deep, at times just in front of his own back four, wanting to play the ball from deep positions. Ward and Bennett looked good throughout while Feeney and Guthrie played well for the time they were on the pitch. Bennett and Feeney put in some excellent crosses and Graham scored a cracking goal getting on the end of a cross. McDermott's goal was an outstanding free-kick. Early days, but there is an awful lot of work to do to make us into a mid-table team.

Rochdale look a very decent side and with better finishing, particularly in the second half, would have clinched the victory they deserved. We badly need reinforcements and the quicker we sell Hanley to raise some cash the better. We need a left-back, Hendrie may be OK for back-up but he looks very raw. I'm not quite sure what Stokes is, he certainly doesn't look like a striker and positionally is all over the place. On Saturday he drifted to the left wing and in this game he was dropping back very deep, at times just in front of his own back four, wanting to play the ball from deep positions. Ward and Bennett looked good throughout while Feeney and Guthrie played well for the time they were on the pitch. Bennett and Feeney put in some excellent crosses and Graham scored a cracking goal getting on the end of a cross. McDermott's goal was an outstanding free-kick. Early days, but there is an awful lot of work to do to make us into a mid-table team.

Thanks for the write-up, it certainly looks like we won't be short of some decent, quick wingers this season.

i'm not sure a pre-season friendly game at Rochdale offers any insight on how we'll do over a 46-game season in the league.

I doubt we'll get any of the Hanley cash for a sale, it will no doubt just be used to bring the debt down.......

It was never part of 'the plan' for Coyle to get any of the money. This summer was always going to be a repeat of January and last summer. Sell a major asset or two for multi millions and not reinvest. They'll probably then authorise Coyle to sign a 'high profile' replacement on a loan or free transfer, which will pacify the upset fans and lead some to think the money is being reinvested. Like some believe signing a few loans in January accounted for the missing £9 million from Jordan Rhodes, some will believe that £6 million for Hanley will be swallowed up by Danny Graham's wages.

If the neck end of £30 million pocketed in the last 12 months was being used to pay down the debt and our debt was going to drop from £100 million to £70 million then I might feel slightly better about things, because that massive amount has to be dealt with at some stage, but my money is on our debt levels remaining around the £100 million mark when the next set of accounts come out, with the £30 million apparently being swallowed up by 'running costs'.

Cheston will probably come out with some nonsense about FFP rules preventing us spending the millions.

Thanks Parson.

It's OK signing players, but the quality has to be there. Sounds like you didn't see too much of that. With the likelihood of us losing at least one more of our better players, the signs look pretty ominous. As you say, I think we're a long way short at the moment.

Parson thanks for the summary.

Can I ask how we played using 4-4-2 formation in the first half compare to 4-2-3-1 formation in the second half?

Do you think Stokes might be trying too hard to impress?

How did Lowe do at right back and Wharton at centre back?

Archived