BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 9.30Pm Tonight - New Social Media Hashtag

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These documents were presented to the Football Authorities by an MP very recently. Once again the level of interest from said authorities was disappointing.

Sadly it's old news now, we are were we are under the radar and no one cares how we got here. Just viewed as a small championship club again now 5 years after the scam began so it's largely forgotten about. We always said stuff would begin to come to light eventually and the real story would begin to unfold but it's no surprise it's allowed to be being given air time so far.

Time has passed and many tracks will have been covered.

Im pretty sure the BRFCAG will be in the throws of organising something.

Be that an open meeting or direct action.

Having spoken to a few of them yesterday , I know they have been busy in the background, but whatever route they take its imperitive that supporters get behind them and support whatever they come up with.

I have been in that position at the first ever protest, wondering if anyone would turn up, wondering if other supporters felt like I did, wondering what to do next.

Its a lonely place without support and a very lonely place when you get more grief than support from other sections of the supporter base.

Im happy to support any supporter lead campaign, im also happy to get involved (wife will kill me if she reads this).

Yesterday a supporter got brave, some may say stupid by tweeting what I gave him.

I take my hat off to him, because if others are willing to take a stand too, then we can reignite the passion for this club by saying enough is enough.

Someone PM yesterday with the V's for Venkys, which I thought was quite catchy.

Whatever happens, going forward, i promise my full co-operation be that in answering questions in public or sharing my contacts for a well organised campaign RTID

Brave indeed!

We need to sustain this anger and momentum now and not let it die down.

It could be argued that the release of these documents are in the best interests of BRFC.

Final nail would be the agreement of kentaro which given they are now liquidated would not breach confidentiality on there part?

I've had them for months mate!

I've got to say it's been hard reading accusations that well-meaning people were "conspiracy theorists", that there were no conspiracies "just stupidity", even that the Venkys were " well-meaning chaps who got conned".

It was also hard seeing Glen get slaughtered by the Venky apologists, knowing what he personally went through. If Rovers are saved in the end, we owe that man an enormous debt.

Well you did ask, why the owners would sign it off, which I assumed you were asking because you didn't know. It seems that they were relying on the contracts, being the norm and when this was presented to them to sign, duly obliged. I guess much the same as the Myles Anderson contract being signed. They would not know if he was any good at football or not, so £40k per week for a good player, was in their minds fine. As you will know having had read the letter from Brabners solicitors, they eventually questioned unjustifiably large salary increases (and trigger benefits), relating to Roberts, Solgado, Nelson and Myles Anderson, but by then it was too late. So in answer to your question posted earlier, Venkys either signed these contracts, or agreed them to be signed on their behalf, as they believed them to be Bone Fide.

Sadly it's old news now, we are were we are under the radar and no one cares how we got here. Just viewed as a small championship club again now 5 years after the scam began so it's largely forgotten about. We always said stuff would begin to come to light eventually and the real story would begin to unfold but it's no surprise it's allowed to be being given air time so far.

Time has passed and many tracks will have been covered.

Maximum embarrassment needed on social media at a minimum

I still don't understand why MP's who are Rovers fans cannot make statements under parliamentary privilege as to what's going on in our club.

They can. I urge all posters on here to write to their MP and ask them what they can do. Hand written letters still have some clout. Especially when they are about a local institution. They are our elected representatives. Let's get them working for us.

• Backroom

There has always been an operation from within the club to keep the fans quiet. I do think they genuinely fear the fanbase uniting and coming at them full force.

During the time SEM/Kentaro were in control, there were two strands of attack - the media (particularly Sky Sports and the Soccer Saturday panel) and security at Ewood itself. The idea was essentially to oppress the fans into silence, led by Agnew in the ground and Charlie Nicholas on Sky.

When we were relegated and Venky's/SEM/Kentaro/Crescendo fell out with each other, the tactic changed. This time they were going to try and appease the fans. Shebby was brought in to assure fans that they were listening and willing to accept the fans opinion.That situation ended in an ungodly mess, so the next step was to put Bowyer in the hotseat. A local bloke, willing to work cheap, who wouldn't ask questions and who the fans had a connection with and could get behind.

This turned out to be somewhat of a masterstroke as far as Venky's were concerned. Anybody who dared to be negative was shouted down as undermining GB and the "stability" he had created. Not only that, but all things considered Bowyer overperformed in his first season and gave even greater credence to the illusion that we were a "normal" club who were on the up after a few bad years.

Of course, we were still anything but normal and once again inevitably began to sink. The fans get restless again, so Bowyer is removed and replaced by Paul Lambert. This leads to general delight and comments of Venky's "turning a corner". Lambert soon realised what an absolute mess the club is (and was clearly suspicious of this beforehand, hence his clause) and Venky's are likely quite shocked when he says "thanks, but no thanks" and walks only six months after taking the job. Most fans are absolutely incensed, although some inexplicably try to blame Lambert - essentially for being too ambitious. Maybe a hint of stockholm syndrome appearing amongst certain members of the fanbase. That's good for Venky's, the next hire just needs to be someone fairly decent. The remaining fans would accept that. Hell, we had people on here justifying nobodies like Joyce for the role after all.

I'm not sure what possessed them to hire Coyle. They've done quite well in dividing the fanbase over the years and deflecting blame from themselves, but hiring Coyle was a huge, huge mistake. Now there is the potential, for the first time since the Kean era, for the majority of our remaining fans to potentially unite and try one last time to oust the Indians. The scenario they've been luckily avoiding for many years is finally close to happening again.

Will they sense this and swiftly bin Coyle before things turn nasty? Would bringing in somebody like Warnock cause fans to calm down and carry on as normal, again? It really shouldn't do, but I fear it would.

There has always been an operation from within the club to keep the fans quiet. I do think they genuinely fear the fanbase uniting and coming at them full force.

During the time SEM/Kentaro were in control, there were two strands of attack - the media (particularly Sky Sports and the Soccer Saturday panel) and security at Ewood itself. The idea was essentially to oppress the fans into silence, led by Agnew in the ground and Charlie Nicholas on Sky.

When we were relegated and Venky's/SEM/Kentaro/Crescendo fell out with each other, the tactic changed. This time they were going to try and appease the fans. Shebby was brought in to assure fans that they were listening and willing to accept the fans opinion.That situation ended in an ungodly mess, so the next step was to put Bowyer in the hotseat. A local bloke, willing to work cheap, who wouldn't ask questions and who the fans had a connection with and could get behind.

This turned out to be somewhat of a masterstroke as far as Venky's were concerned. Anybody who dared to be negative was shouted down as undermining GB and the "stability" he had created. Not only that, but all things considered Bowyer overperformed in his first season and gave even greater credence to the illusion that we were a "normal" club who were on the up after a few bad years.

Of course, we were still anything but normal and once again inevitably began to sink. The fans get restless again, so Bowyer is removed and replaced by Paul Lambert. This leads to general delight and comments of Venky's "turning a corner". Lambert soon realised what an absolute mess the club is (and was clearly suspicious of this beforehand, hence his clause) and Venky's are likely quite shocked when he says "thanks, but no thanks" and walks only six months after taking the job. Most fans are absolutely incensed, although some inexplicably try to blame Lambert - essentially for being too ambitious. Maybe a hint of stockholm syndrome appearing amongst certain members of the fanbase. That's good for Venky's, the next hire just needs to be someone fairly decent. The remaining fans would accept that. Hell, we had people on here justifying nobodies like Joyce for the role after all.

I'm not sure what possessed them to hire Coyle. They've done quite well in dividing the fanbase over the years and deflecting blame from themselves, but hiring Coyle was a huge, huge mistake. Now there is the potential, for the first time since the Kean era, for the majority of our remaining fans to potentially unite and try one last time to oust the Indians. The scenario they've been luckily avoiding for many years is finally close to happening again.

Will they sense this and swiftly bin Coyle before things turn nasty? Would bringing in somebody like Warnock cause fans to calm down and carry on as normal, again? It really shouldn't do, but I fear it would.

That's the sound of the hammer hitting the nail.

What's the legalities if every forum member say at 8pm tweeted all the documents on twitter. I'm sure we all have our own followers and as such would be picked up by other clubs posted on there forums and possibly gain coverage?

Without a doubt they fear the supporter base, millions have been lost across a number of bank accounts due to supporter uprising.

Id love to spend 3 hours telling people just some of the things i have personally witnessed the last 5 years, would take me a month to say everything I know.

From offers of boardroom, to interference in my employment, to payments made against supporters, to protest being funded by venkys closest allies, to rogue venkys aids, to sexual harrassment, to direct threats to supporters the list goes on and on.

Duped ???? Not a chance

Good post and basically sums it up. Never has the term 'window dressing' been more appropriate to a football club than Rovers under this reign of terror.

Without a doubt they fear the supporter base, millions have been lost across a number of bank accounts due to supporter uprising.

Id love to spend 3 hours telling people just some of the things i have personally witnessed the last 5 years, would take me a month to say everything I know.

From offers of boardroom, to interference in my employment, to payments made against supporters, to protest being funded by venkys closest allies, to rogue venkys aids, to sexual harrassment, to direct threats to supporters the list goes on and on.

Duped ???? Not a chance

I know we have spoken in the past Glen about you writing book on it. You may remember me mentioning a friend who has written several books and I offered you an introduction to him. Just a thought and I will understand if you are reluctant, but what about a podcast, that could be posted on here, with the essential ingredients included in it?

Duped ???? Not a chance

A Q&A with Glen Mullan down the cow...

(Y)

Glen, without wishing to pry too much, how badly has protesting/organising/speaking out affected your daily life?

If everybody got in on it and not the few do you think there may be enough to expose these charlatans for what they truly are?

The past 16hrs have been very informative indeed and I think for most including me the penny is about to drop.

But one thing that i still don't understand is why did Venkys buy us? What is in it for them?

They are billionaires why would they need this hassle.

Glen, without wishing to pry too much, how badly has protesting/organising/speaking out affected your daily life?

If everybody got in on it and not the few do you think there may be enough to expose these charlatans for what they truly are?

Truthfully?

Loss of employment, loss of home, loss of thousands of pounds, loss of friends, require operation after stupidly breaking ankle before spurs protest and not having it fixed, attacked, threatened, wife attacked, children attacked, parents and sister brought into it, life totally intruded .

6 years on, i have recovered by working damn bloody hard, i now part own my own business, employ 27 people and have learnt more about myself and what can be achieved if you believe in your own beliefs.

Would i do it again based on what i know and have seen??

Yes because I'm a fighter and always follow my heart

Well you did ask, why the owners would sign it off, which I assumed you were asking because you didn't know. It seems that they were relying on the contracts, being the norm and when this was presented to them to sign, duly obliged. I guess much the same as the Myles Anderson contract being signed. They would not know if he was any good at football or not, so £40k per week for a good player, was in their minds fine. As you will know having had read the letter from Brabners solicitors, they eventually questioned unjustifiably large salary increases (and trigger benefits), relating to Roberts, Solgado, Nelson and Myles Anderson, but by then it was too late. So in answer to your question posted earlier, Venkys either signed these contracts, or agreed them to be signed on their behalf, as they believed them to be Bone Fide.

Sorry mate, didn't mean to sound abrasive. It was a rhetorical question aimed at opening further discussion on their motivation.

It could well be that,as you say, they trusted the people in question and maybe never even read the stuff. It's an enormous dereliction of duty though if so and incredibly dangerous to allow others open slather to spend big sums of your money on your behalf without any checks and balances.

It gives a good clue as to the relationship between Venkys and their "operators" if so.

That accounts for the stupidity angle but leaves a lot of things unanswered. What exactly did they expect from these arrangements?

Oodles of cash? A growing affection for them in Britain leading to us all rushing to buy their products?

It would help explain why everything now has to go through them and takes forever and why the outcome is always disasterous!

What a shambles.

Sorry mate, didn't mean to sound abrasive. It was a rhetorical question aimed at opening further discussion on their motivation.

It could well be that,as you say, they trusted the people in question and maybe never even read the stuff. It's an enormous dereliction of duty though if so and incredibly dangerous to allow others open slather to spend big sums of your money on your behalf without any checks and balances.

It gives a good clue as to the relationship between Venkys and their "operators" if so.

That accounts for the stupidity angle but leaves a lot of things unanswered. What exactly did they expect from these arrangements?

Oodles of cash? A growing affection for them in Britain leading to us all rushing to buy their products?

It would help explain why everything now has to go through them and takes forever and why the outcome is always disasterous!

What a shambles.

No need to apologise, I understand and you are certainly right, it is a shambles.

What I don't get, unless I'm missing the obvious, is that the letter from Brabners to the Kentaro lawyer is quite damning of Kentaro / SEM / Anderson and shows that they realise that their client has been screwed over.

Therefore why would Crescendo still be pulling the strings at Ewood now unless there is no legal way for Venkys to ditch them?

There's still many pieces missing from this puzzle.

What I don't get, unless I'm missing the obvious, is that the letter from Brabners to the Kentaro lawyer is quite damning of Kentaro / SEM / Anderson and shows that they realise that their client has been screwed over.

Therefore why would Crescendo still be pulling the strings at Ewood now unless there is no legal way for Venkys to ditch them?

Dosen't the letter to the FA allude to an agreement with "Crescendo" ?

• Backroom

The past 16hrs have been very informative indeed and I think for most including me the penny is about to drop.

But one thing that i still don't understand is why did Venkys buy us? What is in it for them?

They are billionaires why would they need this hassle.

It's stated in one of the documents that they "saw it as an investment opportunity". I think the original idea - that they bought the club as a vehicle to promote their brand - still holds true. But they didn't want the hassle of dealing with an industry they had no experience in, so Crescendo/SEM/Kentaro were entrusted with the running of the club until we were relegated from the Premier League. At this point they had a huge falling out with the aforementioned parties, probably became aware that plenty of what went on was not above board, and have acted since to deflect attention from those first two years whilst attempting to drastically reduce costs and keep the club in the Championship.

Where relegation to League One leaves us and Venky's remains a mystery. They may consider the financial losses worthwhile in order to keep a lid on everything that's happened here, especially if they can get the club to a level where it is losing only minimal amounts of money. I assume that's the aim, and if so the fans must do everything possible to remove them from power.

I've never got that either. Appleton was said to have been sacked when Venkys realised he was SEM so what are these characters doing back at Ewood?

I've had them for months mate!

I've got to say it's been hard reading accusations that well-meaning people were "conspiracy theorists", that there were no conspiracies "just stupidity", even that the Venkys were " well-meaning chaps who got conned".

It was also hard seeing Glen get slaughtered by the Venky apologists, knowing what he personally went through. If Rovers are saved in the end, we owe that man an enormous debt.

after reading what I seen you are right

Im pretty sure the BRFCAG will be in the throws of organising something.

Be that an open meeting or direct action.

Having spoken to a few of them yesterday , I know they have been busy in the background, but whatever route they take its imperitive that supporters get behind them and support whatever they come up with.

I have been in that position at the first ever protest, wondering if anyone would turn up, wondering if other supporters felt like I did, wondering what to do next.

Its a lonely place without support and a very lonely place when you get more grief than support from other sections of the supporter base.

Im happy to support any supporter lead campaign, im also happy to get involved (wife will kill me if she reads this).

Yesterday a supporter got brave, some may say stupid by tweeting what I gave him.

I take my hat off to him, because if others are willing to take a stand too, then we can reignite the passion for this club by saying enough is enough.

Someone PM yesterday with the V's for Venkys, which I thought was quite catchy.

Whatever happens, going forward, i promise my full co-operation be that in answering questions in public or sharing my contacts for a well organised campaign RTID

that's good to hear about BRFCAG orgainsing something?

all fans need to unite and be together whether you are season ticket holder or not. we all need to be together.

These documents were presented to the Football Authorities by an MP very recently. Once again the level of interest from said authorities was disappointing.

Graeme Jones the MP?

I still don't understand why MP's who are Rovers fans cannot make statements under parliamentary privilege as to what's going on in our club.

very true

Brave indeed!

We need to sustain this anger and momentum now and not let it die down.

It could be argued that the release of these documents are in the best interests of BRFC.

Final nail would be the agreement of kentaro which given they are now liquidated would not breach confidentiality on there part?

I wonder if there is most documents to come out?

Does anyone have any more documents to shared?

Duped ???? Not a chance

maybe one day you will write a book on it. Could be a best seller between Rovers fans

Maybe a podcast would be awesome.

But just reading what they has done to your life and your family make me really angry and I'm really sorry to hear that.

I am pleased that you have recovered enough to have a good life now.

I will be honest that I really not sure if I could my family in danger and that's me being honest. But it proves what some people will do to cover things up and attack your family and friends

Archived