BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 9.30Pm Tonight - New Social Media Hashtag

I'd read this, given it could be a personal guarantee of the undersigned on shirt monies (4 million) then perhaps we can do what the Germans did to Grothe and Hubert of Kentaro, the company may have gone bust but case law in Germany now lends itself on a personal guarantee to go after them personally for losses.

http://www.crosschannellawyers.co.uk/high-court-orders-kentaro-managers-grothe-and-huber-to-pay-eur-1m/

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well there we have it, the very fact that some people stood to gain financially, if we fell out of the premier league. I wonder if the same applies when we fall out of the championship this year?

A couple of things Philip please. I didn't know that Coyle was appointed in Cheston's absence. Who appointed him and why has Cheston gone on record to say that Coyle was the outstanding candidate? Also if these documents can come out today, can we possibly have more through the same channels please? Someone has stuck their neck out an awful long way today, perhaps that can be done again.

I didn't follow it terribly closely but Neil Warnock was all organised to be our new manager (apparently he had been approached while still at Rotherham just before his one year contract expired). Cheston went on holiday believing Warnock was a completely done deal.

Then Owen Coyle was appointed.

The Lancs Telegraph is a joke of a paper you only have to look at how they refuse to let comments be posted on anything that could be remotely controversial. They wont be party to any conflict.

I'm wondering about the legalities of a website along the lines of the Colin Hendry site.

There's mention of existing players receiving large contract increases, do we know who represented those players?

Ive only been skimming through but please could someone clarify the difference between SEM, kentaro and crescendo? Never really known the links/differences between the first two especially

Try to imagine a pig farm at feeding time

;)

For me the main problem with regards to the protesting is that Venky's have done one thing exceptionally well which is to fragment the Rovers fans base. Together there is a large following but at the moment it is in little clusters all over the place. For our voices to be heard we need to have a figure head who actively looks to give a long term goal and to reunite all the fans. The fans are willing to fight but too many don't even know where to start. You need someone who helps unites the Trust, Seneca, and the fan base to make our voices heard. Who should step up is never easy but the only way I can ever see Rovers fans getting what they want is by being better organised and having a figure head who helps give a direction by having an open and clear communication with all the fans base (which is not easy) in order to help strategies to get the result we all want which is for Venky's to leave.

We have this in Ian Battersby but for some reason people won't get behind him.

In my view it needs a figurehead familiar to fans. Much like Linekar for Leicester and Niall Quinn for Sunderland, we need someone like Garner to head up a proper Seneca consortium bid but if Venkys are asking a stupid price - if they will even speak to anyone.

It would be nice too if the likes of Roberts, Nelsen, Samba, Salgado, Pedersen could back the #VenkysOut campaign - although that's probably too romantic a notion - just to apply a bit of pressure, and maybe put the spotlight on them.

In my view it needs a figurehead familiar to fans. Much like Linekar for Leicester and Niall Quinn for Sunderland, we need someone like Garner to head up a proper Seneca consortium bid but if Venkys are asking a stupid price - if they will even speak to anyone.

It would be nice too if the likes of Roberts, Nelsen, Samba, Salgado, Pedersen could back the #VenkysOut campaign - although that's probably too romantic a notion - just to apply a bit of pressure, and maybe put the spotlight on them.

Everyone needs to back the Seneca bid. Get the Seneca logos on some flags for sky!

They will get the club a structure what it despretley needs, get the club on an even keel and handover the club to decent owners once the job is done.

Back the Ian's.

At this point in time having read people suggesting protest ideas we are not at that stage yet. Rather than throwing out a few protest here and there, we need to focus more than anything to get people to re-engage in the fan base whether it be friends and family who have lost touch with the club we need to get everyone to understand this is our last stand and fight. The more we are the more effective we can be.

• Backroom

The David Conn article from Dec 2010 always makes a good read, even FKW gets a mention (although he will have never heard of David Conn or the Guardian)

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2010/dec/21/blackburn-rovers-venkys-jerome-anderson

I read that earlier. A very interesting read in hindsight, and Coyle being mentioned in the article is strange considering he's never heard of SEM :blink:

I didn't follow it terribly closely but Neil Warnock was all organised to be our new manager (apparently he had been approached while still at Rotherham just before his one year contract expired). Cheston went on holiday believing Warnock was a completely done deal.

didn't actually that Warnock was Cheston's choice to be manager.

I wonder who picked Coyle then? was he Silvester's choice and according to Coyle interview he received a phone call from him?

Why wont people get behind Battersby and Currie bid for the club?

why not get Rovers's legends like Garner, Shearer, Freidal backing their bid?

This is more than just backing the Seneca bid. The two Ian's are the solution but they cannot be apart of a protest for obvious reasons. Rovers are rich with famous supporters and ex players. We don't need a legend as a figurehead Glen Mullan proved that much when he was putting pressure left right and centre when in charge of the protest in the past. You need these legends to back to the cause but they don't necessarily need to be the head of it.

I love Garner but I don't think he can come up with anything interesting to say off his own bat. Keeley came across really well last time but to get everyone onside it probably needs someone more familiar to the modern day fanbase.

Peds would be a good one if he's got the minerals although I would think he'll be looking to stay in football in some capacity so probably wouldn't touch it.

Who appointed him then and had Cheston left instruction for Warnock to be given the job?

The Lancs Telegraph is a joke of a paper you only have to look at how they refuse to let comments be posted on anything that could be remotely controversial. They wont be party to any conflict.

I'm wondering about the legalities of a website along the lines of the Colin Hendry site.

There's mention of existing players receiving large contract increases, do we know who represented those players?

I could make a very good guess at this. Try the initial JA.

If "they" are still around, then Cheston is but a paid mouthpiece. Who is giving the go ahead?

Thought Pasha was advising on this appointment, could it be he who appointed/preferred Coyle?

I could make a very good guess at this. Try the initial JA.

Ryan Nelsen - Lyle Yorks (James Grant Sports)

Funnily enough Nelsen now operates his own football agency backed by Kia Joorabachian.

Jason Roberts - First Artist Football Agents

Who appointed him then and had Cheston left instruction for Warnock to be given the job?

Makes you wonder who was in charge of the manager situation? cos Warnock didn't fit the Criteria that Cheston told the LT what type of manager we were after

Thought Pasha was advising on this appointment, could it be he who appointed/preferred Coyle?

Ryan Nelsen - Lyle Yorks (James Grant Sports)

Funnily enough Nelsen now operates his own football agency back by Kia Joorabachian.

who recommend Coyle to the club or approach him?

didn't Warnock have the job as his until Coyle get in and said he would do it for lower wage? didn't Ronnie Jepson say this?

I'd like to add to this. I met Matt Derbyshire at a kids party in Clitheroe during the summer. His lad was in the same nursery class as my lad. I had a good chat with him and he is a decent bloke.

Anyway he told me that Warnock to Rovers had been pretty much a done deal but fell through at the last minute as Warnock wanted his own right hand man / coach where as Rovers wanted him to work with existing staff ie Irvine and Kelly.

He also told me that he had been lined up to sign for Rovers by Warnock and he had been extremely excited about returning. He spoke very highly of Warnock and had a good relationship with him at Rotherham.

Coyle had just been appointed and he told me he was on Coyles 'second choice' list. He said there was an outside chance it could happen but was obviously doubtful as Coyle wanted others before him.

He seemed quite down about it which is understandable.

I didn't put anything on the message board at the time as didn't feel it was appropriate. However he has now got a new club in Cyprus. He is also a fan of Rovers and I would hope he wouldn't mind me sharing it to highlight the shambles the club is.

Archived